Comments

• Options
    bitchboybluebitchboyblue Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The FBI wrote: »
    Really like ricky.

Like kylie but at least Jessie sang live

You clearly have no idea about live singing as kylie sang everything live, and virtually never mimes. She has a few vocal flaws which are very noticeable, such as her habit of slipping into a nasal tone. However her duet with Jamie was pretty good. She is never, and will never be a vocal gymnast ala Mariah or Celine, but sometimes a fairly simple pop voice can be more effective for me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's funny reading comments rubbishing Kylie as a singer, when she has had a very long and highly successful recording and performing career! Her concerts are always a sell-out, and she is a fantastic performer, all round.

I prefer Kylie to Jessie as a coach, she is warm and funny, whereas Jessie was too much up her own backside, even if she is good at the warbling stuff. Kylie kept things light and not too serious, unlike Jessie J who was far too intense and stroppy.

I like Ricky very much, and probably prefer him to Danny because he really does seem to care about his acts and looked genuinely disappointed when they didn't win. He never put on an arrogant air of 'I'm all technical and brilliant, and know more than the general public' - he came over as very down to earth, knowledgable but not in any way superior.
  • Options
    Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Danny and Ricky equally - wish they could both do it, but it wouldn't be balanced. Kylie had a better chemistry with the other coaches than Jessie, who always tended to be overly earnest trying to prove how good her judgement was. So the whole atmosphere was more fun and relaxed.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    Sheikaman wrote: »
    It's funny reading comments rubbishing Kylie as a singer, when she has had a very long and highly successful recording and performing career! Her concerts are always a sell-out, and she is a fantastic performer, all round.

I prefer Kylie to Jessie as a coach, she is warm and funny, whereas Jessie was too much up her own backside, even if she is good at the warbling stuff. Kylie kept things light and not too serious, unlike Jessie J who was far too intense and stroppy.

I like Ricky very much, and probably prefer him to Danny because he really does seem to care about his acts and looked genuinely disappointed when they didn't win. He never put on an arrogant air of 'I'm all technical and brilliant, and know more than the general public' - he came over as very down to earth, knowledgable but not in any way superior.
    BIB - So have Cheryl Cole, Britney Spears, and Will.i.am.

I like Ricky very much too. On balance, I prefer Danny, but | have no complaints about his replacement.
  • Options
    Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Prefer ricky over Danny but preferred Jessie over kylie who is a dreadful mentor

I thought Kylie would be the winning mentor this series, but looks like I was wrong. It is her first series though to be fair, so maybe she will do better next time. She still has the voice aussie show to do, so will probably do better on that.
  • Options
    christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love Ricky and Kylie, I wasn't keen on Jessie and Danny at all.