So will the Hunting ban now be repealed?

Comments

• Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the police need to get off their arses for it more.

edit: did you google?

They do in many areas, which is why I know about it.
  • JohnbeeJohnbee Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Foxes get ripped apart, and all in the name of entertainment for bloodthirsty people. Anyone not dressed in the hunting outfits that did the same thing with different animals, they'd be called scum and would probably be contacted by the RSPCA. Why should fox hunting with hounds be any different?

I for one am quite happy for the RSPCA to 'contact' fox hunters (whatever you mean by 'contact'). You seem unaware that in fact the RSPCA support fox hunting. Of course this is because they have been infiltrated and taken over by right wing hunting bigots.

So you say 'why should fox hunting be any different?' But of course nobody here says it should be different.

Fox hunting for fun with packs of dogs is cruel and nasty, done by people who have not properly grown up. The cruelty is actually secondary - I don't think they do it for cruelty, they do it for fun and excitement, it gives a point to a horse ride and is a joint social event.

But the question to be asked by 'bleeding heart lefties' like me is whether it is such a bad thing to do that those who take part should be punished with fines and imprisonment for further offences. Imprisoning people is also nasty and cruel.

People should be allowed to do what they want provided it does not interfere with other people's freedoms, property and well being. The further constraint is that it should not cross some (perhaps rather arbitrary) line of unpleasantness.
    Is foxhunting so bad that we should imprison people who do it? What about keeping a canary in a cage? What about some things done in pigeon racing? Are we in danger of looking too hard for things that other people do that we can gang up on them about?

Now a last thing. The fact is that it has been banned and that changes things a bit. Do I think that we should change the law to allow it? What is going to happen under the new government is that they won't change the law, they will just not pursue it. I don't like that either, the law should not effectively be allowed to be ignored because the PM's friends like riding and blowing horns.

So I think we were wrong to ban it but should not bring it back, and it should be made clear that it must be stopped or an example will be made of some people.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theres a petition going https://www.change.org/p/david-cameron-mp-keep-the-ban-on-fox-hunting-2

Please sign and share it with as many people as you can people

I knew the despicable man would be wanting to get the ban repealed as soon as he got his foot back in the door of No.10, shouldn't pressing issues be on his mind rather than bringing fox hunting back for the sake of a bunch of sick f*****s getting a kick out of torturing wildlife?

Why cant they be happy with scent hunting, they can still have their lousy tradition, except no wildlife will be ripped to shreds for entertainment, wait, thats it, they cant be entertained without a beautiful, timid and naturally shy iconic wild animal being chased to exhaustion then ripped to shreds
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As an aside what about Hare Coursing, the 'working class' end of hunting with dogs?

Equally vile. It being a posh sport isn't the reason for my hatred of fox hunting.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SCDchick wrote: »
    I knew the despicable man would be wanting to get the ban repealed as soon as he got his foot back in the door of No.10

If the despicable man wanted to get the ban repealed it would be a whipped vote.
  • TagletTaglet Posts: 20,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SCDchick wrote: »
    Why cant they be happy with scent hunting, they can still have their lousy tradition, except no wildlife will be ripped to shreds for entertainment, wait, thats it, they cant be entertained without a beautiful, timid and naturally shy iconic wild animal being chased to exhaustion then ripped to shreds

Oh I can see why a scent might be a bit dull when they are all used to chasing after live quarry. How about they use tory toffs as prey?
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taglet wrote: »
    Oh I can see why a scent might be a bit dull when they are all used to chasing after live quarry. How about they use tory toffs as prey?

No they will want the poor and benefit scroungers for that. Much more fun than letting them starve to death.
  • Monkey TennisMonkey Tennis Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot comprehend how anyone can tale pleasure in hunting any animal for so called 'sport', especially in what is supposed to be a modern progressive western society.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot comprehend how anyone can tale pleasure in hunting any animal for so called 'sport', especially in what is supposed to be a modern progressive western society.

