Fine example of how thick Nikki is....

Comments

• bjorkfanbjorkfan Posts: 4,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wotnot wrote:
    See now I think you are wrong. All Nikki really wants out of life is a rich husband and a life of complete luxury. She doesn't really want fame like the likes of Imogen or Mikey (just using their example because they are both wannabe models) because that would mean working and I don't think Nikki really wants to work for a living (are you mad?!).

There WILL be a rich man somewhere who wants a trophy wife, who wants a wife that will gain HIM some recognition and like it or not Nikki will bring him this. From then on Nikki will be happy as larry lying by a pool on her umpteenth holiday that year sipping champagne cocktails and ordering her maid around, she will then have her version of TRUE HAPPINESS. It may be shallow but that's Nikki all over to be honest and she's no different to the rest of them in there.
    Hey NO I'm right!! Nikki herself has "modelled" (ahem) and her ability to become a "trophy" wife must seriously be in jeapourdy since well everyone knows what she's like. If I were a premier footballer and had to choose (such is life eh!) between the likes of Tweedy say or Nikki who would I choose?
    OK it's not that easy but you know what I mean ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bjorkfan wrote:
    Well I can't say I agree with you, but I'm at least enjoying the debate going on here because of the lack of name calling usually associated with the Nikki, Ais eviction contest.
    Actually they were representative figures not entirely my "heroes" Elvis for one passes me by entirely. I guess I was too young to "get it" at the time or something.
    I think heroes become transfixed in our early teens say if you were about 14 to 18 in 1976 you'd probably be more likely to hook into the sex pistols rather than say if you were thirty.
    It doesn't hold true entirely I know but generally it does.
    Oh yeah the substance abuse and incredible egos are pretty much intertwined with the whole thing but in a way what you high-lighted there also proves my point.
    Using Elvis as an example- he set off in the late fifties and toured America ripping the place apart with his glorious talent and sexual energy. At that time he was truly a hero of his generation but once he hit thirty, albeit with a massive bank balance, his career was more cabaret than rock n'roll, he'd burned out and trod water for much of the rest of his life. The fact that all this happened and was repeated ad-nauseam with Hendrix, Joplin, Jim Morrison etc doesn't detract from the fact that he (and they) were born with fire in their bellies and a desire to change something, create something and run with it. Of course adulthood comes along and you realise that endless nights in grotty towns playing to the same tired audiences surrounded by sycophants isn't what you really wanted in the first place.
    So how does that apply to Nikki?
    Well there's no talent, no fire in her belly, no thirst for the hard work and determination to succeed. Her only connection to any one I have metioned is the over inflated ego, demanding and petulant behaviour. People love(d) Elvis for his talent but in ten years time who'll love a mid thirties Nikki deluded and stroppy as she walks round Tesco proclaiming "I'm Nikki from BB- you have to serve me now"!!

I guess you could say my point is that when I talk of my heroes... they've all come from something... whether it be their own personal demons and egotistical behaviors... whatever... I would never trust someone's journey if they didn't have something to overcome. Nikki's still young and she has time for change... I just see her more than just one dimensional and I respect much of how she tries to figure stuff out in her mind...even when she says that she's wrong the majority of the time... I just feel that she has had a bad go, because people were tired of her attitude. She's stayed in true form and I can only respect that even at times when I cringe.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bjorkfan wrote:
    Hey NO I'm right!! Nikki herself has "modelled" (ahem) and her ability to become a "trophy" wife must seriously be in jeapourdy since well everyone knows what she's like. If I were a premier footballer and had to choose (such is life eh!) between the likes of Tweedy say or Nikki who would I choose?

I have to agree. Maybe that's why I wish for her and Pete to have more of relationship... I believe he's good for her and shows her unconditional love
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    hi im new :o
    Maybe there is something in all of us that wishes that we could get away with such nonsense... perhaps we may be jealous that someone lik Nikki can get away with so much while we comply and our conditioned in our own lives...there's something to be said about people that don't care and follow the grain... is this perhaps why so many are upset at Nikki... cuz really we wish to some degree that we didn't follow the norm? Just a thought

It's mainly to do with the housemates themselves and their own tolerance towards annoying people. Aisleyne seems the only person to have told 'lil Nikki how she feels and look at the consequences: constant sob stories and 'feeling scared'. She's unpredictable and likely to go off at any time, that's why they let her get on with it.

she's stuck in a mentality where "i don't feel well today mummy :cry: " has gotten her what she's wanted and now thinks :cry: sympathy gets her everywhere in life.
    spoilt girls are all like that. then they go looking for a 'rich guy' because the parents can't give them a million £ to spend on knickers and hats :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    petite6 wrote:
    who are we to say what's to be tolerated?
    We are society. Society agrees on norms of behaviour that we all must abide by for the common good.

