Panasonic tv model TX-28DTM1 frozen on add new services

shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
Forum Member
I am visiting my parents and when I turned the tv on this morning a pop up came on to say new services found. Press ok to add or exit to ignore. I pressed ok to add and it went into add new services mode which could take about 3 minutes. However it got stuck in this mode and was for over an hour. I turned the tv off and left for about 90 minutes then turned it on again, it was still stuck on the frozen add new services page! Pressing exit or menu has no effect - it won't cancel the add new services instruction. How do I get it out of this mode before I can go into the menu and turn the automatic updates function permanently off?

Comments

• me_plus_oneme_plus_one Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    press exit to ignore, then go into the menus after and turn new service message off.
  • albertdalbertd Posts: 14,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    press exit to ignore, then go into the menus after and turn new service message off.
    Apparently not possible
    shanders wrote: »
    Pressing exit or menu has no effect
  • me_plus_oneme_plus_one Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would try without the aerial in the tv, so it finds no new services. then it should go back to normal operation. then go into the menus to turn the message off.

If its completly frozen, you could go into the "installers menu" or "service menu" for that model of tv. this is at your own risk as its not for the consumer.
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member

I can't get out of the frozen page to turn new services off though.
    I phoned panasonic help desk and he advised turning it off and unplugging it then leaving unplugged for 15 mins.
    Am trying that as I have to go out now so it will be unplugged for over an hour.
    Hopefully that will cure it then I can turn the wretched updates off!
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    Update. Turning off at mains and leaving off for over an hour worked! And have now turned off the automatic updates. Phew!!!