Rhod Gilbert's Work Experience

shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
Forum Member
Great show last night! Very funny - the wedding planner was a great theme. Thought the couple were great sports and loved some of Rhod's ideas and observations - having to untangle a bride's thong; the ice sculpture with or without appendage and roping in Chris O'Dowd to do a video message. Looking forward to the rest!

Comments

• tvfannytvfanny Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved the 'Give A S**t' logo. Shame I had just taken a mouthful of coffee when it came onscreen:eek::D
    Considering how acerbic Rhod can be, I found it a warm and fuzzy programme with loads of laughs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the only thing I like Rhod doing. Normally his vioce grates on me and it still does in his voice over but when he's just being himself, chatting to people, he comes over really well and quite amusing. My only complaint about this weeks was that 30 mins wasn't long enough. There is so much potential in wedding planning that it could have been an hour.
  • Purple OrchidPurple Orchid Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The scout one next week is great, he has such a rapport with the kids. I love this series :)
  • Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    It's the only thing I like Rhod doing. Normally his vioce grates on me and it still does in his voice over but when he's just being himself, chatting to people, he comes over really well and quite amusing. My only complaint about this weeks was that 30 mins wasn't long enough. There is so much potential in wedding planning that it could have been an hour.

Yeah I agree wholly here!! Rhods voice grates on me too (I don't know what it is!:confused:) - but his hatred of weddings and everything else .....and his "I don't give a shit" attitude made me wonder where this was going!!
    Great guy in the end....and he cried at that speech!
    Yes - this could well have been a 60 minute story! (Bet there's ton's on the cutting-room floor) :D:D:D:D
  • jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really really enjoyed this as well and would love to see a longer cut :). Wouldn't say a huge Rhod Gilbert fan, and like others can find his voice grating at times, but he's really good at this sort of thing and I find him really personable and engaging, unlike a lot of TV presenters. The show that won me over to him was that Most Dangerous Roads one he did with Greg Davies a few years ago. Superb tv.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 102,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rhod is one of my favourites of what I think of as 'the new comedians'...........I like him on pretty much everything he does, which I guess is mainly this series and the panel show circuit

This is a terrific series.............he seems to have such good rapport with people
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Another brilliant one last night as a Scout Leader, took my back to my days in the Scouts!

Reminded me of the school episode he did, he is great with kids. Fair play to him.
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    He was great with the pensioners as the coach tour guide!
  • dsimillerdsimiller Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes,he was quite good with the pensioners after a bit of a shaky start though,and what a smashing looking coach as well.
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    dsimiller wrote: »
    Yes,he was quite good with the pensioners after a bit of a shaky start though,and what a smashing looking coach as well.

I know! Looked very luxurious! Might consider a coach holiday if they're like that nowadays!
  • rubberduck3y6rubberduck3y6 Posts: 18,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just popping in to say that I love this series! Rhod really gets stuck in with each week's task and seems to care about doing a good job. I liked the Grange Hill references with the two ladies who were always going missing and the last minute bingo hunt.
  • blancoelectra97blancoelectra97 Posts: 3,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just popping in to say that I love this series! Rhod really gets stuck in with each week's task and seems to care about doing a good job. I liked the Grange Hill references with the two ladies who were always going missing and the last minute bingo hunt.

I watched the Journalist episode last night.

I laughed out loud so many times, he is hilarious.

Must catch up on all the other epis,didn't realise there are so many!

This is quality stuff.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 102,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still enjoying this as per my post of nearly 3 years ago !

Rhod is such a natural amongst every sort of person.

I wasn't so keen on one thing last night......his fairly pathetic attempts at shoe-horning in puns on newsreaders names........that got a bit tedious
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    I wasn't so keen on one thing last night......his fairly pathetic attempts at shoe-horning in puns on newsreaders names........that got a bit tedious

I found that pretty funny throughout and historically I don't have a lot of time for Gilbert so no-one is more surprised than me! I've softened towards him after the rather spiffy Britain's Best Part-time Band, especially the Hooky and Midge eps.

He must be drowning in women. I don't think there was one in the whole show that wasn't looking at him like they would jump on him right there and then.
  • EVIL-MONKEYEVIL-MONKEY Posts: 53,800
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know what's happened to the forth episode of series 7?
  • John_MarnnJohn_Marnn Posts: 1,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Filming was cancelled because Rhod Gilbert sustained an injury during production of the builder episode.
    Forum Member
    John_Marnn wrote: »

Filming was cancelled because Rhod Gilbert sustained an injury during production of the builder episode.

Ah thanks.
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Nice to see this bumped. Really enjoyed the last few episodes, especially the estate agent and reporter ones.
    Forum Member
    edited 21/04/18 - 15:19 #20
    I haven't seen any advertising for it but series 8's on iPlayer, this series he's a Classical Musician, Festival Chef, Cabin Crew and he's on a boat ship with the Royal Navy. :mrgreen:

https://bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00zf3m1/episodes/player
  • Miranda_ShellMiranda_Shell Posts: 4,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't seen the Cabin Crew epi yet but the other three are really good.
  • OrangecrabOrangecrab Posts: 1,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I haven't seen any advertising for it but series 8's on iPlayer, this series he's a Classical Musician, Festival Chef, Cabin Crew and he's on a boat ship with the Royal Navy. :mrgreen:

This series has only been shown on BBC1Wales as yet. I have seen 3 of the episodes as I have BBC1Wales on my Virgin Media (channel 864), and found them hilarious. I forgot about the 4th episode (Navy) so I will watch that on the iPlayer shortly!
  • OrangecrabOrangecrab Posts: 1,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangecrab wrote: »

This series has only been shown on BBC1Wales as yet. I have seen 3 of the episodes as I have BBC1Wales on my Virgin Media (channel 864), and found them hilarious. I forgot about the 4th episode (Navy) so I will watch that on the iPlayer shortly!

I have just checked Rhod's website, the series will be shown on BBC2 throughout the UK sometime later this year. This is the same as I recall happened in previous series, they are transmitted on BBC1Wales first and then on BBC2 throughout the UK later. Meanwhile, catch them on iPlayer while they are there!
  • stopgostopgo Posts: 5,961
    Forum Member
    Caught this series on the I player early this month and two episodes- festival chef and classical music - didn't know about any other series or any other episodes from this series. The two I watched were very good and contained a lot of comedy word play by Rhod which was almost Two. Ronnies ish.