Corrie gym

13»

Comments

• edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shanders wrote: »
    Perhaps Fizz in the pool in her bikini?
    And Gail, who has to be in every scene set in the gym. They could each do lengths clockwise in 1.5 second laps. I reckon the Corrie St. SCUBA club could start using the place for courses too. Kal could instruct with Gail as his Divemaster. With both of them in the pool they could probably get a whole student in there too, fully kitted up.
  • TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just realised that all the gym scenes look like a bad Carry On film! :o
  • fayemianfayemian Posts: 3,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    A crap gym when the so called "personal trainer" owner of the place needs an inhaler after walking through Leanne's front door.

:D I noticed that too. I sound less out of breath when I finish a 10k run. And I'm a bird ;-)

Has anyone ever noticed how Gail, Eva or the random extras don't make any effort whatsoever on those machines? Especially the cross trainer, they just seem to bimble about on it like they've the whole day in front of them. You'd burn off more calories getting changed into your gym gear (especially Eva with the effort she must make getting into that Lycra ;-) )
  • Absolute RotterAbsolute Rotter Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally unconvincing
  • justatechjustatech Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just catching up on yesterday's Corrie. How ridiculous is that gym?!! How many gyms do you know where you walk in off the street and the machines and workout area are right opposite reception for all to see?!
    Bring back Acorn Antiques' Gym and Leisure Centre!!

It's exactly the same as the one on Neighbours! I guess as they borrow the storylines from there, they might as well start borrowing the sets as well!

I'm just waiting for the Commonwealth games athlete to appear who tragically loses the capacity to do whatever sport because of a tragic accident and then spends the next six months wailing about it and blaming everyone except themselves.

I agree that gym fees are a lot less oop north1 One was advertising recetnly in my area that they had a five pound per month offer..
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kalories must be raking in those Gym fees what with the whole of Corrie turning into sudden gym bunnies! Where are the changing rooms/toilets/showers supposed to be? There can't possibly be room. I presume everyone is expected to get changed in the huge reception area. :D
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    Kalories must be raking in those Gym fees what with the whole of Corrie turning into sudden gym bunnies! Where are the changing rooms/toilets/showers supposed to be? There can't possibly be room. I presume everyone is expected to get changed in the huge reception area. :D

It's alright, folk in the Corrie-World bubble live close enough that they can just have a shower and get changed at home ;)
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There's no shower, they opted for a decent sized sink in the loos instead.
  • edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kiviraat wrote: »
    It's alright, folk in the Corrie-World bubble live close enough that they can just have a shower and get changed at home ;)
    I don't think they have any showers. Steve went straight home after his session and slumped on the Rovers sofa still dripping with sweat, and I'm certain we've seen Nick go into the bistro straight after a workout (as usual without any thought for his customers of course).
  • ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    Kirk Angel wrote: »
    Every scene in the gym I always think....dopey Jason Grimshaw did all THAT?!
    With no help either! He's a remarkable builder that Jason!
    Surprised we haven't seen him with his top off sweating down the gym yet. I thought he got free membership for building it.

I assume Jason just did the interior, as the exterior was probably already in place.
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    That extra on the treadmill was really going for it!
  • Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    That extra on the treadmill was really going for it!

Haha! :D I noticed that too but how bored she must have been just facing the frosted window.
  • Absolute RotterAbsolute Rotter Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I noticed that Maddie didn't have a shower either. Not that she had been to the gym.
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    A ramp down into the workout area? Jason didn't do a good job Health and Safety-wise.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Weren't there more gym workers than customers tonight? Once you get three or four of them in there, then there's no actual room for gym goers! :D
  • fayemianfayemian Posts: 3,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    waaaahhhh, just watching tonight's...no wonder Kal is hardly toned. his kettlebell technique was shocking :D
  • PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,127
    Forum Member
    I noticed that Maddie didn't have a shower either. Not that she had been to the gym.
    A bit off this thread really but have to say that Maddie never looks clean anyway!
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They're pretty obviously behind the doors with the big "M" and "F" on
    http://i.imgur.com/wKQ18jV.png

We obviously don't see the whole gym since its floorspace is the whole ground floor of this building
    http://i.imgur.com/XbFMUId.png

The reason why they dont show the rest of it is because that'd just be a waste of studio floorspace, that could be used for something else.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're pretty obviously behind the doors with the big "M" and "F" on
    http://i.imgur.com/wKQ18jV.png

We obviously don't see the whole gym since its floorspace is the whole ground floor of this building
    http://i.imgur.com/XbFMUId.png

The reason why they dont show the rest of it is because that'd just be a waste of studio floorspace, that could be used for something else.

We'll excuse me for not noticing! :D