Was the decision to keep Helen in through to the final justified?

13»

Comments

• muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kay2000 wrote: »
    I'm not even sure the whole nomination for eviction is fair, I get they as HMs should decide who they want to share their experience with, but I felt that there were some that were afraid to nominate for instance Ash, who did not take to well to being nominated by Jale and resorted to name calling. I doubt there would of been many that had the balls to nominate either Helen or Ash. I would prefer the HMs to nominate in private, where they can be honest in who they would like to see leave, it is them after all that has to live with these people 24/7.
    There were hardly any regular nomination weeks as it was. NO matter whether they have Power Housemates, or whatever - the idea of a PHM is a good one - I still think that housemates should nominate and the public evict, perhaps with one face-to-face but earlier in the process would have been better (before the newbies gave them an easy option).

All the swapping and changing of nominees really annoyed me. Nominate and evict, one thing I don't think should ever be messed about with. All this saving and swapping malarkey, it's ridiculous. I did like Swap and Save in BB11, but that was constant, they all knew it would happen and was the same every week.
  • KewpeeKewpee Posts: 50,976
    Forum Member
    I feel that we were robbed of a good HM in Ash, because of Helen's pass to the final. He was only ever a tag on one of her storylines throughout.

From the small amount of him we have seen, he has more positives about him than negatives IMO.

Shame really.
  • catsruscatsrus Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    No, Helen should not have been given the pass.
    She would have been the first out and lots of other HMs would have blossomed.
    Tamara and Winston might have developed further. Plus, Ash would have had a different showmance which would have been interesting. Kimberley might have got with him instead of "the leftover" Steven. Or maybe Zoe when she came in.
    Mark and Christopher might have had more chance to get to know each other without Helen poking her nose in.
    Danielle and Ashliegh would not have spent a month in trackie bottoms and very probably on the subject of Ashleigh, she MAY not still be there.
    Who knows what else would have been different without H's pass?

Also goes without saying that neither should poor Jale have been up for nomination every week.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kewpee wrote: »
    I feel that we were robbed of a good HM in Ash, because of Helen's pass to the final. He was only ever a tag on one of her storylines throughout.

From the small amount of him we have seen, he has more positives about him than negatives IMO.

Shame really.
    I agree with you :) Earlier on in the series I was saying I thought he had potential as a housemate; he never realised that potential, although he's obviously well-liked by all the housemates and a generally affable guy.
  • wordfromthewisewordfromthewise Posts: 2,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Immunity from eviction is sacred IMO and in no circumstances should it be granted for a whole series.Lazy and unthinking.

The cheap shot of letting housemates see what has been said about them in private has been repeated time and again this series which will surely have a damaging lasting negative impact on how contestants behave in the future.......

Last night seemingly because they have run out of ideas we effectively had housemates answering questions that would normally form part of their exit interviews......if BB makers can't think of anything to do surely the format is old enough and international enough for them to borrow successful ideas from past series rather than sacrificing the rapidly diminishing integrity of the show.
  • isoveliisoveli Posts: 1,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NO - not Helen, or anybody else either. I believe BB has been very dishonest this year. I don't hate Helen, even got somewhat to like her, but whoever might have got her treatment would most likely have been liked in the end - even Toyah.
  • SunnySunshineSunnySunshine Posts: 5,399
    Forum Member
    I understand that Helen is not a bad person, she's just got issues, but like the way the house is when Helen isn't in it.

I think Ash has suffered the most from her presence. He's a different fella when she's not around.