A Thread For Anyone, Any Gigs, and A More General Discussion of Everything (Part 4)

Comments

• Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know how you feel in Wales Labour will always win. I don't not like them but I think on occasion other parties offer better policies and better ways forward Labour is just de facto vote without thinking.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    If I ever voted in the UK again I would vote for the Monster Raving Loony Party. I find their manifesto to be the most believable :p There are elections here in Ireland as well but they're really slow in counting the votes as they use the Proportional Representation system for voting rather than First Past The Post. It takes bloody ages to count!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did vote Labour but I would have voted lib Dems (maybe even Plaid Cymru) but I felt it a waste of my vote to not vote Labour as they are realistically the most left party with a chance of doing something and being voted in.

And I have never heard of PR before I like first past the post it's seems the fairest and quickest way to do things.

But the UK's biggest threat is UKIP :eek:.
    Forum Member
    The PR system is where you don't vote for just one candidate but you vote for several in order of preference. It's really annoying. They use it in college as well for the students union elections. It takes bloody ages to count though, unlike First Past The Post. They're still counting votes here in Ireland and the results from my constituency haven't yet come out. Didn't Nick Clegg want the PR system for the UK as well?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes they wanted to change the FPTS. I can see why it eliminates tactical voting and gives smaller parties an equal chance to do well. I.E I was unsure who to vote for tactically voted Labour as the had a realistic chance of winning seats. Either way it's all democracy :p
    Forum Member
    It does seem silly to change the FPTP system though. If the UK had the PR system it would take the best part of a week or even two weeks to get results. I wonder what system Scotland will use if they become independent?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly I like that we vote in the day then in the evening we can watch as the results roll in :). As for Scotland I'm not sure I highly doubt they will go independent though, but then again ;p.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,989
    Forum Member
    Morning

The sun was out just in time for me to put some shorts on and then it went away again. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same here mimi drizzly with sun now and again seems we had our week of summer for this year :p
    Forum Member
    I know! Back to jeans I think. Or I might just put leggings with my shorts. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha we'd all be better carrying suitcases around with us as the weather is so changeable your never quite wearing the right thing. Eskimo boots one minute shorts and t-shirt the next :D
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Haha we'd all be better carrying suitcases around with us as the weather is so changeable your never quite wearing the right thing. Eskimo boots one minute shorts and t-shirt the next :D

Maybe I should get mine down from the attic for that purpose :D I never know what to wear these days.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know it's so changeable at the moment it might just be best to get the suitcase down :p
    Forum Member
    I think that's a good idea :p My tablet was playing up earlier. I think L.A. is up to her old tricks again :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    haha when you go back first things first finding the wand :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katy is on BBC3 :)
    Forum Member
    Cool :cool: I'd watch but my parents are watching the European election results. It seems L.A. is at it again. I got home and discovered another iPod charger has been broken! >:( That is so original. She knows I'm just gonna go and buy another charger anyway so I don't know why she bothers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha a lightbulb just blew must be her :). You'll probably catch up on Katy on iPlayer or Youtube :).
    Forum Member
    It could well be :p She's a busy woman, that one. Why would she go after a lightbulb? I see Nick Griffin has lost his seat in Europe. I can't say I'm shedding any tears :p Can't get iPlayer in Ireland so Youtube it will have to be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same here Nick Griffin the least progressive and tolerant man yet he is so ready to deny it. Though Farage is no better his policies even for British natives are not good serious read up on them.

Katy Perry was fantastic by the way gutted I don't have Prismatic tickets.
    Forum Member
    I can't stand Nick Griffin. I won't say what I really think on here though :p I haven't read UKIP's manifesto but maybe I need to. Cool. What songs did she sing? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You should read UKIP's manifesto just for a good laugh :D

A really great range it was basically a shortened Prismatic set.
    Forum Member
    I think I will :D I might check that out later. My 'phone was playing up again. I plugged it in last night for charging and then I went to unplug it and put it in my bag this morning and it said the battery was critically low! Nobody had been using it. Maybe L.A.'s wand is doing that >:( I'm getting fed up of her now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's a fault at Apple I know loads of peoples chargers and batteries that have had major issues :/
    Forum Member
    afternoon :)