Options

How many calories have you consumed in 24 hours?

Jay BigzJay Bigz Posts: 5,338
Forum Member
Many of us have been beaten by junk food - what's the most amount of calories you've consumed in a day?

If you're not a calorie counter, what's the largest amount of treats you've packed away?

I generally eat around 1,800 cals a day, and work out 5 times a week, along with a bit of cardio and kick boxing. Being in a calorie deficit for extended periods of time, with moderately low carbs, and working the body hard, sometimes hunger builds to extreme levels and it's time to indulge in a 'cheat day'...

After 12 days of regimented clean eating, and lots of gains in the gym, tonight it's time for my bi-weekly cheat...

What's on the menu?

Bacon & egg sandwich - 500 cals
Chicken and pasta salad - 250 cals
125g of giant milkybar buttons - 600 cals
100g smarties chocolate block bar - 600 cals
1 x maple slice - 300 cals
1 x box of Mr Kiplings bakewell slices - 900 cals
1 x litre of chocolate milk - 700 cals

I also have a dominoes order coming at 10.30 with the following -

1 x large stuffed crust pizza (half/half - pepperoni passion and hot & spicy) - 3000 cals
1 x box of chicken strippers - 400 cals
1 x box of chicken kickers - 400 cals
1 x box of potato wedges - 400 cals
1 x box of dominoes cookies - 350 cals
1 x box of dominoes brownies - 400 cals
1.5 litres of diet coke - zero

This clocks in at 8,800 cals - I've done more than this in the past...

Tonight will set me back a good few days, as I'll probably look bloated and crappy until around Wednesday, after the water weight drops and I'm fully back in a steady healthy eating regime and hitting some hard weight training. Then I'll be back in progress.

Everytime I feel I've over done it, I'll watch this guy packing away 16,000 cals in under an hour and feel like my effort was poor - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WmQzSs34DE

(This thread is a bit of fun by the way and apologies if this offends anyone with a legitimate eating disorder.)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dayum if I ate that much for one meal I think I would feel sick! Irregardless I hope you enjoy!

I think the most I have eaten in a day is around 3000 to 3500 calories but I am not sure when I factor in things like past alcohol consumption it might be a hell of alot more.
  • Options
    andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    I would watch what you're doing op, all that in 1 day can't be good for you, cant you just have the pizza?!

I eat around 1700 cals a day, most I've done would be around 4000
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I would watch what you're doing op, all that in 1 day can't be good for you, cant you just have the pizza?!

I eat around 1700 cals a day, most I've done would be around 4000

It's definitely not....The price gets paid with a food hangover tomorrow....

Everytime I do these, it reminds me of why I steer clear of junk food - it makes you feel and look like shit, but daaamn it tastes good at the time.....
  • Options
    Vicky.Vicky. Posts: 5,948
    Forum Member
    I would say the most ever was maybe around 6000 calories..a fair few plates in an all you can eat chinese. I suffered for it though.

Usually around 1800 ish, though I am apparently meant to eat 2500 at the moment being pregnant and all. So been having some snacks to knock me up to about 2000...and am still losing weight. Its great being able to eat normally and losing :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Vicky. wrote: »
    I would say the most ever was maybe around 6000 calories..a fair few plates in an all you can eat chinese. I suffered for it though.

Usually around 1800 ish, though I am apparently meant to eat 2500 at the moment being pregnant and all. So been having some snacks to knock me up to about 2000...and am still losing weight. Its great being able to eat normally and losing :D

Happy days :D

If only you could eat what you want and never gain a pound....the world would be a better place!!
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I once ate a kilo of shelled pistachio nuts in one go, that's nearly 6000kcals. Combined with the other stuff probably well over 10k in one go. I regularly eat 4/5k per day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dayum if I ate that much for one meal I think I would feel sick! Irregardless I hope you enjoy!

I think the most I have eaten in a day is around 3000 to 3500 calories but I am not sure when I factor in things like past alcohol consumption it might be a hell of alot more.

Spread out over a day - some of the stuff in the top list was eaten at like 10am this morning. The day's been a cheat warm up, for the Dominoes finale, which will be arriving shortly :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I once ate a kilo of shelled pistachio nuts in one go, that's nearly 6000kcals. Combined with the other stuff probably well over 10k in one go. I regularly eat 4/5k per day.

I've seen your 'arm pics' posts, so you clearly need it :D

Must be an insane maintenance level to keep em that size....
  • Options
    ba_baracusba_baracus Posts: 3,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had to chuckle at you eating all that junk food, and washing it down with Diet Coke :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A friend of mine eats about 4000 or so calories pretty much everyday but its nearly all fat..so he gets into 'ketosis'. Then once a week he goes utterly mad on carbs. Calls it a 'carb up' and reckons its really common among body builders.

