Options

Emmerdale: Aaron Livesy and Robert Sugden Appreciation Thread (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    andy614andy614 Posts: 45,259
    Forum Member
    I do think she had more of an idea than certainly Aaron thought, and that he will not be happy about it and make things worse and possibly deter her from helping him get justice. I can see it going like that.

Then there might be a whole thing about whether she will turn up to be a witness or whatever when the trial comes.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe she suspected but did nothing.
  • Options
    sderr123sderr123 Posts: 13,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Sandra must know something, because otherwise how do you ever get Gordon. If we think he doesn't see what he did as wrong I don't see him confessing. He told Chas he did it without using those words. He's very calculating. So even if you recorded an admission like that I'm not sure what good it would do. Sandra must be the key to all this. That's why they want to find her.
  • Options
    FhionnuisceFhionnuisce Posts: 6,717
    Forum Member
    andy614 wrote: »
    I do think she had more of an idea than certainly Aaron thought, and that he will not be happy about it and make things worse and possibly deter her from helping him get justice. I can see it going like that.

Then there might be a whole thing about whether she will turn up to be a witness or whatever when the trial comes.

Yea it may well depend on how they finished. Do we know that?

If it was bad cos Gordon left her, then she might be happy to do anything that hurts him. The risk is that if she now realises old doubts falling into place, she could exaggerate and then get found out in a trial, so that she is not believed at all. On the other hand she might actually still want him back (strange but possible) so whatever suspicions she has, she won't say anything against him.

There's bound to be some complication to have her back in the sl now :o
  • Options
    Mie_AndreasenMie_Andreasen Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    sderr123 wrote: »
    I think Sandra must know something, because otherwise how do you ever get Gordon. If we think he doesn't see what he did as wrong I don't see him confessing. He told Chas he did it without using those words. He's very calculating. So even if you recorded an admission like that I'm not sure what good it would do. Sandra must be the key to all this. That's why they want to find her.

Surely if Sandra knew something she would join Gordon in jail wouldn't she?
    But if she didn't know anything specific but could back up Aarons story (lots of rows, temperamental Gordon etc.) that would be a better alternative...
  • Options
    wiggles247wiggles247 Posts: 48,088
    Forum Member
    I don't know you go away (or home-home if I'm being strictly accurate*) for the weekend and you get back to find the thread's reached another mildstone (and part 6 too - my favourite of the single digit numbers :)!)

So my random thoughts on everything I've caught up on, re:

Aaron and Robert being 'just friends' -actually think this is a good thing = will give them a chance to build a really solid foundation to their relationship which, after everything (with the two of them and Aaron and Robert separately) is, to my mind, really necessary. And I have absolutely no doubt they will be together-together at some point :) so am not really bothered how long it takes them to get there

other Emmerdale threads - I do post on them and have never have had any issues but them I'm also not one to take offence at people who hold different views to me (or to be insulting about other posters) and tend to ignore comments which I think have been made deliberately to inflame things (because by responding you are simply feeding the fire, whereas if you don't answer them then they are essentially shouting in the wind)

Also, love the video that someone's (sorry I can't remember who) son made using the Rachel Platten sing - was really great. Please tell him to carry on the good work

And, I realise, totally off topic but does anyone know if the actor who plays Pete is doing anything else while he's not in the show - another programme, a play??? Cos, I'm imagining David's gone to Portugal to allow for Matthew's paternity leave and was just wondering if Anthony had asked for a break for any reason

* which I obviously am:blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sandra may not have known, but may have suspected back then or thought certain things but didn't actually realise at the time.

I was also wondering about Anthony's break...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely if Sandra knew something she would join Gordon in jail wouldn't she?
    But if she didn't know anything specific but could back up Aarons story (lots of rows, temperamental Gordon etc.) that would be a better alternative...

All depends on what she knew. I don't see Gordon making a direct confession to her. I think she could offer a lot more circumstantial evidence that something very serious happened.

We'll have to see. Isn't Robert supposed to be worried about Aaron right after he sees Sandra. Something tells me this meeting isn't going to go well.
  • Options
    AmyEWrightAmyEWright Posts: 3,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of topic but I've been watching the scenes when Gordon come back. I still think he called the police on Aaron for the warehouse robbery, messed up the alibi on purpose and deliberately left his wallet and scarf so he could come and get them. We know he is that calculating. Do you think ED will ever come back to that? Or the scene on Christmas Day when Chas calls Gordon and he was on the bridge (that's near Paddy's) looking shifty.

Back on topic. I'm sure Sandra must know more than she's saying or than Aaron thinks she does. It's a bit of coincidence that Sandra left not long after Aaron did.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suppose we have to remember that Aaron did hit Sandra, so she probably isn't going to be pleased to see him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AmyEWright wrote: »
    Of topic but I've been watching the scenes when Gordon come back. I still think he called the police on Aaron for the warehouse robbery, messed up the alibi on purpose and deliberately left his wallet and scarf so he could come and get them. We know he is that calculating. Do you think ED will ever come back to that? Or the scene on Christmas Day when Chas calls Gordon and he was on the bridge (that's near Paddy's) looking shifty.