It might be daring and avant garde to step outside these norms, but it's also anti-social; thus society rejects the oddball with a perceived combined force that exceeds the initial transgression of the norms.

BB is all about this social reaction, both in the house, where we see people's reactions to what they experience, and outside the house, where people react with a more complete (if not full) understanding of the HMs behaviour.
  • wotnotwotnot Posts: 9,565
    Forum Member
    bjorkfan wrote:

Don't be such a pessimist, there's someone for everybody besides I wasn't thinking of a footballer, more like a middleaged millionaire (maybe even an elderly one - Sven??! :eek: )

I do still think that money and an easy pampered life will mean happiness in Nikki world.

I like Nikki btw, I just see her for what she is ;)
    Forum Member
    MrPogo wrote:

Hello and welcome :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petite6 wrote:
    I guess you could say my point is that when I talk of my heroes... they've all come from something... whether it be their own personal demons and egotistical behaviors... whatever... I would never trust someone's journey if they didn't have something to overcome. Nikki's still young and she has time for change... I just see her more than just one dimensional and I respect much of how she tries to figure stuff out in her mind...even when she says that she's wrong the majority of the time... I just feel that she has had a bad go, because people were tired of her attitude. She's stayed in true form and I can only respect that even at times when I cringe.
    Yes indeed each of them have had demons to overcome it's true, but Nikki's demons have no counterbalance. She has no artistic outlet to diffuse her anger and frustration just a shallow and meaningless existence.
    Nikki is 24. I think that by the time you reach 30 you are what you made of yourself and no longer can you reach back and say "I could've been this or that but for- my parents, my school etc" Nikki is 6 year away from that milestone and I don't see her progressing.
    OK her take on herself, when she admits to her failings is endearing and for that I like her. Before all the anti Ais rubbish where she seems to have lost the plot entirely, I was amused by her and was able to laugh at her OTT strops. The problem now of course is that we see less of that behaviour and more of the bitchiness and spiteful lying characteristic of Grace, and that's not a good comparison.
    Without Lea, without Jayne she would've been friends with Ais and her behaviour would improve I am certain of it because, whatever her faults, the one thing you can say about Ais is that given the chance she brings the best out of people. Imo and Mikey for example are barely recognisable from the dull sidekicks in the Grace and Lisa show of just a few weeks ago.
    The tragedy is of course that this Fri one of them will be going and so we'll never know what would've happened. If Nikki says she will be ruined entirely by her own smug self-belief and Jaynes awful sycophancy
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrPogo wrote:

I'm so sorry. Just step away now before it's too late ;)
    Forum Member
    bjorkfan wrote:
    MrPogo wrote:

I'm so sorry. Just step away now before it's too late ;)

Did you purp (fart, for the less polite) :confused:
  • fruitbatfruitbat Posts: 4,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soapsrus wrote:
    Another HM maybe, but Nikki using satire - she'd struggle with the definition, let alone the use of it too!

Hi, I totally disagree, Nikki uses satire all the time - some people take her way too seriously.

FB
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wotnot wrote:
    Don't be such a pessimist, there's someone for everybody besides I wasn't thinking of a footballer, more like a middleaged millionaire (maybe even an elderly one - Sven??! :eek: )

I do still think that money and an easy pampered life will mean happiness in Nikki world.

I like Nikki btw, I just see her for what she is ;)
    Haha well yeah you're probably right about that but Sven swap Nancy for little Nikki- are you mad?!!
    Tied to a (are we talking mid forties plus) businessman say, rich or no isn't the life that she craves, well not entirely. It's all those things of course but she also wants the glamour of a fit footballer to lead her out to mingle with the jet-set.
    Canapes with the Dunnings of Droyden (who are in double-glazing) just isn't Nikki ;)
    Well I never really liked Nikki, someone so shallow I'm afraid just passes me by but she has amused me with her comic-strops only now I think she does need to go.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wotnot wrote:
    bjorkfan wrote:

Did you purp (fart, for the less polite) :confused:
    Ha ha can ya smell it yet? :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OFFCENTRE wrote:
    But she doesn't think she should wash the dishes because she is superior to all of them. They are just peasants! I think she is the most cunning HM left. :mad: :mad: :mad:

again, you have missed, the satire and humour in her Diary Room rants.

