Alesha Dixon presenting Lorraine

shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
Forum Member
Anyone watching? She's not doing too bad. I always like hearing her cackling away when she laughs!

Comments

• shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    Spoke too soon! She didn't handle the live link to Emmerdale going down very well!
  • jenailsajenailsa Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She seemed very nice and was very enthusiastic about it all but her cackllng did begin to irritate me a bit. She needs to stop that.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like many people given jobs presenting, it's often who they are, rather than how well they do. If people will watch, then it won't be perceived as a problem.
    How did she compare with Caroline Quentin?
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,576
    Forum Member
    A little too hyper for my liking,
  • Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love her cackling, I think she did a great job today. She always comes across, to me, as a very likable person.
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    Like many people given jobs presenting, it's often who they are, rather than how well they do. If people will watch, then it won't be perceived as a problem.
    How did she compare with Caroline Quentin?

I never saw Caroline Quentin doing it - I'd imagine she'd be better given her experience - she could always treat it as an acting role!

Alesha was unlucky with the technical problems this morning - she was thrown in at the deep end!
  • teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reaction I've seen on Twitter seems favourable:)

I think her bubbly style to start the weekend is preferable to Kate Garraway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought she did OK. Not sure I could put up with that laugh too often but she seemed relaxed in her manner and, in turn, everyone else seemed relaxed too. Far better than Lorraine or Kate imo.
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh what a surprise Lorraine not presenting her own show again, probably off holding her daughter's hand to cross the road.
  • teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazza89 wrote: »
    Oh what a surprise Lorraine not presenting her own show again, probably off holding her daughter's hand to cross the road.

She never presents on Fridays. I don't know why people make such a deal of this though, she regularly presents Daybreak and Lorraine four days a week.

Why is little made of Susanna Reid only presenting 3 mornings a week on the Beeb?
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holly and Phil only do four days a week for This Morning too.
  • CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    teeswolf wrote: »
    She never presents on Fridays. I don't know why people make such a deal of this though, she regularly presents Daybreak and Lorraine four days a week.

Why is little made of Susanna Reid only presenting 3 mornings a week on the Beeb?

Because Susanna has other gigs, she helps write for the Andre w Marr show also and sometimes she presents.

She doesn't go on "wee vaaacaaations" all the time like Aunty Lorraine.
  • Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why though?

They had Fospero between 6-7 who has often done Lorraine and Singh (who normally does the 6-7 shift) did the 7-8.30 portion.

Why the need for 3 presenters? Why not either bring Fospero back for Lorraine, or have Singh do 6-8.30 and then use Fospero just for Lorraine.
  • tinkerbell987tinkerbell987 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i thought Alesha was quite good up until she started the cooking segment where she was constantly laughing. apart from that good.
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I caught a bit of Daybreak from roughly 6.30-7.30am and the whole show was preferable to how it usually is. Matt & Helen were great on the newshour as usual, and Ranvir did a good job on the main show too.

Yet here ITV are stuck in the same cycle of 'employ someone and have Kate Garraway as the stand in' which they've done for the past 10 years. Don't get me wrong, Kate does a good job, but todays programme felt more like a modern news programme and less like a throwback to 1987.
  • SpencerLeveySpencerLevey Posts: 1,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well because the show is called Lorraine?
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The reaction on twitter wasn't favourable really. I think she is better as a judge or a dancer, rather than a presenter. She has the same level of presenting skills as her co-judge on BGT, Amanda.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    did she do that mutley laugh?
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    did she do that mutley laugh?

Apparently so
  • PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    I would like anyone better than Lorraine and her sickly sweet presenting
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like anyone better than Lorraine and her sickly sweet presenting

lorraine has become carole smiley smiley
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazza89 wrote: »

It's again a case of too many presenters, a problem which was created by GMTV having 5 different presenters covering a 3 and half hour peridod, something that Daybreak done well to start with, having just three.

Daybreak cleared out all the deadwood of GMTV, now it's back.

You can also say the same that four presenters on Breakfast cannot manage to cover 7 days between them.
  • ChickenWingsChickenWings Posts: 2,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I swear the only person in the entire land of showbiz and entertainment who doesn't present this show at one point or another is Lorraine Kelly herself :o:confused: :eek: :p
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is it even called Lorraine? Lorraine doesn't even bother to turn up for her own show any more!
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    Why is it even called Lorraine? Lorraine doesn't even bother to turn up for her own show any more!

She presents as often as Phil & Holly do This Morning, but because that isn't called The Phil & Holly Show, you don't notice when they're off.

I can't remember her doing Fridays, even back in the GMTV days when it was called Lorraine Live or LK Today etc. They just never used to broadcast it when she wasn't on.