Back on topic. I'm sure Sandra must know more than she's saying or than Aaron thinks she does. It's a bit of coincidence that Sandra left not long after Aaron did.

Maybe Gordon encouraged his son's involvement with the police in order to purposely diminish Aaron's credibility. He knows what he's done and that likely Aaron might say something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Gordon encouraged his son's involvement with the police in order to purposely diminish Aaron's credibility. He knows what he's done and that likely Aaron might say something.

I thought it was because he was trying to push his back in with Chas but you could be right that he thought he might need it if Aaron ever spoke out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AmyEWright wrote: »
    I thought it was because he was trying to push his back in with Chas but you could be right that he thought he might need it if Aaron ever spoke out.

I read that somewhere that it is often a strategy of abusers to do stuff like that. We'll see what happens.
  • Options
    Binky321Binky321 Posts: 3,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did think at the time Gordon may have done it to hold it over Aaron's head and keep some control over him though I'm surprised it hasn't been brought up by Gordon at least.
  • Options
    Hugh_Jass1Hugh_Jass1 Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Waldito wrote: »
    Did you have to quote the pre-grammar check post :p ?

Just kidding. I've seen the picture and I can PM it if someone wants to see it, but I don't feel comfortable just posting it for everyone to see :s It's not something naughty or anything but it's no the kind of picture you want popping out in a google search of your name.

How come I can never find these things??? Lolz Now I'm really curious what it is! :D
  • Options
    LmackLmack Posts: 14,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it strange that Gordon wanted back with Chas at all-he showed how angry he was that she had left and was calling her heartless and weak.Maybe he didn't really want back with her though
  • Options
    WhatYouGonnaDo?WhatYouGonnaDo? Posts: 6,013
    Forum Member
    Lmack wrote: »
    I find it strange that Gordon wanted back with Chas at all-he showed how angry he was that she had left and was calling her heartless and weak.Maybe he didn't really want back with her though

maybe with her PTSD he thought she would be easy to control and manipulate this time around, a power crazed control freaks ideal partner
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes what is up with that. I still find it very strange that he admitted to Chas in that round about way that he abused Aaron. You think the best strategy would be to continue to lie even if Chas didn't believe him. Some people might have taken his side. Now no-one will.

Is he back just to hurt Chas and somehow get to Aaron?
  • Options
    Lucie_GirardLucie_Girard Posts: 36,092
    Forum Member
    Yes what is up with that. I still find it very strange that he admitted to Chas in that round about way that he abused Aaron. You think the best strategy would be to continue to lie even if Chas didn't believe him. Some people might have taken his side. Now no-one will.

Is he back just to hurt Chas and somehow get to Aaron?

I am wondering somehow if Gordon knew that he was meeting Diane at the hospital and made it like he didn't knew her.:confused:

I know impossible just thinking out loud.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am wondering somehow if Gordon knew that he was meeting Diane at the hospital and made it like he didn't knew her.:confused:

I know impossible just thinking out loud.

I have the same thoughts. Gordon seems.. I don't know there is something just not right with this.
  • Options
    LmackLmack Posts: 14,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought at the beginning that he was back to hurt Chas in some way and get revenge for her leaving etc but it doesn't seem to be that.But then he seemed so bitter at her so why would he want back with her,especially given what he's done to their son
  • Options
    amy_ryan1amy_ryan1 Posts: 8,093
    Forum Member
    I thought at the beginning that he was back to hurt Chas in some way and get revenge for her leaving etc but it doesn't seem to be that.But then he seemed so bitter at her so why would he want back with her,especially given what he's done to their son

I think all that was more about shifting blame on to Chas, he knew he wasn't convincing Chas so he wanted to fire things back at her, make it her fault.
    I also think he was serious about getting back with Chas & really believed he'd got away with what he'd done to Aaron.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah his all reasoning for coming back is kind of fishy :s maybe he really expect Aaron to not remember or to keep quite about it and he really wanted to get back with Chas, maybe he did """"""""""love""""""""" her. (And I use of all of those quotations marks because I don't believe that monster is capable of loving someone)

EDIT: ....and I just made my third post edit of the day because of grammar mistakes. That's it, I'm going to bed. :kitty:
  • Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow new thread!! :):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Gordon's kinda obsessed with Chas.. Everything with Aaron started when she left because he was devasted. In his head it's all Aaron's fault she left and he could use Aaron getting into trouble with the police to worm his way back in with her. He probably will blame Aaron for how it's turned out this time round too. It comes across to me like he tolerated Aaron because he needed to. Chas is why he come back. I don't believe he was sorry for what he did. He still thinks he didn't do anything wrong. He wanted Chas back and he thought he could still use his power and control over Aaron enough that Aaron wouldn't say anything. That with the fact he can easily discredit Aaron because he's 'messed up'. I guess he never saw him as a threat at all.
This discussion has been closed.