This is how it's gonna go right!?

blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,001
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It's so obvious that Pixie, Jake or Frankie will win Strictly Come Dancing.
Pixie or Jake will win it.
Frankie will come 3rd.
Thats a pretty solid top 3. I can't see anything breaking that.

Either Simon, Mark or Caroline will take the final spot if its a four person final or come 4th.
I think Simon probably has the best chance going on the last two weeks.

Sunearta(sp) and Steve are not in the race as far as i am concerned.

NO SPOILER HERE. The evicted contestants name is left in here anyway so do not worry. My prediction was based on BEFORE i read the spoiler so not to worry no hints here at all.:D

I had this all pegged weeks ago. I'm just glad Thom's not in it, never liked him. It's nice that Mark and Simon have improved so much.

What a race this year though, it's so obvious but really it could be anyone's game so much more exciting. Last years All Female final was amazing too - it really was just neck and neck.

Comments

• David WaineDavid Waine Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You will really upset the Pixie haters by predicting that she will be in the top two - but that's all right by me. I hope she wins it.
  • ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pixie won't win - she's the best dancer.
  • miavivmiaviv Posts: 3,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would much prefer either Mark or Simon in the final as their improvement should earn one of them a place. The ones cited by the PM are just as good now as when they started, what's the point in that?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bit inconsiderate to spell Sunetra's name incorrectly in this post and the identical post in the spoiler thread (although you spelled it differently in that one).

As it is spelled phonetically and the correct spelling is all over these threads it wouldn't take more than a second to check. I'm just a bit of a stickler for these things.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    miaviv wrote: »
    Would much prefer either Mark or Simon in the final as their improvement should earn one of them a place. The ones cited by the PM are just as good now as when they started, what's the point in that?

The point being, I suppose, that any competition should be won by the best participant - who is not necessarily the one who improved the most. Would anybody think it odd for, say, Usain Bolt to have his 100 metres medal taken from him and awarded to a rival who had improved more than he had, but come second? I also disagree with your assertion that the best dancers have not improved over the weeks. I think they all have.
  • miavivmiaviv Posts: 3,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The point being, I suppose, that any competition should be won by the best participant - who is not necessarily the one who improved the most. Would anybody think it odd for, say, Usain Bolt to have his 100 metres medal taken from him and awarded to a rival who had improved more than he had, but come second? I also disagree with your assertion that the best dancers have not improved over the weeks. I think they all have.

You're right of course but I know what the competition means for me and it's the most improved and by the end very good contestant who I root for. Chris Hollins wasn't that type of winner for me but that's usually what we get in the end I think.
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Steve will be out next, Sunetra will follow, then Mark, then Simon, Caroline will come fourth in the final, Pixie and Frankie will be the joint runners-up and Jake will win.

Or something.
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But Usain Bolt is competing against people who have undergone the same training programme as him for the best part of 15 years, not just some one who rocked up from the Dad's race to give the Olympics a bit of a go.
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's so obvious that Pixie, Jake or Frankie will win Strictly Come Dancing.
    Pixie or Jake will win it.
    Frankie will come 3rd.
    Thats a pretty solid top 3. I can't see anything breaking that.

Either Simon, Mark or Caroline will take the final spot if its a four person final or come 4th.
    I think Simon probably has the best chance going on the last two weeks.

Sunearta(sp) and Steve are not in the race as far as i am concerned.

NO SPOILER HERE. The evicted contestants name is left in here anyway so do not worry. My prediction was based on BEFORE i read the spoiler so not to worry no hints here at all.:D

I had this all pegged weeks ago. I'm just glad Thom's not in it, never liked him. It's nice that Mark and Simon have improved so much.

What a race this year though, it's so obvious but really it could be anyone's game so much more exciting. Last years All Female final was amazing too - it really was just neck and neck.

I think Pixie and Jake are near enough certainties for the final. Judges choice and viewers choice respectively. But I think the third place is up for grabs. Simon has improved enormously, Caroline doesn't do a lot wrong, but may not have the public support. Frankie is technically superb most weeks, but can come across as rather dull. Mark has improved, but I get the feeling he'll be a rather marmite character with the public..his association with Towie won't help.
  • posiepebblesposiepebbles Posts: 1,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reserved wrote: »

The best dancer has won quite a few times - not always, I grant you. But Kara, Alesha, Ramps, Jill (that one is arguable as Denise was great too), Harry (although I was supporting Chelsee, he did better in the final), hell, even Natasha (best of a bad bunch).

