ED memorial balloons

2»

Comments

• GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still had very little time for Gennie, though.

Hardly surprising though, seeing as Debbie has always been a self-centred cow.

Debbie's new tramp stamp?
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    There's a list at the bottom of the page here: http://emmerdale.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_6927_%2825th_July_2014%29

Harriet's wasn't very clear but it looked to me like it said 'Tim'?

I can't see a list on that link.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »

:D

Excellent, Gulfie!

You should post that to star in the next episode thread.
  • star89star89 Posts: 23,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D

Excellent, Gulfie!

You should post that to star in the next episode thread.

He bleeding well should not >:(:p
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    star89 wrote: »
    He bleeding well should not >:(:p

:D:D:D;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's too friendly looking for Debbie. Not evil enough.
    shanders wrote: »
    Nor can I.
  • rollockingbatrollockingbat Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shanders wrote: »
    Wyezed wrote: »
    Nor can I.

Bottom of the page under 'Notes'. This should be an easier link: http://emmerdale.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_6927_%2825th_July_2014%29#Notes
  • rollockingbatrollockingbat Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bottom of the page under 'Notes'. This should be an easier link: http://emmerdale.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_6927_%2825th_July_2014%29#Notes

Just been back on the page and it's not letting me view it now, it seems Wikia's having a problem, sorry!

Here's a copy and paste, not really worth the build up to it now :D:
    "The names on the memorial balloons in this episode were as follows:

Brenda Walker - Gennie Walker and Terry Woods
    Bob Hope - Viv Hope and Dawn Woods
    Zak Dingle - Butch Dingle
    Lisa Dingle - Ben Dingle
    Sam Dingle - Alice Dingle
    Katie Addyman - Gennie Walker
    Andy Sugden - 'Dad' for Jack Sugden
    Ashley Thomas - Daniel Thomas
    Dan Spencer - Sid
    Chas Dingle - Shadrach Dingle"
  • wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who was Ben DIngle that Lisa wrote on her balloon?
    I`m sure we will hear eventually who Sid was that Dan Spencer wrote on his balloon.
  • soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ben was the first of the Dingle clan to appear in Emmerdale in 1994 and is the son of Zak and Nellie, so the half brother of Belle and Cain. He died during a fight with the McAllisters son Luke but was later found to have a heart defect so the murder charge was dropped
  • abbottababbottab Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ben was the first of the Dingle clan to appear in Emmerdale in 1994 and is the son of Zak and Nellie, so the half brother of Belle and Cain. He died during a fight with the McAllisters son Luke but was later found to have a heart defect so the murder charge was dropped

Ohhhhh, the good old days! :)
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,136
    Forum Member
    glen20 wrote: »
    Nothing for Graham and Rachel?

Who exactly would remember them? Those that do, like Andy, probably don't want to remember them giving her affair with Jack and Graham being a psycho!
    $
    I thought ut was a really nice tounch and a subtle shout out to many deceased characters - Alan did seem to be the obvious omission but somebody might have had a balloon for him. The other one I noticed being missing was Zak's other son, the one that died in a fight with Luke McAllister back when the family first arrived.

ETA - I've just seen the rest of the thread and seen Ben has been mentioned and was on Lisa's balloon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Lol.. :-D :-D
  • abbottababbottab Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Who exactly would remember them? Those that do, like Andy, probably don't want to remember them giving her affair with Jack and Graham being a psycho!
    $
    I thought ut was a really nice tounch and a subtle shout out to many deceased characters - Alan did seem to be the obvious omission but somebody might have had a balloon for him. The other one I noticed being missing was Zak's other son, the one that died in a fight with Luke McAllister back when the family first arrived.

ETA - I've just seen the rest of the thread and seen Ben has been mentioned and was on Lisa's balloon.

It's a shame there wasn't one for Seth. :(
    Forum Member
    abbottab wrote: »
    It's a shame there wasn't one for Seth. :(

Yes, Seth is a notable omission but again, who is there that was really close to him?

If Betty, Pearl and Edna had been there they'd have covered Alan, Seth and people like Len probably.
  • wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you very much soapfan. It`s easy to see how you got your user name
    :)
    Forum Member
    Good job Jimmy King didn't go - he'd have lifted up into the air like Winnie the Poor with all his dead relatives!
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    Good job Jimmy King didn't go - he'd have lifted up into the air like Winnie the Poor with all his dead relatives!

Ha! Very funny!
  • PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,127
    Forum Member
    Can someone explain why they were doing this? Haven't seen the last couple of weeks of Emmerdale but don't mind spoilers
    Gennie's Anniversay.
  • PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,127
    Forum Member
    Yes, Seth is a notable omission but again, who is there that was really close to him?

If Betty, Pearl and Edna had been there they'd have covered Alan, Seth and people like Len probably.
    That's the problem with events like that....... there are always one or two people missed out. Know that it can't be helped really but is sad, more especiailly when the actor/actress themeselves no longer with us.
    It was quite a poignant bit in Emmerdale and I am so glad that they didn't go OTT with big balloons etc.
  • Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't properly watch ED in years, but why was Ben on Lisa's balloon? He was dead long before she even met Zak.
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sams said Alice.
    Forum Member
    I haven't properly watch ED in years, but why was Ben on Lisa's balloon? He was dead long before she even met Zak.

I know that was a little strange. I guess Zak wanted to remember both of them and she said she's hold one for him but you'd think Butch would have made more sense as she knew him.