Best Sitcoms that deserve a repeat

Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,805
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've just been watching Chance in a Million on dvd , haven't seen it since it was on .

I've been thinking of looking for others - sitoms that were popular but haven't been on in ages .

Brittas Empire is another .

what would you pick ?

Comments

• Trappedin80'sTrappedin80's Posts: 6,270
    Forum Member
    I would pick both of the comedies that you mentioned, plus Dear John and some more that I will mention when I can think of them. :)
  • BBTweetsBBTweets Posts: 12,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agony with Maureen Lipman and one where the dad was a cartoonist - think it was called something like All In The Family.
    Forum Member
    BBTweets wrote: »
    Agony with Maureen Lipman and one where the dad was a cartoonist - think it was called something like All In The Family.

You saying about that has reminded me about that old 80's sitcom about the bloke who was a cartoon strip artist who would regularly annoy his family members with a lion-hand-puppet version of his cartoon character.

I'm not saying that it deserves repeating, though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You saying about that has reminded me about that old 80's sitcom about the bloke who was a cartoon strip artist who would regularly annoy his family members with a lion-hand-puppet version of his cartoon character.

I'm not saying that it deserves repeating, though.

That's the one I was thinking about. He'd sit with the puppet on while he was drawing the cartoons if I remember correctly. It wasn't a barrel of laughs but I enjoyed it when it was on.
    Forum Member
    Yep, that's obviously the one. I'd forgotten about it. The only episode that I can remember is the one where he got drunk and was drawing pictures and flirting with a woman.
  • trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ORIGINAL Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin.

Just to show what a pitiful copy "Reggie" was.
  • shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    The Good Life.. used to love that.,

Fawlty Towers

Home Sweet Home..I know it wast that funny but when was younger always found Martin Clunes amusing in it.

Someone mentioned DEar John..wen I see Roy Cropper h always reminds me of the lead character.

Watching..pretty sad but I liked it
  • anotherlongersanotherlongers Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's the one I was thinking about. He'd sit with the puppet on while he was drawing the cartoons if I remember correctly. It wasn't a barrel of laughs but I enjoyed it when it was on.

Yeah I remember that series too, especially the episode when he was sitting in the bath and his two stunning daughters (played by Stacey Dorning and Jenny Quayle) walking in dressed in only their underwear. One of the best sitcom scene's of all time :o
  • nightporternightporter Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shelly with Hywel Bennett, from early '80s.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shirlt9 wrote: »

Fawlty Towers

Home Sweet Home..I know it wast that funny but when was younger always found Martin Clunes amusing in it.

Someone mentioned DEar John..wen I see Roy Cropper h always reminds me of the lead character.

I loved Watching. If anybody ever wanted reminding of 80's fashion, that's the show to watch. I thought the girl was gorgeous and I wanted to look like her :o

E.T.A. The Good Life was being re-run on one of the satellite channels recently. I never really watched it first time round because I thought it was boring but I loved watching it this time round.
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,526
    Forum Member

Hi. It was called Keep it in the Family :) I was only 5 or something at the time it was on but I vaguely remember it
    Forum Member
    I loved Watching. If anybody ever wanted reminding of 80's fashion, that's the show to watch. I thought the girl was gorgeous and I wanted to look like her :o

I agree..and the theme tune was good too..

It was boredom at first sight..you could hardly call him bright

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8S5M3Hn6o4
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Haunt Me, I admit I was about 11 when I liked it and it may have not stood up to the test of time.
    Forum Member

E.T.A. The Good Life was being re-run on one of the satellite channels recently. I never really watched it first time round because I thought it was boring but I loved watching it this time round.

Felicity Kendall is stunning in The Good Life..
    Forum Member

Fawlty Towers

Watching was great, not sad! :) I think it should be repeated. I used to think Brenda was great. I wonder what the actress Emma Wray is doing now. She wore some hideous clothes and earrings, I know it was the 80's but even then it was awful stuff! Liza Tarbuck was brilliant as her older sister Pamela
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Felicity Kendall is stunning in The Good Life..

Most definitely. I was surprised that I thought Penelope Keith was a bit of a stunner too. Her skin was like porcelain back then. I really only remembered her from To The Manor Born but although she's not everyone's idea of beautiful, she must have been the 70's version of Sarah Jessica Parker.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I loved both of these series, particularly Watching which was one of the few programmes that we all watched together as a family when I was growing up and found funny

Just Good Friends - I always thought this was overshadowed by Only Fools & Horses as everybody seems to have forgotten that John Sullivan wrote both (and Dear John I believe?) and I far preferred it to OFAH
    Forum Member
    Most definitely. I was surprised that I thought Penelope Keith was a bit of a stunner too. Her skin was like porcelain back then. I really only remembered her from To The Manor Born but although she's not everyone's idea of beautiful, she must have been the 70's version of Sarah Jessica Parker.

I love her as Margo..when she tries to b helpful and gets hr marigolds and wellies on and always ends up face don in mud..really good casting of all 4 main characters..all just rude and flirty enough wth eachother.
    Forum Member
    I'd like to see Colin's Sandwich and Chelmsford 123 again. Not many people remember these!
    Forum Member

Fawlty Towers

Yeah, their physical similarities haven't escaped me, either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    I'd like to see Colin's Sandwich and Chelmsford 123 again. Not many people remember these!

Chelmsford 123 is currently available on 4oD. I agree with you about Colin's Sandwich - I'd love to see that again.
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    glyn wrote: »
    Chelmsford 123 is currently available on 4oD. I agree with you about Colin's Sandwich - I'd love to see that again.

2point4 Children. This was a huge part of growing up in the 90s and, though it looks a bit dated, it's still a funnier and more down to earth show than My Family has ever been. I mean, we get repeats of so many 70s shows, what's wrong with a classic 90s one? I also wouldn't mind The Golden Girls getting another repeat, as it was a very funny show at its best. Likewise Susan Harris' SOAP was great, and Paramount Comedy showed it a few years back. Would love to see it again!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just been watching Chance in a Million on dvd , haven't seen it since it was on .

I've been thinking of looking for others - sitoms that were popular but haven't been on in ages .

Brittas Empire is another .

what would you pick ?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've seen The Brittas Empire being aired on GOLD very recently.
  • kopite77kopite77 Posts: 1,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'd love to see Colin's Sandwich released on DVD, I've got it copied to DVD from tape, but the quality isn't the best!:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    Men Behaving Badly