YouTube: Latest Update on Android Devices

Freeview_ViewerFreeview_Viewer Posts: 1,262
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I can't open the YouTube app since latest update on my tablet or Samsung S4 Mini.

Anyone else?

Comments

• suki750suki750 Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Seems to work on my tablet but had to remove update on Galaxy S4 back to stock version as would not open
  • jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't open the YouTube app since latest update on my tablet or Samsung S4 Mini.

Yes, it kept quitting. [Edit: On an Xperia Z1 and Z1 Compact]

Had to go into System/Apps and clear the cache and data. Then it worked.

Major screwup if you ask me! And not the first time a Google app has been updated and then not worked AT ALL.
  • YogimaxYogimax Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    jonmorris wrote: »
    Yes, it kept quitting.

Had to go into System/Apps and clear the cache and data. Then it works.

Major screwup if you ask me! And not the first time a Google app has been updated and then not worked AT ALL.

Working fine for me on HTC One and Nexus 7! :confused:
  • Bliss_LightBliss_Light Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    It was crashing and force-closing as soon as I started it... had to uninstall all updates.
  • jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yogimax wrote: »
    Working fine for me on HTC One and Nexus 7! :confused:

Suffice to say, the update may not have failed on every device - or else I'd have expected it to be bigger news than a few people asking on a forum.

But it's still a poor show to have any app update that force quits immediately.

FWIW, I submitted a bug report when it crashed and expect there will be another update very soon that will fix it for those who can't load it and don't know how to fix it.