Emily's house Corrie

2»

Comments

• sheltsshelts Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    summer_ste wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever heard Emily say a bad word about anyone.

Emily was certainly unimpressed when Eileen got together with Ernest's killer on his release.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Marcusjll wrote: »
    Woah.. really didn't think it appeared that little….. I really wish we'd see more of it and Emily, but sadly the actress is just too old to do that many scenes apparently :/

Hahahahahaha so funny :') But let's be honest, everyone loves Emily

I don't, I've never liked Emily. I thought she was horrible to Percy and she's horrible to Norris
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Norris is such an evil little weasel isn't he, when you think about it like.
    He turned up on the street back in the 90s with bugger all to his name, calling Derek Wilton "Dirk," in order to ingratiate himself, and slowly but surely has gotten his greedy little mitts onto properties belonging to two vulnerable old biddies.

First he relieved a sloshed Rita of her shop, then he swiped Emily's house out from under her.
    Now he probably has his beady eye on Mary's van as well I shouldn't wonder.

The only reason he gets away with it is because of who the 'victims' are.
    Nobody cares about Rita because she's a vicious old drunk, whilst everybody on the street absolutely abhors Bishop, the tight old bint who's never put her hand in her pocket to buy a round in her life.

As much as they despise Norris, they despise those two old crones more I suspect.
  • David the WavidDavid the Wavid Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Emily had signed her house over to (one of) Gail's evil husbands, the Norman Bates with a suitcase one. So how could she sell/hand it over to Norris?

This comes up a lot. It was sort-of dealt with after Richard's death:
    In 2002, Emily sold the house to Richard Hillman's company, Kellett Holdings, as part of an equity release scheme. Emily gave the £15,000 lump sum to her nephew Spider Nugent so that he could set up a juice bar in London, and continued on at No.3. Facing bankruptcy, Richard made two attempts on Emily's life, failing both times, and in 2003 he himself was drowned when he drove the Platts' people carrier into Weatherfield canal in a suicide bid, with Gail and the kids inside. All of the family except Richard escaped, but in the wake of his death Gail discovered the extent of his financial problems, and warned Emily that creditors could have a claim on her house. Ultimately, this proved not to be the case and the house either reverted to Emily's ownership, or Gail, as the only surviving director of Kellett Holdings, signed the house back over to her neighbour.
  • desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks David. A small thing but it really annoys me to have loose ends lying around my brain!

BTW, so, after the Hillman scare, she signs the house over to Norris, is she going a bit dolally or what? I hope not, who would look after every single kid on the Street if Emily is found non compos mentis?