Couple leave baby to die while watching Game of Thrones

Comments

• idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    dmuk wrote: »
    How could this highly promoted show possibly be having a negative effect on society?

By inducing a kind of anti-GOT obsessive compulsive disorder in some of its viewers.
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah you're that guy who tried to shoe horn GoT into the ISIS execution thread aren't you?

You seem to have a problem with GoT, maybe you should write a letter to the writers of GoT or the network? Would seem more appropriate than hijacking unrelated events wouldn't it?
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As soon as I saw the thread title I knew dmuk was the OP.

Indeed. dmuk is secretly the show`s biggest fan. What kind of life would he/she have if the show didn`t exist?
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    Straker wrote: »
    Indeed. dmuk is secretly the show`s biggest fan. What kind of life would he/she have if the show didn`t exist?

Biggest fan or on their payroll :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vierte wrote: »
    It's probably the OP

lol :D

I can honestly say I have never watched it. Is it good then OP
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^ agreed, I can't think of an episode where a baby or child is killed, it's only implied in the TV series and in the books

So I imagined this scene then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaMEPte9_B0

There is no implication there. The baby is taken away and turned into a zombie. Now I know what you are going to say, technically white walkers grow old. The rationale of an insane Game of Thrones fan.

Any sane person knows exactly what HBO are trying to get away with here, the killing of a baby on tv. They will push the limits until someone has the guts to say, 'enough is enough'.

And why is "implied" ok in your view? Hearing a child gargling on their own blood as they die isn't what I would call a television programme for sane people.

The levels people will go to to defend this show is crazy. If there is any link between it and actual real life tragedies, it should be gone.
  • Amaretto2Amaretto2 Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The OP got me into Game of Thrones with their many many posts. Thanks for that, excellent promotional work for a great show. Love a Mary Whitehouse parody.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There is no implication there. The baby is taken away and turned into a zombie. Now I know what you are going to say, technically white walkers grow old. The rationale of an insane Game of Thrones fan.

Any sane person knows exactly what HBO are trying to get away with here, the killing of a baby on tv. They will push the limits until someone has the guts to say, 'enough is enough'.

And why is "implied" ok in your view? Hearing a child gargling on their own blood as they die isn't what I would call a television programme for sane people.

The levels people will go to to defend this show is crazy. If there is any link between it and actual real life tragedies, it should be gone.

But that's the thing, there isn't any links. Watching the show made the foster parent remember. So the real issue is not GoT but how did that man become a foster parent in the first place.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Any sane person knows exactly .
    Umm..........
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to find dmuk's GoT obsession quite amusing, but what with this and the beheading video thread, his antics seem to have entered a darker phase in which he will use any tragedy or instance of human suffering to advance either his agenda or his troll persona, and... yeah, that's pretty disgusting.

What's phase three, OP? Picketing funerals?
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Namira wrote: »
    This thread should be deleted. Using a baby's death to attention-**** is low.

That's dmuk for you.
  • TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thankfully, apart from in your warped mind, there isn't any link so piss off with your lame trolling.
  • LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Any sane person

You early don't fit in to that category.

If I were you I'd be ashamed of myself. You say they're showing babies deaths on TV last I checked TV wasn't reality and other shows have done exactly the same. It is made up. IE not real. And given that then watching GoT reminded them of the child them surely in this instance it helped remind them of their responsibilities. Sadly far too late because the poor child's parents were whacked off their face on drugs and clearly completely incompetent and unable to care for a child, zero to do with any TV show. But you're using the tragic death of a child for your own hate agenda against a TV show. A TV show for Christ's sake.

Get a life you sad little man.
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How the OP has gotten to 10,000 posts is beyond me. From their join date they were on these boards long before game of thrones was a television series so were they spouting this nonsense even back then?
  • UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP, seek help. This obsession with blaming Game Of Thrones for everything wrong with society is making you look ill.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member

But there ****ing isn't any link, 7m people watch the show in the US alone, you can maybe pull one or two incidents. One or two people is an epic, unbelievable, nation affecting 0.00001428571% of the audience...

And I'm willing to bet most criminals have seen an episode or two of The Simpsons, let's ban that.

Stop being bloody stupid, it's fiction, so few people take it seriously it's genuinely not worth worrying about...
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the couple had been watching Breaking Bad would you have been saying that it caused them to get high?

Oh no I forgot you don't have an agenda against BB.
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got to agree with those who think its pretty sick to use a real baby's death as a means to fuel a rabid obsession with hating a TV show. Dmuk's claims don't even match the content of the article, so they cannot claim they are simply reporting the truth.

What is so hypocritical is that whilst dmuk seemingly abhors the idea of a fictional baby dying, they are quite willing to trivialise the death of a real one. Its actually pretty disgusting and shows them up in the worst way imaginable.
  • Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daily Mail wrote: »
    Jackson remembered Kadillak was inside the car after hearing a child's cries on the HBO program

... So actually it was Game of Thrones that made him realise he'd left the baby in the car.

dmuk, get help.
    Helbore wrote: »
    What is so hypocritical is that whilst dmuk seemingly abhors the idea of a fictional baby dying, they are quite willing to trivialise the death of a real one. Its actually pretty disgusting and shows them up in the worst way imaginable.

He's done it with rape too. Says GoT is disgusting and trivialises rape, but thinks nothing of derailing a discussion about a real incident and using it to make points about his hatred of TV shows. Something seriously wrong there, I think.
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,416
    Forum Member
    Game of Thrones is, of course, the major contributing factor to the baby's death and not the fact that the parents were on drugs and clearly incompetent to look after a child. Had Game of Thrones not been available to watch, the father would have been totally sober and not taken his eyes off the child's welfare for a moment.

That's more like it - they were useless druggie parents but there is one good thing. This crime of child neglect occurred in the USA so at least they'll get a proper and appropriate sentence over there.
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    The OP even posted about the show in a thread about the weather.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This story is oldish.

The story goes that he was inside smoking pot and watching something on TV which reminded him about the baby and then he ran out to the car.

So, had he watched GoT immediately, he'd have realised sooner and the baby would have been reached in time.

The lesson is therefore; watch GoT all the time. It could save lives.
  • WokStationWokStation Posts: 23,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never watched it, put it on a mental shelf alongside Twilight and that something something Fire thing with a bow.

But hey, if it's generating this much outrage, dmuk, I'll have to give it a look. Streisand, anyone?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WokStation wrote: »
    I've never watched it, put it on a mental shelf alongside Twilight and that something something Fire thing with a bow.

But hey, if it's generating this much outrage, dmuk, I'll have to give it a look. Streisand, anyone?

Some of us were saying yesterday that the OP should work in marketing for the show as while we'd never seen it with all his rantings we have to watch. It sounds pretty good :D
  • HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WokStation wrote: »

I'll stick with Game Of Thrones, Yentl's much scarier.