The Alanis Morissette Appreciation thread!

2»

Comments

• crazymonkcrazymonk Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok can we drop this JLP being her peak yadayada please, it's getting tiresome and I don't agree, I think alot of people think that because of nostalgia or something! It's a great album but she's released loads of great stuff since then that deserves to be discussed! What do people think of the song 'Tapes'? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crazymonk wrote: »
    Ok can we drop this JLP being her peak yadayada please, it's getting tiresome and I don't agree, I think alot of people think that because of nostalgia or something! It's a great album but she's released loads of great stuff since then that deserves to be discussed! What do people think of the song 'Tapes'? :)

I doubt your get people to drop JLP talk as without doubt it contains her best work, its also one of the greatest albums of all time by a female artist.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its also one of the greatest albums of all time by a female artist.:)

I agree, I just feel there's alot more to her! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    After reading this thread I bought 'Jagged Little Pill' on iTunes and boy am I happy I did. I've listened to it all day.

'Forgiven' is just.......there are no words to describe it.

'Your house' is haunting and shows you don't need instruments to make a good song, all you need is a voice and lyrics.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr.Mustard wrote: »
    After reading this thread I bought 'Jagged Little Pill' on iTunes and boy am I happy I did. I've listened to it all day.

Your the first person i know that didn't have JLP;) pleased you enjoyed it, and yes what a voice she has.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    I doubt your get people to drop JLP talk as without doubt it contains her best work, its also one of the greatest albums of all time by any artist.:)

Fixed it for you. :)
    Mr.Mustard wrote: »

'Forgiven' is just.......there are no words to describe it.

'Your house' is haunting and shows you don't need instruments to make a good song, all you need is a voice and lyrics.

Be sure to check out the acoustic versions of the songs. The originals are generally still superior, but the acoustic Forgiven is even better, IMO.

Anyways, some classic Alanis for ya... I love this performance. The only way it could be better would be the presences of Flea and Dave Navarro (who recorded their parts on the original album track).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR6mEu5-egA

Green lipstick FTW. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently she is in the studio!! Maybe next year sometime for the new album? Excited!! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt your get people to drop JLP talk as without doubt it contains her best work, its also one of the greatest albums of all time by a female artist.:)

This is a rare time when me and you will be agreeing on something music related.

I adore JLP, it's my fav alanis album but I do love material that came after but JLP is her best to me.