ipad 2 & photostream

I am tearing my hair out here :mad:

My 4S works spot on with photostream, every picture I take goes straight over to photostream on the iphone when in a wifi area.

My ipad 2 has been working fine with photostream until a few days ago. The photos were not streaming over to photostream.

Tried all the suggestions offered to me, and now all I have is boxes instead of the photo saying jpeg

My internet connection (wifi) is fine, so cannot be that and my ipad is up to date with the operating system

Any suggestions?

Comments

• chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if you are just seeing grey boxes then the library/database file on your ipad is corrupt.
  • *angeldelight**angeldelight* Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    If it was corrupt, would the past few photos I have taken have gone over to photostream ok as they have?

I am confused, can I fix this?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it was corrupt, would the past few photos I have taken have gone over to photostream ok as they have?

yes, as it doesn't affect uploading
    I am confused, can I fix this?

i've had it a few times on my iphone, and just deleted the affected photos.

i suppose you could factory reset the ipad and then restore from backup.
    Forum Member
    Ok thanks, so if I delete the affected photos I should be ok?

Is my ipad faulty then in anyway? Or is it just those photos on there, ie after deleting will it be all ok?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok thanks, so if I delete the affected photos I should be ok?

Is my ipad faulty then in anyway? Or is it just those photos on there, ie after deleting will it be all ok?

it's not faulty, it's just a software issue that can happen with any device.

from memory, it's just the thumbnail that gets corrupt, the actual photo should be ok
    Forum Member
    ....& there is no way those photos will now reappear? Oh well, at least I still have them on my 4S.... Best off deleting the grey boxes then?

You've been a great help thank you :)