• GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DLT was just mentioned on The Chase.
  • TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    GOLD have now cut a rather rude reference to Jimmy Savile from Gimme Gimme Gimme. As much as I don't agree with the over-censorship being discussed here, I think that case is understandable!
    On the same YouTube page there's this...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMecf6jUhAU

Now that really is ahead of it's time re Saville! :D
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw a early work in progress towards Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle series 4 show today and it had Jim'll Fix It jokes in it.

It's not due to quarter 1 2016, so maybe the BBC's mood will have improved by then! ;-)

[On the other hand, they aren't the main thrust of the material so the show could easily be made without them, which is more plausible.]
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well todays news if true would make a big difference to any future showing of The Young Ones. To possibly ban it would be a insult to the late Rik Mayall.
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    Well todays news if true would make a big difference to any future showing of The Young Ones. To possibly ban it would be a insult to the late Rik Mayall.

Funnily enough this was one of my first thoughts when i heard the news, Way too difficult to edit all of the references out of that show, And that is before you start on the theme tune

Tricky situation IF anything comes of it
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,684
    Forum Member
    On the same YouTube page there's this...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMecf6jUhAU

Now that really is ahead of it's time re Saville! :D

That sketch was more taking the piss out of him advertising British Rail at the time "This is the age of the train" :)
  • LittleByLittleLittleByLittle Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    A Royal Famliy episode shown on Gold had animal hospital with Ralf Harris face in the background.