Lanzarote

chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
Forum Member
✭✭
Back to Lanzarote for an episode this year.

Steven Moffat says ... "The Doctor is returning to the scene of an old adventure - but there have been sinister changes since his last visit."

I would love it if that meant they're returning to the planet Sarn, and we'll have Peter Wyngarde and Barbara Shelley back! It probably just means Lanzarote itself though. Harrumph. :(

Comments

• adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Moff's words are unclear, probably deliberately so - the Who team is returning to Lanzarote. The Doctor is returning to the scene of a previous adventure.
    But the two statements are not necessarily connected... might be, might not be... however, the internet speculators will have lotsa fun, as usual. :D
  • tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed watching Planet of Fire, when it first came out on DVD. I got the POF DVD the day it was released. I'd never seen the story before then, apart from a few YouTube clips taken from an old VHS recording.

The scene where Turlough rescues Peri is good, but cringworthy too. Didn't Turlough's swimming trunks look funny! :D

The story overall, is excellent, with a great cast. The Master being shrunk was the Doctor's chance to get his own back. And he did! The Master, seemingly burning to death, but...No! Along he comes, to face the Sixth Doctor in Mark of the Rani. Damn! :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love it if that meant they're returning to the planet Sarn, and we'll have Peter Wyngarde and Barbara Shelley back!

Did you notice in the 2010 episode Amy's Choice, that the old peoples home was called Sarn? I did. Sarn Retirement Home, I think is what it said. I just did a google search and apprently, there is a Sarn Retirement Home in Bridgend, Wales. Wales is where they film a lot of DW these days.
  • daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does this mean we'll get Peri back in her bikini?! ;-)
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Wave at us from your location if that happens. :D
  • SatmanagerSatmanager Posts: 837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just the Doctor and Clara.
  • sheffieldersheffielder Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clara in a bikini? Ooh... please not Capaldi in tiny trunks though!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clara in a bikini? Ooh... please not Capaldi in tiny trunks though!

Would be nice if River Song was in the Lanzarote episode. Wouldn't mind seeing her in a bikini! :D
  • chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

(like)
  • doublefourdoublefour Posts: 5,978
    Forum Member
    tiggerpooh wrote: »

The scene where Turlough rescues Peri is good, but cringworthy too. Didn't Turlough's swimming trunks look funny!

Ha, it is cringeworthy. I laugh at the bit where he drops Peri on the bed and acts all bothered and put out by having to rescue her, yeah right! Those trunks :D

If they do get Peri back, please form an orderly queue to do the rescue her from drowning scene ;)
  • daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not sure if my arms are long enough......;-)
    doublefour wrote: »
    Ha, it is cringeworthy. I laugh at the bit where he drops Peri on the bed and acts all bothered and put out by having to rescue her, yeah right! Those trunks :D

If they do get Peri back, please form an orderly queue to do the rescue her from drowning scene ;)

Me first! :D

Yep, that scene always makes me chuckle too, wonder just how much Mark Strickson loved doing those scenes.....

:D
  • adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if my arms are long enough......;-)

Me first! :D

Yep, that scene always makes me chuckle too, wonder just how much Mark Strickson loved doing those scenes.....

:D

Wasn't a German nudist the first into the water to help Nicola? I believe he saw her 'drowning', wasn't aware it was staged and rushed to her rescue!