Eurovision on Polish tv

shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
Forum Member
I am going to be in Poland on Saturday and was looking forward to watching Eurovision whilst there but I can't see it listed on the TVP schedules for Saturday night. Does anyone know if Polish tv will be broadcasting it live? I know Poland withdrew from the 2013 contest so I'm hoping that doesn't mean they won't be showing it either.

Comments

• phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shanders wrote: »
    I am going to be in Poland on Saturday and was looking forward to watching Eurovision whilst there but I can't see it listed on the TVP schedules for Saturday night. Does anyone know if Polish tv will be broadcasting it live? I know Poland withdrew from the 2013 contest so I'm hoping that doesn't mean they won't be showing it either.

If its not screened by TVP then you can watch on Eurovision.tv with no commentary, unfortunately it probably means they won't be back next year either.
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    phill363 wrote: »
    If its not screened by TVP then you can watch on Eurovision.tv with no commentary, unfortunately it probably means they won't be back next year either.

Is that web only or an actual tv channel?
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that web only or an actual tv channel?

Web only
    Forum Member
    phill363 wrote: »
    Web only

Damn won't have web access :(
  • MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    There might be German channels on your TV in Poland - there was when I visited in 2004.
    Forum Member
    There might be German channels on your TV in Poland - there was when I visited in 2004.

That's a thought! Most hotels do have foreign channels like TF1, TVE, RAI - cheers! :)
  • KarlHydeKarlHyde Posts: 1,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TF1 won't help you, as the ESC is on France 3 ;)

In Germany, it's on ARD (Das Erste), one of the two main public channels. And German channels are easily available on FTA satellite in Poland, so most hotels should have them.
  • DogmatixDogmatix Posts: 2,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The German commentator, Peter Urban, has developed a dry sense of humour for the ESC, and unlike certain other German commentators he knows when to keep his mouth shut - he said not a single word during the Australian segment in the first semi-final.

But it is annoying that no Polish channel is showing the contest. Even if they can't be bothered to send a commentator, they could have relayed the EBC stream on a minor channel. Fortunately, ARD is present in a lot of Polish cable networks, and is easy to pick up on satellite being on Astra 1 and Hotbird (where most Polish channels are).
    Forum Member
    I'm here! Hotel has ZDF and RAI - so I'm hoping I can watch on RAI? These are the analogue channels.
    The digital channels just seem to be Polish ones!
  • AliceyAlicey Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member
    It's on RAI2 I think?
  • DogmatixDogmatix Posts: 2,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, RAI2.

Just checked the Polish schedules; it's not on any channel.

How about radio? It might be on Polish radio (I can't find radio schedules), or maybe, if you have a smartphone and a sensible data roaming plan and some earphones, you could listen to the contest on BBC Radio 2.

If you can get German radio, it's on NDR2.
  • TV DUNIYATV DUNIYA Posts: 6,772
    Forum Member
    I'm here! Hotel has ZDF and RAI - so I'm hoping I can watch on RAI? These are the analogue channels.
    The digital channels just seem to be Polish ones!

Do you have TVEi (Spain),TVRi (Romania, RTPi (Portugal,though ths will be shown delayed)?
  • TV DUNIYATV DUNIYA Posts: 6,772
    Forum Member
    Dogmatix wrote: »
    The German commentator, Peter Urban, has developed a dry sense of humour for the ESC, and unlike certain other German commentators he knows when to keep his mouth shut - he said not a single word during the Australian segment in the first semi-final.

But it is annoying that no Polish channel is showing the contest. Even if they can't be bothered to send a commentator, they could have relayed the EBC stream on a minor channel. Fortunately, ARD is present in a lot of Polish cable networks, and is easy to pick up on satellite being on Astra 1 and Hotbird (where most Polish channels are).

I really like Peter Urban.
    Seems very knowledgeable and a great voice,and manner of speaking.
    Shame,my German is not up to scratch,to getting to grips with his commentary.
    Forum Member
    Alicey wrote: »
    It's on RAI2 I think?
    Dogmatix wrote: »
    Yes, RAI2.

Just checked the Polish schedules; it's not on any channel.

How about radio? It might be on Polish radio (I can't find radio schedules), or maybe, if you have a smartphone and a sensible data roaming plan and some earphones, you could listen to the contest on BBC Radio 2.

If you can get German radio, it's on NDR2.
    TV DUNIYA wrote: »
    Do you have TVEi (Spain),TVRi (Romania, RTPi (Portugal,though ths will be shown delayed)?

Thanks for all your help. We only have RAI1 and ZDF! All the other channels are polish ones which aren't showing it.
    Will have to watch on iPad via Eurovision site.
    Thanks everyone! :)
    Forum Member
    Disaster! The iPad requires flash! Oh no!
  • StephenHKentStephenHKent Posts: 1,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh no Shanders, I really hope you got to see the contest!
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,926
    Forum Member
    Err..I may be a bit late here but will the BBC iPlayer or TV Catchup apps work there as it they have the live Beeb channels?
    Forum Member
    Oh no Shanders, I really hope you got to see the contest!

No! But we listened to Ken Bruce on Radio 2!
    Poor Bonnie!
    Forum Member
    Mandark wrote: »
    Err..I may be a bit late here but will the BBC iPlayer or TV Catchup apps work there as it they have the live Beeb channels?

No they don't work outside the UK.
    Oh well that's it for another year.
  • StephenHKentStephenHKent Posts: 1,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No they don't work outside the UK.
    Oh well that's it for another year.

"what's another year"?!
    Forum Member
    "what's another year"?!