Lewis - New Series

Comments

• holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    malcy30 wrote: »
    Reading elsewhere Whatley wanted the ending left open in case he does specials but ITV wanted it given a wrap up and closure this year in case there are no more.

Does anyone else think they could
    have him marry the pathologist ? And retire. If there are more its to come out of retirement to solve one last case and so on

Yes - that could be fun or maybe they could introduce a female sidekick for Lewis?
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Reading elsewhere Whatley wanted the ending left open in case he does specials but ITV wanted it given a wrap up and closure this year in case there are no more.

Does anyone else think they could
    have him marry the pathologist ? And retire. If there are more its to come out of retirement to solve one last case and so on

Well Robbie and Laura do finally get together in this series. Presumably as it ends, leaving them to their happy ending together. :)

I love Kevin's comment that Clare (Laura) was sick of feeling like there must be something wrong with Laura cos no one ever kissed her! lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Fox wearing a wig or has he had a hair transplant?

"Just because I'm uncomfortable with it doesn't make it wrong"

So true.
  • chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV treat shows like Lewis,midsomer etc like cr*p! what good is it waiting a week to see the conclusion of a story? if they showed the next part the night after thats not too bad as it would be still fresh in your memory. But waiting a week is ridiculous
  • malcy30malcy30 Posts: 7,028
    Forum Member
    ITV treat shows like Lewis,midsomer etc like cr*p! what good is it waiting a week to see the conclusion of a story? if they showed the next part the night after thats not too bad as it would be still fresh in your memory. But waiting a week is ridiculous

As others have said I will be recording. Then just watching these in pairs so see the whole story. But no adverts and value to ITV as can just jump the adverts with my Humax.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    loving the tarot reader and quadruple cat killer:

It's Frank, Frank McLean!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As others have said I will be recording. Then just watching these in pairs so see the whole story. But no adverts and value to ITV as can just jump the adverts with my Humax.

Ill buy the boxset when it comes out. Least ill be able to watch them properly with no interruptions
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Intriguing cliffhanger - I'll be watching next week!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Colin Dexter walking with a stick in the museum. I think he's been an extra in all the Morse's and Lewis's and even Endeavour.
    Forum Member
    Is Fox wearing a wig or has he had a hair transplant?

"Just because I'm uncomfortable with it doesn't make it wrong"

So true.

Neither. His hair's just grown like that by the look ot it.

I was enjoying that when it ended abruptly! It's not the same cut into two.
    Forum Member
    Colin Dexter walking with a stick in the museum. I think he's been an extra in all the Morse's and Lewis's and even Endeavour.

When we were first in the Musuem, I couldn't help thinking of the episode New tricks did some filming in there! :D
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lewis's first words to Hathaway are when they are in the latter's car, where he complains about the monotonous repetitive religious music on his car's CD.

This was immediately after I'd had to endure at least three and a half minutes of Barrington Phelong's monotonous background music during the opening credits, which seemed little more than the same four long notes played repetitively.

"What were the chances of that happening?"

Fortunately, there were times when there was no background music, I quite enjoyed those.
  • clara28clara28 Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Lewis doesn't end up with the nice pathologist lady I'll . . . . . . . . stamp my feet!
  • catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had to laugh at the "Psychology Department" building - nothing like the real thing!

http://oscci.psy.ox.ac.uk/images-and-docs/Experimentalpsychbuilding.jpg/image_preview
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He's been in nearly all of them but not all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know I'm being horribly superficial but Fox has lost that sweet bloom of youth and seems to be going through the motions tonight or maybe I just don't fancy him any more lol

Laurence Fox has absolutely made the series for me - Hathaway has been one of my favourite TV characters in a while - really well played and enigmatic.
    I can't speak for last night's episode because like others, I'm recording and watching the 2 parter back to back, but I felt in the last series that the writers sort of lost who Hathaway was supposed to be to some extent, and also that Fox was already preparing to sign off from the role; Not that he was suddenly awful to watch, but just that he was maybe a tiny bit jaded.

That said, I'm not really looking forward to the episode where he doesn't feature, and I hope somewhere down the line, Lewis and Hathaway are reunited on screen again - maybe after a few years break - I'll miss them!
  • Lindsey TLindsey T Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    I'm hoping you guys can help me out here, this driving me insane - who is the actress who played Polly's mum ???? I know I know her, and well, but just can't get it !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lindsey T wrote: »
    I'm hoping you guys can help me out here, this driving me insane - who is the actress who played Polly's mum ???? I know I know her, and well, but just can't get it !

She'll be in the credits, if you can remember her character's surname (I can't) as it won't be the same as Polly's.

Digressing.

I noticed Leslie Vickerage had a "bit part" as Mrs Dutta in this episode. She was "high profile" at one time, (female lead in "Between the Lines") so I think we might be seeing more of her in part 2.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Emily Joyce
  • catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It was Emily Joyce who used to be in "My Hero" among many other things:
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0431521/

(Her character didn't have the same surname as Polly, because Polly had her husband's surname.)
  • Lindsey TLindsey T Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Thanks Everyone !!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    catsitter wrote: »
    It was Emily Joyce who used to be in "My Hero" among many other things:
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0431521/

(Her character didn't have the same surname as Polly, because Polly had her husband's surname.)

Yes I did explain that earlier.
  • The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And yet the viewing figures are 1m up on the start of the last series......
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member

doesn't mean it was the right decision though - just a way for ITV to milk it and keep the audience for 6 weeks instead of three...
    The stories work better in one long block in my opinion
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

To be fair the schedules have mostly been pretty crap lately and for most there wasn't an drama alternative, except maybe the new series of "Revenge" which started on E4, which I find more entertaining, though I did record it and watched it later.