Luisa's comment about Liz's deafness...

iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
Forum Member
'It's like being with Liz', referring to Lionel not being able to hear the alarm clocks :o.

Step too far?

Comments

• Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes it was nasty.
  • lkherelkhere Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iMatt_101 wrote: »
    'It's like being with Liz', referring to Lionel not being able to hear the alarm clocks :o.

Step too far?

nah not really it's just an off cuff comment tbh (and i don't have great hearing myself)
  • SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was she being deafist? :p
  • pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All she did was point out the fact that Liz is partially deaf?:confused:
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was just stating a fact.....jeez, some people are way to sensitive (on behalf of other people who likely wouldn't give a f*ck)
  • lkherelkhere Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjh8 wrote: »
    All she did was point out the fact that Liz is partially deaf?:confused:

Exactly why does everyone make a big deal out of every action or word said??
  • SonicmfcSonicmfc Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you thought that was nasty some bugger from ofcom just put down the phone on me after trying to make a complaint about Luisa being a deafist!! >:(>:(
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. It was hilarious. That entire segment was the best BB has been for a long time.
  • jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pices-55 wrote: »
    Yes it was nasty.

She IS nasty. Really hoping she will go on Wednesday - her odds to go are shortening now and hopefully will shorten further after tonight's show.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. Don't like Luisa but there was no offence intended.
  • iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    But it's as if she's singling Liz out in some respects for her disability. It's as if Luisa was in the room with a black HM, and said 'It's like being with [Insert other black HM]'. It's the same concept.

I understand there was no offence intended, but it was still quite a stupid thing to say.
  • redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    her comment was no worse than Liz saying Jasmine's beauty wants to make her kill herself
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. Don't like Luisa but there was no offence intended.

Most of what comes out of her mouth is intended for some effect or other, on this occasion it was ''Oh for Fk sake its like being with Liz'' that was derogatory and offensive.She really is a very unpleasant woman.
  • peterstonepeterstone Posts: 5,160
    Forum Member
    She was just stating a fact.....jeez, some people are way to sensitive (on behalf of other people who likely wouldn't give a f*ck)

Liz wouldnt have been able to hear it to give a f anyway
  • Ashfield22121Ashfield22121 Posts: 2,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really?

I thought it was hilariously off the cuff. :D
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    You know, that's why I could never be a BB housemate.

I make throwaway comments intended to be funny but would cause people to be apoplectic with outrage on the outside.

I think she was just trying to be funny.
    Forum Member
    redcherry wrote: »
    her comment was no worse than Liz saying Jasmine's beauty wants to make her kill herself
    Being beautiful is a good thing and she didn't know her dad killed himself.

Being deaf is hardly as wonderful as being beautiful is it?
    Forum Member
    peterstone wrote: »
    Liz wouldnt have been able to hear it to give a f anyway
    Really?

I thought it was hilariously off the cuff. :D
    Very ignorant things to say.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I make throwaway comments intended to be funny but would cause people to be apoplectic with outrage on the outside.

I am just not convinced there is anything funny about Liz's hearing disability.
    Forum Member

She definitely spoke to quickly, but I think she should have the common sense to know making some sort of a joke about someone's disability is going too far.
    Forum Member
    This.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member

In fairness, I'm not saying it is funny, I'm just applying context.

Unless we're a puritan, we all say things that are slightly bad taste sometimes in the hope of getting a laugh.

It's just human nature. Look how popular videos of people falling over on YouTube are.

Liz also made the suicide comment yesterday, so she's hardly likely to complain about someone else making a thoughtless comment.

All of this "professionally offended" business is what made BB so careful and joyless during it's final C4 years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretty sure liz would have found it funny

Some folk need to get off their high horse, its like those who get offended on others behalf's, yet the 'offended' isnt actually offended
    Forum Member
    What I find bad is that if she said that comment about a black person [The example I gave in an earlier post], she would be slated on here, warned by BB and 100% evicted on Wednesday.

So why isn't it the same since she said it about a deaf person which is a much worse thing to make fun of than a black person.
    Forum Member
    Pretty sure liz would have found it funny

Some folk need to get off their high horse, its like those who get offended on others behalf's, yet the 'offended' isnt actually offended
    She's deaf. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAA. [Roll eyes].