cat thief

workhorseworkhorse Posts: 2,836
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My cat brings home socks and pants sometimes with pegs still attached.is this unusual?

Comments

• RickWhiteRickWhite Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who knows, you're not going to have the car put down so accept the loving gifts and wear the socks
  • workhorseworkhorse Posts: 2,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RickWhite wrote: »
    Who knows, you're not going to have the car put down so accept the loving gifts and wear the socks

there odd socks and I won't wear someones pants.i keep asking her to bring me cash but no luck.she also brings home pretty leaves.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The cat is stealing those knickers for you
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The cat is stealing those knickers for you

I think she for whatever reason likes these objects.our postman must think we are weird leaving underwear outside.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your postman may think its a mating call?
  • Mitten KittenMitten Kitten Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was one in the papers the other day which steals keys.
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4691531/Cat-steals-26-sets-of-keys-using-magnetic-collar.html

Maybe you should drop an apologetic note into neighbour's letter boxes and ask them to contact you if they have items missing!
  • MarellaKMarellaK Posts: 5,783
    Forum Member
    There was one in the papers the other day which steals keys.
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4691531/Cat-steals-26-sets-of-keys-using-magnetic-collar.html

Maybe you should drop an apologetic note into neighbour's letter boxes and ask them to contact you if they have items missing!

That's cute. My 3 cats wear magnets on their collars to operate the cat flap and they frequently come home with nails stuck to them, never keys thank goodness.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Aw that is wonderful. My late puss used to bring me home empty crisp and biscuit packets and sweetie wrappers. Strangely enough he never brought me home a bird or a mouse, thankfully.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    My kitten constantly brings me socks from the clothes horse, they are going to be going outside soon, dreading to think what pressies I get!
  • Kay2000Kay2000 Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not odd at all, my neighbours comes in our house and as stolen my cats toys, my sons school tie, even after finding them in my neighbours garden she was reluctant to believe me, until she came home and found strange slippers on her staircase, which just happened to be mine :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your postman may think its a mating call?

ha ha that image of the postie getting ideas is so funny.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kay2000 wrote: »
    Not odd at all, my neighbours comes in our house and as stolen my cats toys, my sons school tie, even after finding them in my neighbours garden she was reluctant to believe me, until she came home and found strange slippers on her staircase, which just happened to be mine :D

is it your neighbours or their cat ha ha.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    avasgranny wrote: »
    Aw that is wonderful. My late puss used to bring me home empty crisp and biscuit packets and sweetie wrappers. Strangely enough he never brought me home a bird or a mouse, thankfully.

some nights I wake to the sound of a poor mouse in my bedroom ,having been brought in by some of the cats the call goes up for the other cats to come and see.they let the youngest cat have it.i know its nature but I feel sorry for the mouse.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My kitten constantly brings me socks from the clothes horse, they are going to be going outside soon, dreading to think what pressies I get!

during the day they can bring birds in,usually dead but a few times I've managed to rescue the bird .i imagine the bird can't believe its luck one minute surrounded by cats then freed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MarellaK wrote: »
    That's cute. My 3 cats wear magnets on their collars to operate the cat flap and they frequently come home with nails stuck to them, never keys thank goodness.

that link was interesting.that cat must have some nerve going inside homes.out of my four cats only one steals,the eldest boss cat.