FB
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrPogo wrote:

It's mainly to do with the housemates themselves and their own tolerance towards annoying people. Aisleyne seems the only person to have told 'lil Nikki how she feels and look at the consequences: constant sob stories and 'feeling scared'. She's unpredictable and likely to go off at any time, that's why they let her get on with it.
    Yes but Ash was guilty of the same thing. They are all guilty for talking about one another. Its just easy to pick on Nikki...I just know that there could be some understanding between the girls... you do realize that people would rather take the attention off themselves to ensure a fight with someone that they know doesn't like another person... Look at Richard and the food situation with Nikki... NIkki was right to believe that Richard could have handled the situation differently, but he chose not to because he prides himself on being right and honest. Nikki senses people's behaviors it may be why she's having such a hard time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bjorkfan wrote:
    Haha well yeah you're probably right about that but Sven swap Nancy for little Nikki- are you mad?!!
    Tied to a (are we talking mid forties plus) businessman say, rich or no isn't the life that she craves, well not entirely. It's all those things of course but she also wants the glamour of a fit footballer to lead her out to mingle with the jet-set.
    Canapes with the Dunnings of Droyden (who are in double-glazing) just isn't Nikki ;)
    Well I never really liked Nikki, someone so shallow I'm afraid just passes me by but she has amused me with her comic-strops only now I think she does need to go.

Nooooooooooooooo, you can't wish that horrible little man on the lovely Nikki. Talking about people who get overpaid for nothing - well IMO he takes the biscuit :mad: .

FB
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fruitbat wrote:
    Hi, I totally disagree, Nikki uses satire all the time - some people take her way too seriously.

FB
    Hiya FB, Can't say I agree with what you say most of the time but at least on this I do agree, well sort of. (damn I was trying to be a bit more conciliatory).
    Do any of the HM (apart from Jenni- bright as a button that one) know what satire means? I think Nikki works on instinct rather than a calculated use of satire and that's why she has been hilarious sometimes and at other times just nasty.
    Peter Cook would combine the two effortlessly- now that is satire ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fruitbat wrote:
    Nooooooooooooooo, you can't wish that horrible little man on the lovely Nikki. Talking about people who get overpaid for nothing - well IMO he takes the biscuit :mad: .

FB
    Right back at yer ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bjorkfan wrote:
    Hiya FB, Can't say I agree with what you say most of the time but at least on this I do agree, well sort of. (damn I was trying to be a bit more conciliatory).
    Do any of the HM (apart from Jenni- bright as a button that one) know what satire means? I think Nikki works on instinct rather than a calculated use of satire and that's why she has been hilarious sometimes and at other times just nasty.
    Peter Cook would combine the two effortlessly- now that is satire ;)

bjorkman,

ah, but Peter Cook never had to survive in the BB House ;) . Nikki, I think I read, has had drama training - if this is the case, then I am sure they would have studied the use of satire.

Those were the days, the subtleties of Dudley and Peter, as opposed to the "in your face humour" of today.

FB
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bjorkfan wrote:
    Right back at yer ;)

oy, I don't get paid at all :cry:.

FB
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fruitbat wrote:
    bjorkman,

ah, but Peter Cook never had to survive in the BB House ;) . Nikki, I think I read, has had drama training - if this is the case, then I am sure they would have studied the use of satire.

Those were the days, the subtleties of Dudley and Peter, as opposed to the "in your face humour" of today.

FB
    Aye, that and y'could leave your door open of a night lad
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fruitbat wrote:
    oy, I don't get paid at all :cry:.

FB
    OK I meant vice-versa, Nikki- Sven - Sven Nikki who would wish one on the other?
    Answers on a postcard please.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ear1grey wrote:
    We are society. Society agrees on norms of behaviour that we all must abide by for the common good.

It might be daring and avant garde to step outside these norms, but it's also anti-social; thus society rejects the oddball with a perceived combined force that exceeds the initial transgression of the norms.

BB is all about this social reaction, both in the house, where we see people's reactions to what they experience, and outside the house, where people react with a more complete (if not full) understanding of the HMs behaviour.
    And how did we overcome majority thinking with minority beliefs (ie slavery, women's rights and suffrage, civil rights movement) What may be norm to some is norm for one... we just need to stop this dismissive attitude and self-righteousness behavior we have grown accustomed to having. Nikki exists exactly how society has made her. Capitalism is our moral code.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Nikki's inability to apply herself, by her own admission she can't hold a job down, I would be surprised if she got through a full day in drama classes.
    I don't think "Footballers wives" would've been on the curriculum somehow :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bjorkfan wrote:
    Well Nikki's inability to apply herself, by her own admission she can't hold a job down, I would be surprised if she got through a full day in drama classes.
    I don't think "Footballers wives" would've been on the curriculum somehow :rolleyes:
    I'd agree, but Nikki is who she is you either love her or hate her... just don't dismiss her...