I don't think hunting and Western society are connected in anyway.
  • nomad2kingnomad2king Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    Did that nugget come from the Hunt Alliance?
    News report, possibly involving the RSPB. It was a coastal area where flocks of birds stopped over, possibly to breed and nest.
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dog fighting is and remains a greater problem than fox hunting . We choose to completly ignore what's happening in every town in the UK

http://www.animal-rights-action.com/dog-fighting.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    Dog fighting is and remains a greater problem than fox hunting . We choose to completly ignore what's happening in every town in the UK

http://www.animal-rights-action.com/dog-fighting.html

Who is we?
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is we?

We as an outraged society against cruelty towards animals .
  • Monkey TennisMonkey Tennis Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think hunting and Western society are connected in anyway.

Well certain types of hunting remain legal in parts of the western world, and the thread relates to the hunting ban in the UK so there's there's a connection right there, but for argument's sake let's swop it for the word 'civilized' instead!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    We as an outraged society against cruelty towards animals .

I do think that as a society we can be hypocritical when it comes to animal welfare/cruelty, especially when it comes to farm animals and some wild animals, but I don't think society (apart from the scum involved) will turn a blind eye to dog fighting.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fox hunting is hugely expensive and has to be supported by land owners with plenty of spare room for stables, grazing and exercising. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but it suddenly occurred to me that there might be certain tax breaks involved somewhere along the line.

It makes me laugh when they try for public sympathy with the claim that thousands of dogs would have to be killed if hunting was banned, because they shoot them prematurely anyway.

It's a great way of ensuring that only a certain class of person gets to join their set, although every hunt probably sponsors one or two local tradesmen to push in front of the media when the need arises.

Its only purpose is to remind people what society was like under the feudal system.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well certain types of hunting remain legal in parts of the western world, and the thread relates to the hunting ban in the UK so there's there's a connection right there, but for argument's sake let's swop it for the word 'civilized' instead!

Ok I think civilised is a better term. When it comes to animal rights and hunting, I don't think that the western world is the beacon of how things should be. Hunting and fishing are a massive part of Scandinavian, Canadian, Australian etc cultures, far more so than the UK and these are widely considered to be some of the most advanced western societies.

Other parts of the world, such as in parts of India, Nepal or Bhutan may not be as developed as the West, but they tend to be more spiritual and have more respect for nature and animal life.
  • TagletTaglet Posts: 20,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    Fox hunting is hugely expensive and has to be supported by land owners with plenty of spare room for stables, grazing and exercising. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but it suddenly occurred to me that there might be certain tax breaks involved somewhere along the line.

It makes me laugh when they try for public sympathy with the claim that thousands of dogs would have to be killed if hunting was banned, because they shoot them prematurely anyway.

It's a great way of ensuring that only a certain class of person gets to join their set, although every hunt probably sponsors one or two local tradesmen to push in front of the media when the need arises.

Its only purpose is to remind people what society was like under the feudal system.

TBH hunting does cross the class system and I have known plenty of ordinary working people who have and do hunt (legally). All that you need is a horse and to be able to pay your cap at the hunt which I believe is about £40 per outing....there are no tax breaks that I am aware of.

If I wished to hunt I would just need to pay the cap and I am not remotely wealthy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taglet wrote: »

Now that would be justice, considering too how many humans they have killed with their despicable policies
  • DomJollyDomJolly Posts: 1,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this makes me so angry
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've read somewhere else that the SNP might not get to vote on this.
  • DomJollyDomJolly Posts: 1,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can anyone get enjoyment seeing a pack of dogs butchering a fox?

How is that even a sport?

Sadistic psychos
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DomJolly wrote: »

Sadistic psychos

I certainly wouldn't want anyone that takes part in fox hunting around any young member of my family.
  • PolominiPolomini Posts: 533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »

The land owners who support the hunts are mostly the farmers whose land they ride over. In the old, fox-hunting, days this was a mutually beneficial arrangement - the farmers got their land rid of the foxes and their deadstock went to the hunt kennels to feed the hounds, and the hunt had the land to ride over.

Most hunts supporters, both riders and foot-followers, come from a wide range of backgrounds - it's by no means just "toffs". It doesn't have to be hugely expensive to join a hunt, as Taglet has pointed out.
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DomJolly wrote: »

Sadistic psychos

It's not.

No matter how much they dress it up as a well loved 'tradition' it is sadism pure and simple.