Options

Bad neighbours

James_MonnellyJames_Monnelly Posts: 883
Forum Member
✭✭
My neighbour is a complete ass and the past has sent letters to the head vet on island claiming we never walk our dog (which is nonsense as we walk her every day and prove it by mapmywalk) and then environmental health saying we don't pick up the dogs poo every day in the garden (which we do). He is a bully and an ex bouncer but got fired for punching someone. In a fight he would probably win because bouncers will have had training in that. I haven't been in a fight since I was a kid so I know I would probably come off worse in an alteration, despite me being younger.

Normally we keep a low profile but today he approached me to say another letter had been sent to environmental health about our garden. His wife smokes outside our bathroom window and fills the flat with **** smell. Anyway I pointed this out him, I called him an idiot he said to watch my back as I don't know anything about him and I should careful who I call an idiot.

So I said I am not scared of him so he basically said "Come on, hit me." Not worth it I said as I work in a bank so I would lose my job over it. He said we could meet up somewhere and have the bout as long as neither agreed to inform the police.

Two things, one is that if I take a beating it doesn't look good in work, secondly as I don't trust him I am sure he would make it look that I attacked him. How do I make this asshole pay?

I am 36 and he in his 50s

Comments

• Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Report him to Jim Bergerac.

On a serious note though. Simply don't get involved in any form of physical altercation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Report him to Jim Bergerac.

On a serious note though. Simply don't get involved in any form of physical altercation.

Yes that is a last resort - reporting to the police again is not something I am keen on doing as it rarely gives a satisfactory result
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let him do any hitting then all you have to do is call the police.

I have a problem with my neighbour who is very like this. However, he is indian and is constantly turning altercations with anyone into a race issue.

He has a problem with everything I do and is constantly running out shouting the odds at me. I just stand there and stare at him in mild amusement while he wave his arms about shouting. He gets right in my face and threatens me, yells at me to hit him with the usual 'come on then, come on then!!' He is desperate for me to hit him.

Just keep your cool and don't engage!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    Let him do any hitting then all you have to do is call the police.

Seems sensible, anyway if I had nothing to lose I would use a 2 iron on him.
  • Options
    Rae_RooRae_Roo Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, tbh you both sound like idiots to me, talking like this to one another! I mean seriously, as grown adults... Why don't the both of you just get a measuring tape and be done with it... *sigh*
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last two paragraphs are the most ridiculous things I have ever read on ds ..

I doubt this even happened
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last two paragraphs are the most ridiculous things I have ever read on ds ..

But it did happen!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member

It does sound feasible. The OP has described the neighabour as a bully and as someone who lost their job for punching someone which gives the impression that he may be tough and as someone who takes no jokes.
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But it did happen!

so ignore him and be the bigger man

dont challenge him to a bout...
  • Options
    3Sheets2TheWind3Sheets2TheWind Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

His twitter page seems to be real, which makes me think that this is real.

I say meet the guy and slug it out.
  • Options
    spotty_catspotty_cat Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm finding it hard to believe this but if it's real then you're both being childish. (A fight indeed...). Where is that roll eyes smiley gone?!
  • Options
    MartinPickeringMartinPickering Posts: 3,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do I make this asshole pay?

The answer to this is "with great subtlety" - which obviously excludes physical contact.

For example, a friend of mine - let's call him "John" - came home from work to find his wife in tears. She'd apparently gone outside to investigate a smell of paint and the neighbour had given her a load of verbal abuse and called her "a fat cow".

John went out and bought a can of paint, the same colour as the neighbour's new paint scheme, and a length of plastic guttering. After midnight, when everyone was asleep, John crept outside, fed the guttering through the neighbour's letter box as far as it would go, then poured the paint down it. He then walked round the corner, dumped the evidence and went home to bed.

Next morning they were awoken by screams from next door. Another neighbour told them, later, that the wife had come downstairs in bare feet and had walked through the pool of paint. Obviously it was her husband's fault because he was the one who'd been painting.

Another guy scattered cannabis seeds around his neighbour's garden then, a few weeks later, reported him to the police, anonymously.

I'm NOT suggesting you do anything like this but you might like to do a search for "retribution". ;)
  • Options
    JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    The answer to this is "with great subtlety" - which obviously excludes physical contact.

For example, a friend of mine - let's call him "John" - came home from work to find his wife in tears. She'd apparently gone outside to investigate a smell of paint and the neighbour had given her a load of verbal abuse and called her "a fat cow".

John went out and bought a can of paint, the same colour as the neighbour's new paint scheme, and a length of plastic guttering. After midnight, when everyone was asleep, John crept outside, fed the guttering through the neighbour's letter box as far as it would go, then poured the paint down it. He then walked round the corner, dumped the evidence and went home to bed.

Next morning they were awoken by screams from next door. Another neighbour told them, later, that the wife had come downstairs in bare feet and had walked through the pool of paint. Obviously it was her husband's fault because he was the one who'd been painting.

Another guy scattered cannabis seeds around his neighbour's garden then, a few weeks later, reported him to the police, anonymously.

I'm NOT suggesting you do anything like this but you might like to do a search for "retribution". ;)

John sounds like an immature arse. Any 'retribution' just escalates the situation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have thought this through. I work in a regulated bank role so any conviction is game over. He works as a hospital porter, still he would likely be sacked if he was convicted.

If we had the fight I would assume that I would get a kicking and I would surely have some scars. Even if neither of us reported to the police there would be some tough questions from work.

I don't trust him and I am sure he would make it that I attacked him.

The best option is for him to attack me then I could drop him in it and make him pay that way. He must know this as he would probably lose everything if he was charged again. By that I mean his wife, job and home. I know many wife's stick by their husbands in these situations but from the constant arguments I don't think it's a happy marriage.
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're thinking about it way too much, its consuming you.
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know who I'm rooting for.
  • Options
    abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    If he really was employed as a bouncer, he may well know how to handle himself - ex military, ex-boxer, ex-martial arts, ex-bare-knuckle fighter, etc.

He may be 14+ years older than you and a bit slower than he once was, but he may still be strong and fit and know exactly where to hit you in order to hurt you.

Stay away from him and don't let him provoke you. If you were silly enough to agree to fight him, I reckon he would give you a sound thrashing.

Figure out a way of discretely video recording him if he approaches you.