Options

New go compare ad?

Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
Forum Member
I just saw a go compare ad, its the one with the three pigs but it zooms out to a woman watching the ad on tv and crushing a biscuit in anger and then the date 2nd of July appears.

Is go compare gonna die!?

Comments

• Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to a google search Gio signed an extra one year deal with Go Compare in June 2011. So maybe it is the end now.
  • Options
    VirginMediaPhilVirginMediaPhil Posts: 2,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, they have been recycling some of the old ones like the coffee house ad, and the black and white old movie style one.

I remember a time when I thought the previous ad (the one with the people shrunken digitally) would last for eternity, it was on for that long

EDIT: Go Compare have uploaded the ad to YouTube in a ridiculous aspect ratio http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynr9gCd1bSA
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    According to a google search Gio signed an extra one year deal with Go Compare in June 2011. So maybe it is the end now.

I hope it's the end too.
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are lots of billboards around with fake graffiti applied insulting the current character. So it looks like completely new adverts may start soon.
  • Options
    steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »

I wish the guy would just sod off and do something else or doesnt he understand the whole of the planet hates the advert.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    steven1977 wrote: »
    I wish the guy would just sod off and do something else or doesnt he understand the whole of the planet hates the advert.

Probably, but being paid royalties each time it's on has most likely consoled him!
  • Options
    CyrilTheWaspCyrilTheWasp Posts: 2,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My tv or radio goes off whenever I hear this annoying ad.Don't that realise it is driving viewers to insanity and making tv a no go area.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely the advertisers would know the advert is dispised.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    Probably, but all they care about is brand awareness. The fact is good or bad, you'll always remember Go Compare because of the opera singer adverts which means they're doing their job!
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    please believe when I say how much I hate these adverts but, the adverts is there to make you aware of the brand gocompare and it does the job. It gets people talking, most poeple have seen one of these adverts and most people do detest them! having said that maybe they will kill of Gio and do something new, the adverts have been going a while now
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that adverts themselves are now being advertised and hyped up makes me think we've gone as low as we can go. :(
  • Options
    LarocLaroc Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am very aware of Go Compare but I would never use them because the adverts have irritated me too much.
  • Options
    Kazz_xKazz_x Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen the desert island advert, which also then switches to someone losing their temper and being unable to change the channel. The date 2nd July popped up there too.
  • Options
    rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    I'm actually quite excited now. :o

It'll probably end up being a huge disappointment though. Maybe the They're Gonna Taste Great kid will start advertising them. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Along with Cara Confused has to be one of the most contrived names attached to an ad character ever - Gio Compario indeed !:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RayRidley wrote: »
    Along with Cara Confused has to be one of the most contrived names attached to an ad character ever - Gio Compario indeed !:rolleyes:

LMAO

I hope Gio takes Cara with him when it's time for him to leave.I can't stand either of them.I sometimes wonder which character/advert is worse, but I just give up and call it a "draw".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RayRidley wrote: »

I can deal with Gio more than Cara. What is it with those Confused.com adverts and people's boobs??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can deal with Gio more than Cara. What is it with those Confused.com adverts and people's boobs??

This, and why's Cara practically bald? Have they also forgotten that they can parody other songs, not just YMCA?
  • Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laroc wrote: »
    I am very aware of Go Compare but I would never use them because the adverts have irritated me too much.

Same here an absolutely obnoxious advert and character, the only thing is to mute him but I wish he would be muted permanently, or the very least restricted to Welsh TV where they may enjoy his singing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caxton wrote: »
    Same here an absolutely obnoxious advert and character, the only thing is to mute him but I wish he would be muted permanently, or the very least restricted to Welsh TV where they may enjoy his singing.

He shouldn't be allowed on TV, for humanity's sake. I bet someone could go insane if they were locked in a room with a TV that aired nothing but the Go Compare ads.
  • Options
    CyrilTheWaspCyrilTheWasp Posts: 2,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those Money Supermarket ads are just as bad .I wouldn't even contemplate having anything to do with them or Go Compare on account of their ads being so irritating and dire.Don't the top big wigs who run these companies, still not understand the meaning of public perception ?
  • Options
    CUP OF TEAAA!CUP OF TEAAA! Posts: 4,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw a billboard today with graffiti on it, it was hilarious! Now I find out that it wasnt even real?! That billboard was the funniest part of my day! :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    He shouldn't be allowed on TV, for humanity's sake. I bet someone could go insane if they were locked in a room with a TV that aired nothing but the Go Compare ads.

Plenty of people have said they want to be locked in a room with him for 5 minutes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steven1977 wrote: »
    Plenty of people have said they want to be locked in a room with him for 5 minutes.

5 minutes with him would be no problem, I'd gladly volunteer to help...erm, "solve"...this problem for the rest of you :D
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please dont get me started on cara confused!!!

Her and Gio can p*ss off!!