Hollyoaks: John Paul storyline

Comments

• Emma_HenveyEmma_Henvey Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    I wonder if Nana McQueen would be so pleased to know who JP is dating if she knew that Ste beat his GF and had been in prison and some of the nasty things that he had done

In Hollyoaks your past doesn't matter. It's one of the things that has slightly annoyed me if I'm honest.
  • ChelseaEllieChelseaEllie Posts: 16,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In Hollyoaks your past doesn't matter. It's one of the things that has slightly annoyed me if I'm honest.

I agree though I do think JP and Ste are very well matched and sweet together, I just worry that after all that JP has been though a drug taking bf who has a history of domestic violence may not be ideal for long term happiness
  • sderr123sderr123 Posts: 13,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A Huffington post article on this storyline: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/charly-lester/male-rape_b_5583035.html
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,267
    Forum Member
    I wonder if Nana McQueen would be so pleased to know who JP is dating if she knew that Ste beat his GF and had been in prison and some of the nasty things that he had done

Two words: Mercedes McQueen.
  • trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member

I think Ste has gone through a lot since then and has changed for their better. While he has had his problems with drugs, I think he's become a very caring person. His change, unlike a lot of recent characters, has been developed over time. These days on Hollyoaks characters change from episode to episode without any care about character development. Anyway, JP's not perfect either and has made plenty of mistakes himself, but I think they already show a nice understanding for each other. I do hope we see more of their relationship develop. I'm disappointed at how brief their scenes have been.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,648
    Forum Member
    Nana McQueen herself has undergone a miraculous transformation. She used to be a very nasty character. Now we're supposed to see her as the new Myra. She'll never be Myra, though.
    Forum Member
    lulu g wrote: »
    Nana McQueen herself has undergone a miraculous transformation. She used to be a very nasty character. Now we're supposed to see her as the new Myra. She'll never be Myra, though.

I agree
  • Absolute RotterAbsolute Rotter Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A relationship that i find difficult to believe would happen outside of a soap
    Forum Member
    A relationship that i find difficult to believe would happen outside of a soap

I agree and if it did, there would be some sort of build up.
  • Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    lulu g wrote: »

This type of transformation can be typical for soaps but its just bad writing and that the past doesn't matter is also unrealistic

I want the storyline to end and JP plus Ste to be happy together
    Forum Member
    Hopefully we get some JP scenes tonight but I'm not holding my breath.
  • trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    Hopefully we get some JP scenes tonight but I'm not holding my breath.

Unfortunately, I don't think we will for at least another two weeks judging how they have paced this storyline.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree and if it did, there would be some sort of build up.

So basically, this relationship is like all the current romantic relationship on Hollyoaks.

Despite the fact that Ste/JP said that they loved each other- they are actually showing people who are in the very beginning of a relationship more as a friendship that could be something more if JP put down the emotional wall he has up to protect himself. It'll be months before anything actually happens at the pace this storyline is moving.

The love you stuff was to push the storyline along and eliminate Danny. I think it was there only choice to push the storyline- which really did need a push.
    Forum Member
    sderr123 wrote: »
    So basically, this relationship is like all the current romantic relationship on Hollyoaks.

Despite the fact that Ste/JP said that they loved each other- they are actually showing people who are in the very beginning of a relationship more as a friendship that could be something more if JP put down the emotional wall he has up to protect himself. It'll be months before anything actually happens at the pace this storyline is moving.

The love you stuff was to push the storyline along and eliminate Danny. I think it was there only choice to push the storyline- which really did need a push.

I don't know why Hollyoaks couldn't have had JP confine in Ste as friends yet still building up their relationship at the same time. I don't know why they had to be 'madly in love' for JP to be able to tell him about the rape. Imo, it's far too early for JP and Ste to be declaring their love for each other as only a couple of episodes ago, JP was thinking about getting back with Danny. Although I am not surprised they have already said 'I love you' as Hollyoaks are known for it's premature 'I love you'.
    Forum Member
    trevon1 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I don't think we will for at least another two weeks judging how they have paced this storyline.

Seems like the storyline will be picked up late July/August judging by the six weeks of summer trailer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know why Hollyoaks couldn't have had JP confine in Ste as friends yet still building up their relationship at the same time. I don't know why they had to be 'madly in love' for JP to be able to tell him about the rape. Imo, it's far too early for JP and Ste to be declaring their love for each other as only a couple of episodes ago, JP was thinking about getting back with Danny. Although I am not surprised they have already said 'I love you' as Hollyoaks are known for it's premature 'I love you'.

