Johnnie Carter the simpering little coward.

TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Man up for God's sake, son. Who the f#ck lets a woman get beaten to a pulp like that?

Comments

• EEforestEEforest Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such a horrible attitude to have, He'd just have got beaten up himself. The two men were a lot bigger than him, they'd have both have just ended up unconscious and nobody around to call an ambulance..
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He would of been beaten to a pulp himself if he had helped Sharon. Best one person badly hurt than two.
  • TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last year I was having a pint in the local when I seen a guy with a stick who was outside having a smoke being accosted by a junkie. Like most normal people I ran out and chased the ratbag off. What's wrong with doing the right thing?
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TrebleKing wrote: »
    Last year I was having a pint in the local when I seen a guy with a stick who was outside having a smoke being accosted by a junkie. Like most normal people I ran out and chased the ratbag off. What's wrong with doing the right thing?

Phil, is that you? :p
  • Neu IntentionNeu Intention Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Treble leave Johnny alone. He's a good hearted man who wanted to help Sharon but got entrapped in his own fear. He was shaken up and from my point of view he's done nothing wrong. All I was thinking was that he could really do with a big hug.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know he is very popular on here and the actor seems like a nice guy.

I don't think he is a great actor though
  • AnthonyLAnthonyL Posts: 432
    Forum Member
    As much as I don't like what Johnny did (or didn't do), a lot of people would react the same way. Fear is a powerful thing.
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks up to Sharon and yet let's her take a beating. Wuss.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He should have called the police when he heard the sounds of breaking glass
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of the attitudes about this are rather scary.

Fear is a very powerful thing.
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    Don't be so horrible to Jonny.

I think he needs one of my special cuddles.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nick202 wrote: »
    Don't be so horrible to Jonny.

I think he needs one of my special cuddles.

I'd give him a "special cuddle" anytime!!

;-):D:D:D:D:D:D
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,223
    Forum Member
    TrebleKing wrote: »
    Man up for God's sake, son. Who the f#ck lets a woman get beaten to a pulp like that?

Easy to say hiding behind a computer screen. I'm not certain you would have reacted any difference.

Just because Johnny didn't go and get his head kicked in it doesn't make him a coward. He got help for Sharon, that was the most important thing he could do for her. Johnny is clearly the innocent one in this, Phil is the one to blame.
    Forum Member
    Looks up to Sharon and yet let's her take a beating. Wuss.

I'm sorry JoP but I have to disagree with you. Johnny was in a serious situation, he didn't know who those guys were, they were armed and were clearly dangerous. Johnny could have been on the slab next to Sharon, then would they both be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Easy to say hiding behind a computer screen. I'm not certain you would have reacted any difference.

Just because Johnny didn't go and get his head kicked in it doesn't make him a coward. He got help for Sharon, that was the most important thing he could do for her. Johnny is clearly the innocent one in this, Phil is the one to blame.

Can't believe I am saying this but I fully agree with you! :D
  • Amazee-DayzeeAmazee-Dayzee Posts: 1,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon's attack didn't look that bad? It only looked like she was shoved and she fell and hit her head. Unless they continued to beat her up after she was unconscious?
    Forum Member
    Can't believe I am saying this but I fully agree with you! :D

Erm do you not normally agree with me then?

I do talk sense sometimes you know :D
  • firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't disagree with what he did but I don't get why he's reacting so crazy afterwards. Like the attack was quick its perfectly plausible that he'd be upstairs and by the time he got down they'd done a runner.
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry JoP but I have to disagree with you. Johnny was in a serious situation, he didn't know who those guys were, they were armed and were clearly dangerous. Johnny could have been on the slab next to Sharon, then would they both be.

That's fine to disagree, makes the world a beautiful and interesting place, and I honestly do understand where you're coming from but my own personal point of view in regards to a similar but different situation that arose in my life and tested the old fight or flight mode within us all: my fight mode kicked in. So while I understand that and what people say, part of me doesn't get it. Even Sharon who has been involved in a siege instinct kicked in to fight and she was in the thick of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Erm do you not normally agree with me then?

I do talk sense sometimes you know :D

Not particularly but on this I absolutely do! Woohoo. :D
    Forum Member
    Not particularly but on this I absolutely do! Woohoo. :D

Yay for you :D
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    In the actual situation I imagine many people would do what Johnny did (or really, what he didn't do I should say)
    Forum Member
    That's fine to disagree, makes the world a beautiful and interesting place, and I honestly do understand where you're coming from but my own personal point of view in regards to a similar but different situation that arose in my life and tested the old fight or flight mode within us all: my fight mode kicked in. So while I understand that and what people say, part of me doesn't get it. Even Sharon who has been involved in a siege instinct kicked in to fight and she was in the thick of it.

And you went with your instincts in that situation which is fine. It's not like you or Johnny had time to assess the situation, you just did instantly what you thought was right. The same goes for Johnny. Unless you've actually been in that situation, like you have, you will not know how you react. That doesn't make Johnny a coward though, he did the right thing for him. Johnny clearly wishes he did more for Sharon, that in my view makes him a good person. Not a coward. If Johnny hadn't given a damn about Sharon, then I would agree that he was acting cowardly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Why is Johnny so hard to spell correctly?
  • doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    Sharon's attack didn't look that bad? It only looked like she was shoved and she fell and hit her head. Unless they continued to beat her up after she was unconscious?

I think after she fell, the scene switched to Johnny coweriug upstairs, while noises of the violence continued downstairs.

For Sharon's spleen to be damaged she was probably kicked hard several times while she was lying on the floor.

Doesn't Johnny keep his phone in his coat? He could have phoned for help surely? They were making so much noise they wouldn't have heard him..