yahoo mail password ??

drillbitdrillbit Posts: 1,687
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Yahoo mail want me to change my password ...but when i fill the form and click next ...nothing happens ?

i tried several times and the same thing, the page doesn't reload:confused:

Comments

• chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    drillbit wrote: »
    Yahoo mail want me to change my password ...but when i fill the form and click next ...nothing happens ?

i tried several times and the same thing, the page doesn't reload:confused:

I presume you verified it was actually Yahoo contacting you and have tried to change your password by logging into your account via your normal route and not any link in any e-mail you may have received? Just to be sure you are on a genuine Yahoo page and not some scammer's website pretending to be Yahoo.

I had a problem with a Yahoo password. Whatever password I tried to enter,even a 128 character randomly generated one(!), would be declared too weak :o and rejected. I could not get it to work at all.

In the end I had to resort to contacting Yahoo Customer Services. Which is a royal pain in the wotsits frankly but sometimes you have no other option. I had to start off using the Contact Us form off the Help page where you initiate the contact, there didn't appear to be any direct e-mail address on the website. I then had the fun and games of being passed round three different support people and having to explain the issue all over again. Eventually they did manage to sort it.

So be patient, or you might get lucky and the first person who contacts you might sort it immediately. :)
  • JohnbeeJohnbee Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tried for a yahoo mail account, but they don't let people who do not have a mobile phone have an email account. They say they do, and the web page claims they do, but it will not accept any applications without a mobile phone number.

My wife receives things quite a bit telling her to change her password (she has been on Yahoo for a very long time) and always ignores them.
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Yea yahoo do not let you complete the process unless you use the optional mobile phone number part (Not so optional if the system doesn't go on with out it'

I used an old phone number and then changed email providers once i had access to the account to do so
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Johnbee wrote: »
    I tried for a yahoo mail account, but they don't let people who do not have a mobile phone have an email account. They say they do, and the web page claims they do, but it will not accept any applications without a mobile phone number.

My wife receives things quite a bit telling her to change her password (she has been on Yahoo for a very long time) and always ignores them.

Do you have an alternative e-mail address? The mobile phone bit is part of the two stage verification process they use for logging on. If you provide a mobile number they will text you a unique code number to enter to complete the log-on.

They should also be able to use a second e-mail address to send the code to or a "secret question" type affair. When you log on a box pops up with an option to send the code to your mobile (or e-mail address) or answer the question.

I'm not sure if two stage verification is compulsory for new accounts but for mine it was optional. Yahoo have made quite a few changes to their systems over the last few months and it can be a pain keeping track of them all.