Options

New TARDIS revealed!

Comments

• Options
    NewbieCanuckNewbieCanuck Posts: 6,698
    Forum Member
    The red could be emergency lighting I suppose.

Or "open for business" in some districts.
  • Options
    RevengaRevenga Posts: 11,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    It's not red in the clips we've seen in the trailers so either it doesn't show up as Red as that on screen or the colour varies a bit.

Yeah... I quite like the idea of it changing actually.

It just looks like the lighting.
  • Options
    MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    This may sound a bit strange, but its not as different from the 'old' console room as I was expecting. Take away the pink and the raised platformand it is more like a variation of a theme than something brand new.
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mulett wrote: »
    This may sound a bit strange, but its not as different from the 'old' console room as I was expecting. Take away the pink and the raised platformand it is more like a variation of a theme than something brand new.

actually i know what you mean.

But i think it looks pretty cool nonetheless.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mulett wrote: »

Yeah I agree, but I've not got a problem with that, I liked the previous interior. :)
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks pretty good.
  • Options
    MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    Doesn't look too safe either - there doesn't seem to be a barrier around the console. What if it gets a bit bumpy - the Doctor and Amy could fall off!

Still, I do like the new look over all - very exciting that there's a proper scanner again!
  • Options
    RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks like a soft play area at the local Kidz Planet :D
  • Options
    CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,023
    Forum Member
    Very nice indeed, loving the colours, glad to see they've keep the doors.

Although I do kind of expect to see a giant gerbil in a perspex ball running about the place.
  • Options
    sertonserton Posts: 730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it looks fantastic... I like all the stairs all over the place and those leading up some unknown corridor... It makes the Tardis actually look like it is massive and has loads of rooms, something I feel the last Tardis never conveyed...
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    serton wrote: »
    I think it looks fantastic... I like all the stairs all over the place and those leading up some unknown corridor... It makes the Tardis actually look like it is massive and has loads of rooms, something I feel the last Tardis never converyed...
    Which is why we're getting more rooms up them stairs :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having seen some new pictures I somewhat retract my earlier statement, it looks more different than it might appear on closer examination....

http://news.whoviannet.co.uk/2010/03/the-doctor-and-amy-in-the-new-look-tardis/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

To me they have retained a feel of the old look, but it's more different than the same.
  • Options
    NewbieCanuckNewbieCanuck Posts: 6,698
    Forum Member
    I wonder if the TARDIS would have bothered with all the see-through flooring if it had known Amy wasn't always going to wear the mini-skirt.

TARDIS. More like PERVIS if you ask me! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay. Wow. I love it.
  • Options
    Grand DizzyGrand Dizzy Posts: 7,369
    Forum Member
    Looks a lot better than I was expecting.

It looks like a fun place, like an arcade or something. You could really imagine a pinball table in the corner.
  • Options
    mikkyhmikkyh Posts: 1,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks amazing. People will say they dont like it but in the end of the day it IS original but also a glimpse back to the classic.

I. Love. It.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    Its hard to fully judge the new tardis interior just from looking at this photo cause it will seem so much better on screen but from the look of things i like it very much!!
  • Options
    Nick_DKNick_DK Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they would show pics of the other rooms
  • Options
    Grand DizzyGrand Dizzy Posts: 7,369
    Forum Member
    Just a reminder: TARDIS is an acronym, so you should really write it with capital letters (most people write acronyms with capitals letters, anyway).
  • Options
    KaylanKaylan Posts: 1,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Revenga wrote: »
    Okay. Wow. I love it.

Okay. Wow. I am worried.

Still the same internal doors!
  • Options
    KaylanKaylan Posts: 1,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its hard to fully judge the new tardis interior just from looking at this photo cause it will seem so much better on screen but from the look of things i like it very much!!

I await the real screen version!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    I wonder if the TARDIS would have bothered with all the see-through flooring if it had known Amy wasn't always going to wear the mini-skirt.

TARDIS. More like PERVIS if you ask me! :p
    I like it :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    Having seen some new pictures I somewhat retract my earlier statement, it looks more different than it might appear on closer examination....

http://news.whoviannet.co.uk/2010/03/the-doctor-and-amy-in-the-new-look-tardis/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

To me they have retained a feel of the old look, but it's more different than the same.

Ermm... I might have missed something crucial here but, hasn't anyone noticed that there are actually SEVERAL DIFFERENT Tardis consoles here?

Do you think it might be a case of trying different 'desktop themes' until he finds one he likes?

:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hot Dogg wrote: »
    Ermm... I might have missed something crucial here but, hasn't anyone noticed that there are actually SEVERAL DIFFERENT Tardis consoles here?

I don't think so, no, it's the same console from different angles.