Michael McIntyre chat show renewed

shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
Forum Member
Well I didn't think we'd be seeing this!

Thought the Goggleboxers summed it up pretty well and it would be a one series only show.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a564383/the-michael-mcintyre-chat-show-renewed-for-second-series-by-bbc-one.html

Comments

• carnoch04carnoch04 Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it improved week by week and deserves another run.
  • LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't as bad as all that. People have a tendency to exaggerate things... especially when it come to McIntyre.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,451
    Forum Member
    I thought it was fine, what else did people expect?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was fine, what else did people expect?

Actual questions of some import?

A talk show host should do a few things: establish rapport with the guest, get the audience interested, promote the guest and their product and hopefully provide some insight into them along the way.

I don't care what celebs have other celebs in their phone book. I don't care who they both know or how they both met them.

The Nigella situation was a perfect storm that turned into a storm in a teacup when McIntyre could have really nailed it on and established himself as a decent talk show host.

If he wants to be funny, he has his stand up. If he wants to have a joke with a celebrity he is friendly with, he can invite them to Live At The Apollo or McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow for a bit of banter or a skit.

If he wants to try his hand at being a talk show host interviewing other celebrities, asking questions of interest would be a start. "You look marvellous. Do you hear that all the time?" and asking the same bloody questions Allan Carr asked of the same bloody person on a program based on the exact same format... might as well have caught a Chatty Man rerun.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,451
    Forum Member
    Actual questions of some import?

A talk show host should do a few things: establish rapport with the guest, get the audience interested, promote the guest and their product and hopefully provide some insight into them along the way.

I don't care what celebs have other celebs in their phone book. I don't care who they both know or how they both met them.

The Nigella situation was a perfect storm that turned into a storm in a teacup when McIntyre could have really nailed it on and established himself as a decent talk show host.

If he wants to be funny, he has his stand up. If he wants to have a joke with a celebrity he is friendly with, he can invite them to Live At The Apollo or McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow for a bit of banter or a skit.

If he wants to try his hand at being a talk show host interviewing other celebrities, asking questions of interest would be a start. "You look marvellous. Do you hear that all the time?" and asking the same bloody questions Allan Carr asked of the same bloody person on a program based on the exact same format... might as well have caught a Chatty Man rerun.

Not a fan then?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a fan then?

You asked what was expected. You got a response of some detail. So, extrapolate that information for your own purposes, Mr. White, you're meant to be the science guy. :D
  • jammoon1jammoon1 Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    carnoch04 wrote: »
    I thought it improved week by week and deserves another run.

Me too, just please stop the shouting.