I don't think they are madly in love at least not in the way you would normally think. I think they needed a scene where JP was thinking about having sex. But if you look at the scenes this week with how much physical distance there was between the two actors and the dialogue about whether they should be together at all its not going to be like Sonny and Carmel engaged within a month. I think with the this week ending up with holding hands and playing video games that was made pretty clear.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems like the storyline will be picked up late July/August judging by the six weeks of summer trailer.

I think next week there is going to be something about Ste wanting to get his job back at the restaurant. I am sure Ste working again at the restaurant has something to do with this storyline. Ste has to interact with Finn somehow, before we can see the scenes they showed in the trailer.
    Forum Member
    I think next week there is going to be something about Ste wanting to get his job back at the restaurant. I am sure Ste working again at the restaurant has something to do with this storyline. Ste has to interact with Finn somehow, before we can see the scenes they showed in the trailer.

Maybe that's how Ste works out Finn is the rapist. Although one thing is confusing me. Does Finn still work at the Hutch? I thought Tony fired him after he discovered he beat up Blessing. I assumed Sinead took his job. I wonder how it will play out though. I wonder how Ste will discover it's Finn.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe that's how Ste works out Finn is the rapist. Although one thing is confusing me. Does Finn still work at the Hutch? I thought Tony fired him after he discovered he beat up Blessing. I assumed Sinead took his job. I wonder how it will play out though. I wonder how Ste will discover it's Finn.

I don't know if Tony officially fired Finn. It is a family business though, so even if Tony did fire Finn, how would they actually be able to ban him from the Hutch? Also using Finn as a source of labor in a pinch would be believable too. So I think he'll probably be around Ste at the Hutch, because if JP isn't talking that's the only way he would put it together.

Blessing is going to have her operation soon, they showed that in the trailer, I would guess that would be why Finn's back at the restaurant.
    Forum Member
    I don't know if Tony officially fired Finn. It is a family business though, so even if Tony did fire Finn, how would they actually be able to ban him from the Hutch? Also using Finn as a source of labor in a pinch would be believable too. So I think he'll probably be around Ste at the Hutch, because if JP isn't talking that's the only way he would put it together.

True, it's a small village. JP and Finn are bound to bump into each other at some point. It wouldn't really make sense for Ste to work out it's Finn by just seeing Finn alone. Maybe he sees Finn and JP together or overhears a conservation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    True, it's a small village. JP and Finn are bound to bump into each other at some point. It wouldn't really make sense for Ste to work out it's Finn by just seeing Finn alone. Maybe he sees Finn and JP together or overhears a conservation.

Yeah, I really think the restaurant is the only place all three of them would ever be together. I think JP will obviously avoid Finn and I think Finn is on to other victims now. I agree I don't think just looking at Finn would be enough to tell Ste anything. As angry I was that Diane did nothing about Blessing, I do find it believable that she has no idea what he's actually done. There isn't anyone other than Robbie that could has enough information to put it all together yet.
  • ameredithameredith Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finn is in his school uniform when Ste kidnaps him. I agree though Ste wanting his job at the restaurant back could be to do with him knowing it was Finn.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ameredith wrote: »
    Finn is in his school uniform when Ste kidnaps him. I agree though Ste wanting his job at the restaurant back could be to do with him knowing it was Finn.

I think that Ste could work it out from working in the restaurant and then kidnap him on the way to school. If he was supposed to be at school then it would be a while before he was missed.
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I really think the restaurant is the only place all three of them would ever be together. I think JP will obviously avoid Finn and I think Finn is on to other victims now. I agree I don't think just looking at Finn would be enough to tell Ste anything. As angry I was that Diane did nothing about Blessing, I do find it believable that she has no idea what he's actually done. There isn't anyone other than Robbie that could has enough information to put it all together yet.

I agree, I can't really see the truth being revealed any other way than all three of them being in a scene together or Ste witnessing an encounter between JP and Finn. We know JP isn't going to tell Ste who raped him so Ste must put two and two together and work it out for himself. I wonder when Ste kidnaps Finn that Finn actually confesses to raping JP or if he just denies it. Maybe he tries to say someone else done it, Robbie maybe. He tried to suggest Robbie raped JP when he was at Sam's.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, I can't really see the truth being revealed any other way than all three of them being in a scene together or Ste witnessing an encounter between JP and Finn. We know JP isn't going to tell Ste who raped him so Ste must put two and two together and work it out for himself. I wonder when Ste kidnaps Finn that Finn actually confesses to raping JP or if he just denies it. Maybe he tries to say someone else done it, Robbie maybe. He tried to suggest Robbie raped JP when he was at Sam's.

If he does say it was Robbie I don't think Ste will believe him at this point. Because Robbie and JP have been interacting a lot and JP has no reaction to him. For someone he went jail for beating up they get along pretty well. I think Ste will believe that JP beat him up because he was stressed out over being raped... not that Robbie raped him.
This discussion has been closed.