And, to me, the jury is still out on whether Pixie is the best dancer anyway. A couple of the others have come on in leaps and bounds and could potentially catch up or even overtake her.
  • Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frankie is the best dancer but Kevin not good with routines.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aggs wrote: »
    But Usain Bolt is competing against people who have undergone the same training programme as him for the best part of 15 years, not just some one who rocked up from the Dad's race to give the Olympics a bit of a go.

The one who came second would have had much the same training. That does not negate my point.
  • Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reserved wrote: »

I don't think that will matter this year as so many of the contestants had previous. It's only when there is an extreme imbalance between participants that the general audience get tetchy and tend to go for the underdog.

I appreciate that as the years have gone on, the judges have mellowed their bias of technique over entertainment factor that they once had. I think that's a good thing. After all, we are repeatedly told that certain techniques take years to master, so it is only fair a virtual handicap, such as is given in golf, for example, is applied on the show.
  • cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now that Judy is gone, Steve and Sunetra are the 'cannon fodder', and once they're gone I would expect Mark, Simon and possibly Caroline to both be in trouble. Pixie might be in the dance-off in the semi-finals, seeing off one of those three, and I'd expect Jake and Frankie to sail through to the final without fear of the bottom two.
  • davegolddavegold Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon, Caroline, and Mark are good enough to gather some public votes and if they do they can sneak into a final and then all bets are off. Abbey Clancy looked like the least popular of the last 4 celebs last year and then turned it all around in the final.
  • Cheryl423Cheryl423 Posts: 1,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's impossible to predict. What seems certain now, could change in an instant. Injury. Illness. Things happen!
  • Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,916
    Forum Member
    *waves tiny "Go Sunetra!" flag, blows party horn sadly*
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    I feel increasingly convinced that Frankie is going to win this. Pixie in the final yes, but not a winner. Jake will probably be in the final as well although I'm not 100% sure, with Caroline the most likely to take 4th place although I certainly wouldn't rule out Mark. I personally hope Simon goes soon as I can't warm to him and he still looks very flat footed at times! Steve & Sunetra don't look like contenders anymore IMO but you never know....

Oh and out of the top few, I feel that Pixie has improved a lot; compare her week 1 performance to her Paso last week for example. I'm not so sure that Frankie has gone forwards but I can't help but feel she is going to be getting more votes as she seems to annoy people less for some reason!
  • *Venetia**Venetia* Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Jake is topping the public vote, if he makes it past the judges final cut (semis?), I think he will win.
    Not sure Pixie is as popular with the public as the other girls, so could see her eliminated before them actually.
    When do the judges stop having a say?
  • Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,916
    Forum Member
    *Venetia* wrote: »
    I think Jake is topping the public vote, if he makes it past the judges final cut (semis?), I think he will win.
    Not sure Pixie is as popular with the public as the other girls, so could see her eliminated before them actually.

The last dance off is in the Semis, so unless Pixie's in the dance off with Frankie, or has a meltdown in a dance off against someone else, she's literally guaranteed to make the final, as the judge's'll save her in all other situations.
  • Cal ChristopherCal Christopher Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    I think Frankie is bound for the final even if she ends up stuck in the bottom two every week from here on out.

The only contestant that could even potentially knock Frankie out would be Pixie. But even then in the bottom two I'd see Craig saving Pixie as he seems to really enjoy her dancing, I think Darcey has a small disliking towards Pixie and would save Frankie, Bruno would save whoever danced better in the dance-off and Len would almost definitley save Frankie as he absolutely adores her!

My Predictions for the coming weeks:
    Week 9 - Sunetra & Brendan Vs Steve & Ola
    Week 10 - Simon & Kristina Vs Sunetra & Brendan
    Week 11 - Caroline & Pasha Vs Mark & Karen
    Week 12 - Pixie & Trent Vs Simon & Kristina
    Fourth - Caroline & Pasha
    Third - Pixie & Trent
    Second - Jake & Janette
    First - Frankie & Kevin

*italic represents who left the competition.
  • Matt&AlionaFanMatt&AlionaFan Posts: 975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Venetia* wrote: »

The judges only stop having a say in the final. Their scores are only for reference the placings of the top four is all on viewers votes. :)

Go Pixie and Trent. I want a Teamtrixie win. :D
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would think Mark, Steve and Sunetra will be out next. Caroline and Simon could be in trouble though, with Pix a possible shock bottom two dweller. I think Jake is nailed on to win though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    If Pixie ever beats Jake in a dance-off then it is going to be Austin vs NotClooney all over again. I don't like the dance-off anyway but they should definitely abolish it at the quarter-final stage and let the public have the final they want.
  • RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Jake gets to the final, which I think he will, then the showdance is going to be massive crowd pleaser and he and Janette will win.