Options

Queen Appreciation Thread

c4hc4h Posts: 1,077
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Apologies if there is already an appreciation thread for one of the best bands of all time on DS, but all I see at the moment is threads for mediocre singers/bands of the noughties on here at the moment.

I'll start the opening post of with this great song.

Comments

• Options
    Finlay ReaderFinlay Reader Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TBQF, it bores the pants off me. Chorus, OK quite catchy, but its not very far reaching.......FAIL:D Next
  • Options
    MirelaMirela Posts: 1,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have every single one of their studio albums, a few concert DVDs and some books & magazines about them. Freddie Mercury is a hero of mine...yep, it would be fair to say I'm a Queen fan :cool: ;)
  • Options
    c4hc4h Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TBQF, it bores the pants off me. Chorus, OK quite catchy, but its not very far reaching.......FAIL:D Next

Good for you, I and others appreciate good music so I wouldn't say it was a "fail". Trot along.
  • Options
    ohglobbitsohglobbits Posts: 4,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I, like the detractor I suppose, find some of the later Queen stuff a tad boring/prententious although even in later albums there are some great rockers like this one
  • Options
    emailsemails Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i thought i'd put this is in .just been looking the queen website & noticed some news that french tv channel TF1 are seeking a freddie lookalike? for a programme to be aired later this year . sorry for saying this ,but isn't it a bit strange they should be doing this ,as if anyone out there that could look & sound like the late freddie mercury ,they are almost certainly likely to be a freddie replacement .& ironically enough it is almost 20 years since freddies death come next november . it would be ironic that anyone that looked & sounded like freddie would almost certainly go to the band & make music with rodger & brian?
  • Options
    DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have every album that Queen have released and also the Freddie Mercury box set.

The only albums of Queen I don't like is The Cosmos Rocks and Hot Space. I don't know why, but it just doesn't sound right to me, but it does have song good rocking songs on it. Hot Space apart Under Pressure is just to poppy for my liking.

I do like the songs when they are played live as on Queen On Fire DVD - Live At The Bowl.
  • Options
    rhodrhod Posts: 3,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely Queen tribute about 35 seconds into the BBC Mongrels trailer :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My dad saw them at Live Aid, never forgave him for it :(
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    IMO, they were the most musically intelligent, ambitious and Protean popular music group of the 20th century.

Who else but Queen (Brian May in fact) would write a song based on Einstein's Theory of Relativity?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My dad saw them at Live Aid, never forgave him for it :(

lol. My brother saw them on the 'It's a Kind of Magic' tour at Wembley in 1986. I remember him having to get up early to get the coach to London.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol. My brother saw them on the 'It's a Kind of Magic' tour at Wembley in 1986. I remember him having to get up early to get the coach to London.

*Adds your brother to list of people I'm jealous of* :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    *Adds your brother to list of people I'm jealous of* :p

lol :p I wish I'd gone too now with hindsight!
  • Options
    Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I love Queen!
    Freddie is a personal hero of mine, and I love pretty much all of their work, though I love some more than others.

I wouldn't be able to pick a favourite album, they're so close for me, and change all the time. Same for the songs.:o:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Queen!
    Freddie is a personal hero of mine, and I love pretty much all of their work, though I love some more than others.

I wouldn't be able to pick a favourite album, they're so close for me, and change all the time. Same for the songs.:o:D

Never felt we would ever share common ground music wise, but here we have found it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Never felt we would ever share common ground music wise, but here we have found it.

Well, we both like Bon Jovi.:p

It's really only your irrational love for Taylor Swift that gets in the way from a beautiful relationship!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's really only your irrational love for Taylor Swift that gets in the way from a beautiful relationship!

I love many talented artists, taylor is just one in a long line.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I love many talented artists.

You should mention them more!
    I love nearly all the Artists in your Services, but you just annoy me sometimes.:D
    Let's make up!
    *Hugs Geordielady*

:):):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You should mention them more!
    I love nearly all the Artists in your Services, but you just annoy me sometimes.:D
    Let's make up!
    *Hugs Geordielady*

:):):)

You just annoy me all of the time :p

Especially with that Adele person ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You just annoy me all of the time :p

Bless, it's only Taylor Swift, GaGa, Adele and Britney we don't agree on, we should just talk about Bruce, Rush, Lizzy and Queen, going by your services alone.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bless, it's only Taylor Swift, GaGa, Adele and Britney we don't agree on, we should just talk about Bruce, Rush, Lizzy and Queen, going by your services alone.:D

Its only taylor, we both know gaga, britney and adele are crap ;)

And someone here who likes Rush, never thought you had it in you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its only taylor, we both know gaga, britney and adele are crap ;)

And someone here who likes Rush, never thought you had it in you.

I wouldn't call that too fast, seeing as GaGa and Adele can actually sing, while Taylor just sort of whines in time with the Music.;)

Who doesn't like Rush?
    And what's wrong with them?:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't call that too fast, seeing as GaGa and Adele can actually sing, while Taylor just sort of whines in time with the Music.;)
    Ah but taylor writes her own darn good music, who cares about her voice.
    Who doesn't like Rush?

I was talking about on these forums, Rush are not the sort of band most people here would even know let alone like. Did a thread once, never even got a reply :eek:, not a shock though.

Anyway back on topic. love of my life, that song live is just sensational, always sends shivers down my spine.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    c4h wrote: »
    Apologies if there is already an appreciation thread for one of the best bands of all time on DS, but all I see at the moment is threads for mediocre singers/bands of the noughties on here at the moment ...

Where would you place them in your personal top (say) ten?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ... Who doesn't like Rush?

They neglected to call it a day after "Power Windows"?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bomb #21 wrote: »
    They neglected to call it a day after "Power Windows"?

*Tsk*
    :rolleyes:

Anyway, does anyone else think Night At The Opera was awesome? I know I said earlier that I couldn't pick a favourite, but this thread got me in the mood for listening to them again, so I did this album, and it's just SO DAMN GOOD!:cool: