Options

Corrie gym

shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
Forum Member
Just catching up on yesterday's Corrie. How ridiculous is that gym?!! How many gyms do you know where you walk in off the street and the machines and workout area are right opposite reception for all to see?!
Bring back Acorn Antiques' Gym and Leisure Centre!!

Comments

• Options
    BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And it took them all of 5 minutes to build as well:D Can't see the gym being there long term to be honest..maybe we can have Karl back for a bit to burn it down so comlubo Dev can come back;)
  • Options
    Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, its shit!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gail's their best customer, she's never out of the place.

If she's not on the rowing machine, she's skulking round corners keeping a lustful eye on her crush Nick.

She'll be heartbroken and at a right loose end when some bugger burns the place down.
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,992
    Forum Member
    When Leanne waited for Kal outside the gym the entrance looked huge and was lit up. Is it in Coronation St? I can't place it in relation to the Kabin and Rovers
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes that entrance did look much bigger than the exterior on the old set.
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,992
    Forum Member

If she's not on the rowing machine, she's skulking round corners keeping a lustful eye on her crush Nick.

She'll be heartbroken and at a right loose end when some bugger burns the place down.

It was funny when Kal was goading Nick and Gail was right next to them on the machine. When she turned to look and asked if Kal was always shouty I thought she was some way off talking to Sharif or herself - then Nick answered her :D
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd join in the hopes that one day I could look as portly and unfit as that Kal bloke who owns it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shanders wrote: »
    Yes that entrance did look much bigger than the exterior on the old set.

That entrance is bigger than the gym itself.
    Folk must be right disappointed when they get inside and all they've got are two rowing machines and an old man behind a counter ogling everybody.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Folk must be right disappointed when they get inside and all they've got are two rowing machines and an old man behind a counter ogling everybody.

Ha ha! So true!
  • Options
    kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine walking in to the smell of Gail Platt's sweaty pits :D Jesus. I've lived in some tiny communities and even the gym there was three times the size (and you didn't have everyone at reception staring at you!)
  • Options
    _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lmao at the posts on this thread. The whole gym situation is so ridiculous :p
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Give it a year before Kal and Dev have money problems and it gets converted into a Poundland.
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I laughed at that scene.
    Everything is crowded in together.
    When Nick knocked Steve down he fell amongst the machines.

What a health hazard - That and that old bloke ogling at reception !!
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    About as realistic as Walfords 1950s gym
  • Options
    Kirk AngelKirk Angel Posts: 4,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every scene in the gym I always think....dopey Jason Grimshaw did all THAT?!
  • Options
    ThamwetThamwet Posts: 2,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's got loads of potential for funny scenes, like Mary and Gail the other day lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kirk Angel wrote: »
    Every scene in the gym I always think....dopey Jason Grimshaw did all THAT?!

With no help either! He's a remarkable builder that Jason!
    Surprised we haven't seen him with his top off sweating down the gym yet. I thought he got free membership for building it.
  • Options
    edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm waiting to see if it suddenly extends into a warren of function rooms and annexes, like the Rovers always used to before the 1980s.
  • Options
    TheGreenManTheGreenMan Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And what's that weird/comical wheezing sound I've noticed in the background to quite a few scenes? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And what's that weird/comical wheezing sound I've noticed in the background to quite a few scenes? :)

that's Gail panting!
  • Options
    Leanne_Blake1Leanne_Blake1 Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I love this! Gail definitely has an unhealthy interest in her son. :o
  • Options
    luckylilaluckylila Posts: 3,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D But to be fair, the membership fees are less than £15 per month, so you'd probably expect a tiny crap gym for that money. The grand entrance is probably actually a bonus!

I wonder where they got that figure from? I know things are cheaper up North but gym memberships here start at around £35 per month.
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    luckylila wrote: »
    :D But to be fair, the membership fees are less than £15 per month, so you'd probably expect a tiny crap gym for that money. The grand entrance is probably actually a bonus!

I wonder where they got that figure from? I know things are cheaper up North but gym memberships here start at around £35 per month.

My gym is £10.99 a month :p But you only get those prices with one of the no thrills franchises (which is actually really good)
  • Options
    starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    My gym is £10.99 a month :p But you only get those prices with one of the no thrills franchises (which is actually really good)

what is that?
  • Options
    GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kal and his father have added absolutely nothing interesting to the show, I know it's been said a million times but it's just hilarious the way Kal was being painted as this fitness god, and then he took his shirt off... :blush: