The Ronan Parke Appreciation Thread

HMOHMO Posts: 42,128
Forum Member
There doesn't seem to be a single active one in the entire forum, not even in the BGT forum, and his album's out in a week, and he's being featured in the press at the moment, so please keep this active.

His album, Ronan Parke, out next Monday (24th) has a 12-song tracklisting, which are as follows:

"Feeling Good"
"Forget You"
"A Thousand Miles"
"Fix You"
"Because of You"
"You Gotta Be"
"Make You Feel My Love"
"Songbird"
"We'll Rock the World"
"Stronger Than I Am"
"The Edge of Glory" (acoustic)
"Firework" (acoustic)

You may have heard the single "A Thousand Miles", the music video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcGqjZyqKBc&feature=relmfu, obviously has been criticised by many but it's a great song.

He is appearing at the following TV shows in the next week:

This Morning (Tues 18th Oct)
BBC Breakfast News (Fri 21st Oct)
Blue Peter (Mon 24th Oct)
Alan Titchmarsh (Tues 25th Oct)
OK! TV (Thurs 27th Oct)

So, your views on Ronan, the album and anything to do with what he is up to at the moment?

Edit: Sorry, wrong section, can someone move it to the 'Music Appreciation' please?

Comments

• HMOHMO Posts: 42,128
    Forum Member
    Bump

I would have thought with his album out on Monday and various TV appearances and radio interviews would keep this thread active. Even though he is 13, I would have thought that there are older fans or people who appreciate him though.

So keep this thread active.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Bump

I would have thought with his album out on Monday and various TV appearances and radio interviews would keep this thread active. Even though he is 13, I would have thought that there are older fans or people who appreciate him though.

So keep this thread active.

Not a lot of love going on in this thread Hassaan13 :confused:.................shame :rolleyes:
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    It actually got a pretty positive review in the Express today. Still won't be buying it, though.
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,128
    Forum Member
    Seemingly as the album was out this week this thread should be more active.

Anyone know where it is in the charts at the moment?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Seemingly as the album was out this week this thread should be more active.

Anyone know where it is in the charts at the moment?

#20 in the midweeks I think... he has a good voice, but I think Syco have marketed him terribly. And I don't like the 'quirky' theme they have going on the cover. Just my opinion, though!! I'm not someone who hates an artist so wish they get dropped!
    I hope those who do have it are enjoying it!! :):):)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    Not much activity because for once no one cares, just cos the media ram someone down our throats it doesn't mean we have to give a damn, unforetunatly this tatic works with most of the crap artists around at the moment but i sense this is one brat to far! ;)
  • DomestiquesDomestiques Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a little boy, who is his target market? The songs indicate an aor type feel and I cant see that market wanting to buy an album by a little boy.
  • floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    Not much activity because for once no one cares, just cos the media ram someone down our throats it doesn't mean we have to give a damn, unforetunatly this tatic works with most of the crap artists around at the moment but i sense this is one brat to far!

Oooh, a bit harshly put but probably an accurate assessment. ;)

I think the problem with this guy is his album is nearly all covers so it's just a karaoke debut album. It worked for Susan Boyle so he may have similar chart success but in my opinion genuine singers - those with some integrity - don't release cover albums straight away. Cowell is going the cynical route with this singer. Forget You - by Cee Lo Green was a hit a year ago and now it's a cover on this album!
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Like Domestiques, I genuinely could never see what fan base he would attract. Seems like the sales he's getting are re-inforcing that view.
  • floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    There be a bit of reality tv fatigue too. Ronan Parke is another reality tv star and he wants people to buy his product.

I wonder if there will come a point when the public will get fed up with people on reality tv and become less interested in their albums, singles or whatever it is they're trying to market. It will be interesting to see if this years Britain's Got Talent winner, Jai McDowall, will have a successful album or will people go "I forgot about this guy, he's boring" and not care much about him. If Jai McDowall leaves it too long before releasing material I suspect people will forget about him.
  • suchavictimsuchavictim Posts: 887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I gave one of his songs a listen and to be honest I'm not surprised his album is tanking. His cover of 'A Thousand Miles' is horrible, it's literally horrifically bad to the point I had to turn it off, Vanessa Carlton who wrote and sang the original should sue.

I hope this is the last we see of him.