Jimmy Carr on Would I Lie To You

shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
Forum Member
I see Jimmy Carr has put his tax evasion money to good use by getting a new pair of gnashers.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shanders wrote: »
    I see Jimmy Carr has put his tax evasion money to good use by getting a new pair of gnashers.

You're saying you think he bought two new teeth?
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    He's quite a wealthy individual. I doubt that however much he saved with his tax arrangements had any bearing on whether or not he got his teeth done. By the way, he had them done ages ago.
  • OcdGirlOcdGirl Posts: 12,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would anyone happen to know if Dave's being locked in a bank was true or not? I missed as the pizza guy arrived at the same time
  • ReadingfanReadingfan Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave's was true!
  • OcdGirlOcdGirl Posts: 12,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No way!!! Thankyou!! :D
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    Tax avoidance, careful of slander.
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He should do more tax avoidance, it gives him more material for panel shows and the like.
  • NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    The funniest thing was his U-turn on the matter. First of all he was basically saying 'So what?' and then when public outrage grew he was so terribly sorry. :rolleyes:
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,451
    Forum Member
    shanders wrote: »

He didn't evade any tax, he avoided it. Massive, massive difference.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,751
    Forum Member
    If only Starbucks & Google joked about their tax situation people would forgive and find it funny.

Were his teeth done on the NHS?
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »
    If only Starbucks & Google joked about their tax situation people would forgive and find it funny.

I doubt they were done on the NHS.

What Jimmy Carr did was perfectly legal.
  • ItsallaboutyouItsallaboutyou Posts: 1,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He should be sanctioned from performing until he pays his tax. Failing that, prison sentence and all his assets given to the less well-off.
    Forum Member
    He should be sanctioned from performing until he pays his tax. Failing that, prison sentence and all his assets given to the less well-off.

Prison sentence for what? There is no tax to pay, what he did was perfectly legal.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NeilVW wrote: »
    The funniest thing was his U-turn on the matter. First of all he was basically saying 'So what?' and then when public outrage grew he was so terribly sorry. :rolleyes:
    When did he say, "So what?" As I recall, the public outrage was immediate on it becoming public knowledge.
  • BluejuBlueju Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i4u wrote: »

I wish his bloody laugh was....Like Muttley on speed !!!
  • Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,836
    Forum Member
    He was on Top Gear tonight and joked with Richard Hammond about his very white teeth.