Options

The Dark Knight RISES Official Thread

Comments

• Options
    WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    seellee wrote: »
    Nevermind, I see that the majority of your posts revolve around Big Brother. That explains why you would award this film 2/10. :D

That has nothing to do with this.

The Hunger Games, Avatar, The Dark Night are my favourite films of all time.

This film just completely fell flat!
  • Options
    2Legit2Quit2Legit2Quit Posts: 4,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

In your opinion.
  • Options
    seelleeseellee Posts: 10,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That has nothing to do with this.

The Hunger Games, Avatar, The Dark Night are my favourite films of all time.

The Hunger Games :eek:

Again you've just confirmed why you would award this 2/10. Which is terribly harsh. Im interested to see what other films you'd rate that low so we can compare.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not necessarily about RISES....but damn i love this BB/TDK/TDKR artwork

http://www.worldofsuperheroes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/trilogy1.jpg
  • Options
    ShizukuShizuku Posts: 2,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved they way we almost always heard Bane before we saw him, so just for a second you didn't know where he was, building up the feeling of dread, knowing he's there but not being able to see him. Quite a few times I expected him to be right behind a character and to do something sudden and violent, but it never played out that way. Which is not surprising really as would have been a very filmmaking by numbers trick, not Nolans style!

10/10 for me, I just wish there was going to be a 4th!! But I guess as a filmmaker thats exactly how you want to end a trilogy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was originally a 4 and a half hour "rough cut" screened especially for Warner Bros officials! Personally, I'd love to see the 1 hour and 45 mins that didn't make the final theatrical cut :)
  • Options
    TommyNookaTommyNooka Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw it last night at the Cineworld in Glasgow in D-Box seats and I loved it. I think I enjoyed it even more than TDK which was very bleak for it's entire duration with no 'feel good factor' at all. Don't get me wrong I love TDK but I just felt personally the pay off from TDKR was more satisfying.
    I had no issues with the sound at all but then I go to the cinema for LOUD explosions etc. I maybe missed one or two words of Banes dialogue but nothing important. The only bit I did struggle with was the scene where Blake and Gordon have a conversation in an apartment and the background music was way too loud. I only managed to figure out what Gordon actually said after Blake referenced it near the end.

The D-box seats were a pretty good accompaniment to the various chase sequences and it was exciting 'feeling' Banes punches, I'd certainly use them again if only for certain movies.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DanMan01 wrote: »
    There was originally a 4 and a half hour "rough cut" screened especially for Warner Bros officials! Personally, I'd love to see the 1 hour and 45 mins that didn't make the final theatrical cut :)

There wasn't the guy who posted this said he was joking. The final shooting script is available to buy online the people who have read it have said that only minimal things were cut (lines of dialogue/single shots) no big scenes.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nolan very rarely overshoots. He is very precise in this regard. You'll never get a directors cut from him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found parts of it very boring and everyone in the cinema seemed restless as I did, to me that's a sign of a very boring movie.

When anyone barely moves to get up or move about the cinema is nearly always the sign that the movie is compelling and interesting!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You couldn't have posted this in the 2 other threads?
  • Options
    biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    What did you not like about it?

Did you like begins and dark knight?

I loved it. I loved begins,dark knight and rises im very pleased with how the trilogy has turned out
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You couldn't have posted this in the 2 other threads?

I can start whatever threads I want thank-you very much :p
  • Options
    Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    It's Rubbish. Overrated pretentios tosh. I could barely hear the dialogue such was the fancy theatrics!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Teacake wrote: »
    It's Rubbish. Overrated pretentios tosh. I could barely hear the dialogue such was the fancy theatrics!

Why can't there be a facepalm smilie on DS?

Overrated - A word that means I am right and the rest of the world is wrong.

How can the film be overrated? It recieved the most mixed reviews of the trilogy both in the fan base and proffesional critics. The film is also currently underperforming at the box office.

Another case of a poster using a word without knowing its meaning.

How is it pretentious exactly?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm... yeah, maybe it was one of those filler/deleted scenes and scenery shots etc. It was something I read a few months ago (maybe even posted here, but I'd rather google it up than trudge through every page searching for it lol):

“… ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ is real and finished, presumably in the form of a four-hour rough cut. There’s no official word on the reaction to the [early studio] screening, as of yet.”

http://screenrant.com/dark-knight-rises-running-time-comic-con-2012-sandy-160302/
  • Options
    MissDexterMissDexter Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why can't there be a facepalm smilie on DS?

Overrated - A word that means I am right and the rest of the world is wrong.

How can the film be overrated? It recieved the most mixed reviews of the trilogy both in the fan base and proffesional critics. The film is also currently underperforming at the box office.

Another case of a poster using a word without knowing its meaning.

How is it pretentious exactly?

Mr Teacake seems to revel in being the voice of opposition on most subjects.
    "Everyone seems to love *enter name of popular film here* so i'll be really cool and different and say it's pretentious, ohh i'll mention the sound too because that's been talked about in the press - that'll prove i've seen it.

Mr Teacake - can you actually give examples of what is pretentious about this film? Name a scene and tells us specifically how it is pretentious - go on, i dare you.
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    I was disappointed but only becuase I think I expected too much. I wouldn't rate it as bad, for me it falls into the "won't go see it again at the cinema but will buy the dvd when the price goes down" category. A film has to be pretty exceptional for me to buy it full price when it's released :D
  • Options
    IggymanIggyman Posts: 8,021
    Forum Member
    DanMan01 wrote: »
    Hmm... yeah, maybe it was one of those filler/deleted scenes and scenery shots etc. It was something I read a few months ago (maybe even posted here, but I'd rather google it up than trudge through every page searching for it lol):

“… ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ is real and finished, presumably in the form of a four-hour rough cut. There’s no official word on the reaction to the [early studio] screening, as of yet.”

http://screenrant.com/dark-knight-rises-running-time-comic-con-2012-sandy-160302/

And it's now known that the '4 hour rough cut' running time was a hoax.
  • Options
    seelleeseellee Posts: 10,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still think the vast majority really liked it and the most important thing is that I liked it and for me still the best film of the year. Avengers was child's play compared to this.
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The sign of a really good film for me is when it's really long....and no-one moves for the duration of the film, and that is what happened. :D
  • Options
    mwardymwardy Posts: 1,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw TDKR in a digital IMAX cinema. Having done a bit of reading up, these screens have an aspect ratio of 1.9:1. Can someone who's seen it in a true IMAX cinema, with a ratio of 1.4, confirm that the IMAX sequences fill the whole screen? Or are there effectively 'black bars' at the top and bottom of the image? If it's the former I'm going to see it again!

I think the answer is that it does fill the screen but I just want to be sure. Ta.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    I saw it in Glasgow IMAX and parts of the films did fill the whole screen, with the non IMAX scenes having the black bars at the top and bottom. It was all very seemless, I didnt notice the flicker between the two.
  • Options
    mwardymwardy Posts: 1,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @Yuffie: That's just what I wanted to hear--cheers!

Time to book the train tickets...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah i cannot wait to watch it again!

And as for reviews, fan reception it has been very very positive overall.....but where the more mixed reviews come in (personally i dont understand why and never will) is where either expectation was too high for it (for me it surpassed expectation so perhaps another reason why i dont understand these reviews) and/or they wanna fuss about length of film etc etc.

But tbh TDKR has had overall more positive reviews than Batman Begins and fan reception is on a par looking around! But tbh the whole series altogether is another level all together so it is a showcase and a testiment for its power :cool: