The Warm and Tranquil Room! (Part 4)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,423
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Found a straw hat on top of the wardrobe and OH has painted it red for me. that was what they suggested as they dont expect people to spend a fortune on clothes. I noticed in the market that there was a fabric stall with lots of bright colours including red and purple so will be looking there when I have a bit more time.

We had snow last night and it was very icy this morning. The bus wasnt coming up our hill as it hadnt been gritted so had to walk to main road for bus. Did see gritter going round and coming back from town the bus actually came up the hill. The snow has gone now though since the sun came out though it is still very cold. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Comments

• Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    How exciting, we have a new thread! No snow here EJ so you should be fine for your lesson tomorrow.

After seeing Brian on Breakfast tv this morning, I'm quite looking forward to Dancing on Wheels tonight.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i passed my exams!!! (still have course work though)

Re insurance - needs only to be one dodgy person on the compare style web sites, i think my system is secure, but who knows about the compare site.

Hey ho

Now there is another distraction for my course work - the Winter Olympics!

oh dear
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow you're not around for a while and there's a whole new thread.

Hope you are all doing ok
  • danishdancerdanishdancer Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    Hi peeps, can I join? Signed up here yonks ago, but have not posted much due to the fights that sometimes break out. I'm a fan of most of the pros, and don't want to call out the ones I'm not so keen on x
    Forum Member
    Congratulations TVA, I know you thought you'd probably passed but it's great to get the confirmation. That's one thing out of the way. Now get on with your course work. We shall nag you and nag you until you do!!!

Welcome DD please feel free to join in and chat about anything you like. We do talk about Strictly but as we all like different pros, we tend not to go into great detail about them.

Hello hiu glad to see you're still around. How are the wedding preparations going? Is Bunny helping or hindering?:D

EJ love the idea of a painted hat. How often does this group meet?

Did anyone watch Dancing on Wheels last night? I recorded it but haven't watched it yet as I went round to a friend's for dinner and she doesn't have cable.:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gosh would you look at that W&T Room is now in part four didnt we do well lol.
    I totally forgot about the dancing on wheels prog so I'll wait for a review here.

Its odd hearing about you lot having snow when we dont. Its dull here but doesnt look too bad outside.

Welcome DD good to have new members. Feel free to post when you want we dont bite.

Hiu was that really you or was bunny deputising for you!!
    :D Hope wedding stuff is going ok and you are making OH help you its his day too after all!!

Well done TVA knew you would do it now get on with your work, nag nag nag nag nag...........

EJ hope your lesson goes well today and you dont have any trouble with travelling. Charity shops are good places for cheap colourful things.

Have a good day all, off to look at flat sites again, wish me luck!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done TVA, now get on with course work ! Nag nag nag , is that enough?

Part four indeed Starry one, congratulations to our founder.
    Good luck with the flat hunting, hope you find something soon.

Welcome DD, good to see a new face. Feel free to chat away, as has already been said, we don't bite.

Will be interesting to hear what others thought about Dancing on Wheels last night. It was different, maybe i need to watch again next week, to form an honest opinion.

Hiu, good to see you in here once again.

Doesn't seem quite so cold today, let's hope it stays that way for a bit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched Dancing on Wheels, it was a very low budget production and so it suffered from that quite a bit. I wasnt convinced by it though. If they are intending the winner to go into the European championships then they will need to work a lot harder.
    I was surprised Heather Small and her partner got through as she danced out of time the whole way through and it was commented on she also danced out of time in the dance off. I was a bit alarmed by Brian swearing using the F word a couple of times and it not being bleeped out.

John asked about it as he wasnt able to watch it, he works on a Thursday night.

John has been asked to help with a programme called something like young, jobless and living with mum where they try to get the youngsters to experience some work. It is a low budget BBC3 thing he says and he ( or rather Jane, as he will be judging a competition then) have to teach them to dance so they can go into an old peoples home and teach the old people to dance.

Got to learn some of the Gold Bar steps today, did the Tango and was introduced to a contracheck and an oversway. John is really pleased with the way I am coping with the jive as it is so fast. Not so good with the other latin but he has pointed out that my weight is not far enough forward doing the spirals so I tend to lose my balance. Will just have to keep practising.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FT the Red Hats just get together to have a good time whenever it is possible I think. I will be going to see Calendar Girls with them and to lunch at a restaurant called Shiraz beforehand. There are a lot more events I can sign up to if I want, will have to consult my diary.
    Look them up on the internet, they exist all over the country.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ok! thanks

did a lot last night and talked with my supervisor, have a plan for the next couple of weeks, so fingers crossed...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy Valentines everyone!!

