Options

A watched phone never rings...

MoJo-GirlMoJo-Girl Posts: 979
Forum Member
✭✭
Grrrrr, I just need to vent!

I went for a second interview for a job that is PERFECT for me last week at a really big marketing agency and I was told I would get a phone call the next day but that the job is "mine for the taking."

I didn't receive said phone call so I sent the HR dept a very nice, polite follow-up e-mail. The guy came back two days later to say that they are still "processing my application" and someone will get in touch with me Wednesday/Thursday of this week.

It's now Friday and still nothing. Zilch. Nada.

I am not going to chase them again but it's just so frustrating (and dare I say it, rude?) that they haven't kept me in the loop!

Has anyone else been treated in this way? It's so soul destroying!

>:(

Comments

• Options
    ResonanceResonance Posts: 16,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately you are likely not very high up on their priority list.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Resonance wrote: »
    Unfortunately you are likely not very high up on their priority list.

I know I'm not that important to the HR bods but I find myself checking my mobile and e-mails 100 times a day! It's like I'm a woman possessed!!

Play it cool, MoJo-Girl...play it cool.

:cool:
  • Options
    B_Bowler27B_Bowler27 Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    Just got to play it cool and the reply will come in time when you least expect it! Good luck :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MoJo-Girl wrote: »
    I know I'm not that important to the HR bods but I find myself checking my mobile and e-mails 100 times a day! It's like I'm a woman possessed!!

Play it cool, MoJo-Girl...play it cool.

:cool:

:D I think you're doing the right thing by not pestering them again. You might piss them off if you do. Unless this is some kind of test to see how keen you are?
  • Options
    DinkyDoobieDinkyDoobie Posts: 17,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grrrrr, I just need to vent!

I went for a second interview for a job that is PERFECT for me last week at a really big marketing agency and I was told I would get a phone call the next day but that the job is "mine for the taking."

>:(

My first thought on reading the bib

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCFB2akLh4s

but good luck, hope you get it :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I won't e-mail or call them again - they know where I am if they want to contact me. And yes, I would come across a bit desperate I think if I chased them again! Classic stalker behaviour, that!

I'm annoyed at myself more than anything - I feel so silly getting so worked up about it. I'm checking my phone every time I have left my desk and refreshing my e-mails more than is probably healthy!

I might turn my phone off and leave it off until this afternoon. Give my brain a break!

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My first thought on reading the bib

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCFB2akLh4s

but good luck, hope you get it :)

Ha ha! Cheers!

I did end the interview like this...was that wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sax2M023G_c
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately this seems to be the norm in recruitment. I wish I had a pound for every time I've been told they will ring me within a few days and didn't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    Unfortunately this seems to be the norm in recruitment. I wish I had a pound for every time I've been told they will ring me within a few days and didn't.

I think it's so rude! How hard is it to send an e-mail these days? It can be a stock template just saying

"Dear Whoever. Thanks for coming in to see us but you ain't got the job. Better luck next time, loser."

:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I won't e-mail or call them again - they know where I am if they want to contact me. And yes, I would come across a bit desperate I think if I chased them again! Classic stalker behaviour, that!

I'm annoyed at myself more than anything - I feel so silly getting so worked up about it. I'm checking my phone every time I have left my desk and refreshing my e-mails more than is probably healthy!

I might turn my phone off and leave it off until this afternoon. Give my brain a break!

:D

Sods law they'll ring you then :)