I assume its so quiet in here because everyone is being pampered by their OH's!!

Have a good day all.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OH watching rugby ( boring!)
    Been out with Flossy
    , grandaughters came while I was out but I saw them just leaving so they stopped for a chat. They were going to a rehearsal for the Gang Show they are in. Said they would come over again in the week as they are on half term.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear Ej sounds like OH isnt very romantic then. Hope you get to see your grandkids again soon.

My OH ame over after work and brought me my favourite yellow roses and a huge teddy, hugest ive ever had. Was lovely to see him. My scan is on Tuesday and im very tense about it and he was a great help.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Star Good luck with the scan.

You are right OH isnt very romantic. I guess we have been married now for so long he doesnt see the neccessity to work at it.

Dont know what I have done to laptop now, it works fine but I have somehow increased the size of the font so it is now quite big. It happened yesterday when I was sitting with it on my lap and using the keyboard mousey thing, i normally have it on the table and use my optical mouse.

Dentist checkup this morning, lovely!
    Forum Member
    Happy Chinese New Year everyone! I think this year is the year of the Tiger.

Had to rush to my brother's aid yesterday. There are many small things he can't do now with the Parkinson's and one of them is to change his duvet cover! I also set the timer on his boiler, and put a new battery in his camera. It's so sad to see a once perfectly able-bodied man now not able to even do up the zip on his jacket. I must get on to the Parkinson's Disease Organisation and find out what aids there might be available for him. I'm sure other people have the same problems and must have come up with a solution apart from phoning big sis!

Star good luck with your scan tomorrow. I hope it all goes well for you. I'm still waiting for the results of the ultrasound I had last week.

EJ I watched the rugby with my brother and thoroughly enjoyed it, but then I am a rugby fan.:D

I see that SYTYCD finished last night. I started off watching it, but was disappointed after a couple of weeks as I didn't think the UK dancers were a patch on the ones in the US version. They just seemed a little bit inhibited to me. Be nteresting to see how the winner gets on in the US version.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone. I am trying to take it easy and relax today. Have to see my dr tomorrow to see if she can explain the medical jargon my consultant used in her letter about my initial appointment.

FT hope you get Usound results soon. Sad to hear about your brother it must be progressing fairly fast? Hope the Parkinsons Society can give you some help.

EJ at the top right hand corner of my screen there is a bit saying page if you have one click on it and on the menu there is a bit that says "text" that should help you put your text size back to normal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    Crikey its still so cold... Brrr! Just please don't snow... need to drive to Beckenham on Wednesday.

Yes FT it is the Year of the Tiger! Happy Chinese New Year Everyone or as I say it Kung Hei Fat Choi! :D

Have spent a slow day catching up on my fave 3 threads as the atmosphere I've come back to at work is even worse than before I left last Monday plus I've not got much work to do, which is always jolly nice for a first day back.

The funeral went very well but poor Mr Cuddly and his family really are bouncing from one bit of bad news to another. His Mum's SIL who travelled from Germany for the funeral, had a massive stroke during the evening after the funeral and is now in a coma in hospital following an op to relieve pressure from her brain. :(

I've told OH that even if she makes a 90% recovery that would be good as she could still be very active and independent like my mum was after hers.

Emotionally everything caught up with us and we've ended up snoozing quite a bit over the weekend. Bless OH, he even managed to get me some flowers for Valentine's Day, although how at the age of 45 and after nearly 8 years together he hasn't quite twigged that Valentine's Day is the 14th and not the 12th is beyond me, but they were still lovely. :)

Spent Saturday down at my brother's in Beckenham to celebrate Chinese New Year, pigged out on lovely home cooked Chinese food, luckily I had my cholesterol test last Tuesday. :D Will find out full results this Wednesday, as Doctor wanted to see me about my blood pressure :eek:

I hate to think of my siblings getting old, FT, I know it will happen to all of us one day, but since I'm the baby of the three by a good 10 years, it does worry me as they're my only family I have left now and at times it feels like my heritage is slowly slipping away. I just wished that they get on:rolleyes:

EJ - Keep up the good work on your dance classes, I must get fitter as I really don't have the stamina to keep up with the pace on the latin dances.

TVA - Congrats on passing your exams!

Star - Keep perservering, you'll probably find the flat you're looking for when you least expect it. Good luck with the Scan too, I'm sure everything will be fine.

DD - Welcome! Nice and friendly people in here!

CD & Hiu - Hello :)

Need to do some serious job hunting tonight on the web when I get home as the thought of staying in this place any longer is adding to my doom and gloom which I'm desperate to snap out of. Other than that I'm pretty optimistic and hoping that the Year of the Tiger will be a good year... :)

Cuddly x
    Forum Member
    Oh dear Cuddly, it does seem to be have been a year of bad news so far. My best friend's mother has just had a mini stroke and got taken to hospital, but is back at home again now on lots of medication so I hope she's going to be okay. We were supposed to be going to Tenerife in May to celebrate her 80th birthday so I hope she feels fit enough for that when the time comes.

We too had lots of lovely Chinese food on Saturday night but we had to order a Takeaway as the restaurant was fully booked. Not only Valentine's but Chinese New Year as well.:eek::)

As you said, let's hope that the Year of the Tiger is a good one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cuddly good to see you and big hugs. Hope all goes well for OH's mum's SIL. Is atmosphere at work because of you being off or was there always a bad one? Take care.

FT hope your best friends mum will be ok too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such a bad start for everyone to 2010 it seems.

My OH,s auntie died last week, we were surprised a bit by the news but it had to come sooner or later as she was 106 years old. One really tough cookie the only one of her generation of his family left, and now she has gone.

Welcome back cuddly hope things settle down for you soon.

I dont want it to snow in Beckenham either, I need to be there on Friday though as it is half term I dont need to start off as early as we are at a different studio.

Star I have tried the bit you said but the text size is still the same, will have to speak to son I think, see if he can come and have a look.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Star have just found out what I did to the text size, there is a little + and - thing at the bottom of the page, I must have pressed it by mistake and it had zoomed in. Just zoomed it out and I am back to normal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i had a really bad weekend, really stressed about my course work, but did have a nice night out fri and sat eve (did lots of work sat daytime). Yesterday took a few hours off to see Avatar, very good, and brill effects.

Discovered there is a pot of dosh to be spent at work, and we managed to get some cover - still massive issues with sickness, but help comes tomorrow. Also I got 2 cases today, so now have to write them up. Feeling much better now.

And next door have half the new fence up and all the old one is gone, looks much better, just hope the rest of the garden survives!

FT we should talk about parkinson medication at some point... I wonder if it can be optimised...

Take care everyone
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it was me Bunny only likes to tweet.

The wedding is coming along well, Bunny is compiling his guest list - he's getting ideas above his station!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Red Hat leader seems to spend her life on the email. I have had dozens from her and having to write stuff in my diary and decide if i want to go or not. Some of it sounds good and some of it is on a Friday so I cant do those.

We are going to watch the Gang Show that the granddaughters are in. I expect we will come across their mother there as I believe she is involved with the Guides. In case that sounds odd I should perhaps mention that their mother and my son are divorced, been that way for nearly 12 years.

Phoned son to tell him but got DIL and she said that son had cut the top of his thumb off while he was at work doing some cabling. DIL's sister in law is a paramedic and she dressed it for him and was there changing the bandage for him. Nothing A&E could do about it apparently.
    Forum Member
    TVA I've only just found your text about Lost. I'm really sorry, I had my phone on silent and didn't notice there was a text there. Just shows how often I look at it. It's new and I still haven't got used to it yet. Yes, must talk about Parkinson's medication as I don't think he's getting the right help. By the way, I've seen Avatar three times now - love that film!:o

EJ I was looking at the Red Hat web site - looks as if they have good fun on their outings. It's just that purple is so not my colour lol.:cool:

Just had a lengthy email from friend in the US and he has had a rotten start to the year as well with family health problems. What is it about 2010? It's not been a good year so far for almost everyone I know!:eek:

I see that DWTS has cut the number of couples down to 11 for the next series. I hope that Strictly is taking note. It was far too long last year.