When he first told me about this I thought it sounded really unhealthy but apparently its good for you being in ketosis..but not for too long in one go which is why the carb up is necessary :S

This ketosis thing sounds great though on paper..even if you arent a bodybuilder.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A friend of mine eats about 4000 or so calories pretty much everyday but its nearly all fat..so he gets into 'ketosis'. Then once a week he goes utterly mad on carbs. Calls it a 'carb up' and reckons its really common among body builders.

When he first told me about this I thought it sounded really unhealthy but apparently its good for you being in ketosis..but not for too long in one go which is why the carb up is necessary :S

This ketosis thing sounds great though on paper..even if you arent a bodybuilder.

Yeah, body builders do this sort of thing to prep for a show. It will involve eating under 50g of carbs a day (which can be tough) with mostly protein and healthy fat, in a calorie deficit against their maintenance, and then carbing up at the end of the week. The carb restriction is to manipulate water weight levels, and free your body up from carbs, which allows it to burn fat for energy instead. The carb up at the end is to add a slight bit of 'bulk' to the end result amongst the muscle.
  • Options
    Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    i dunno but when i went to the gym a trainer asked me all the food i eat in a day he estimated i consume not much over 1000 calories
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when I did my weight loss bet with William Hill, I lasted about 24 hours trying to count calories and it just drove me up the wall so I stopped bothering. Still lost 8 stone in 12 months and didn't count a single calorie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I remember when I did my weight loss bet with William Hill, I lasted about 24 hours trying to count calories and it just drove me up the wall so I stopped bothering. Still lost 8 stone in 12 months and didn't count a single calorie.

How do these work? How do they do odds and stuff? Always wondered this...
  • Options
    1Mickey1Mickey Posts: 10,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't really care about calories but out of curiosity I checked a couple of months ago and my normal day is a bit over 3000.
  • Options
    AnnieBakerAnnieBaker Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to Dominoes last night and managed

1 small salad
    2 slices of large pizza with olives

I was full for the rest of the evening.

Fail :(
  • Options
    AxtolAxtol Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    In the past 24 I would guess about 2500 calories. My target is between 1500-1800 per day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AnnieBaker wrote: »
    I went to Dominoes last night and managed

1 small salad
    2 slices of large pizza with olives

I was full for the rest of the evening.

Fail :(

No food hangover for Annie then! Good effort though.
  • Options
    Forum Member

That's mental. How did you do it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do these work? How do they do odds and stuff? Always wondered this...

They usually offer you the odds based on what you weight and a stake amount. At the time, I weighed 24 stone so they offered me odds of 24/1 with a £50 stake which was a win of £1,250 (£1,200 + £50 stake back).

It's all based on the amount of weight you want to lose over the period of time you propose as well and you have to get a "medical professional" to sign off on it as well to say that it won't cause you any additional health problems.

There's rather a memorable thread I created in Advice a few years back out of sheer frustration because my GP was refusing to cooperate. I think the abuse started before we'd even reached page 2 :)
    Jay Bigz wrote: »
    That's mental. How did you do it?

Literally the old cliche of "ate less and moved more". I cut out all forms of junk i used to eat - chocolate, biscuits - stuff like that, and started walking.

I had to start slowly as i wasn't really physically able to walk very far due to the size I was but kept going and kept going a bit further each time and in the last few months of the bet I was averaging between 2-3 miles a day, most days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Big congrats at losing all of that :)

Will have a look or that thread in a bit if I remember.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big congrats at losing all of that :)

Will have a look or that thread in a bit if I remember.

Thanks :). Unfortunately life and my brainbox got in the way and i've put most of it back on over the past few years.

I have, rather bizarrely, possibly got the opportunity to do it again for double the money this time around - £2.5k !.

As far as the thread in advice goes, here it is. As I said, it was created out of sheer frustration as i'd been trying to find anyone to sign off on the diet and I thought my GP was being hugely unreasonable for no good reason ..

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1445559
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks :). Unfortunately life and my brainbox got in the way and i've put most of it back on over the past few years.

I have, rather bizarrely, possibly got the opportunity to do it again for double the money this time around - £2.5k !.

As far as the thread in advice goes, here it is. As I said, it was created out of sheer frustration as i'd been trying to find anyone to sign off on the diet and I thought my GP was being hugely unreasonable for no good reason ..

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1445559

Should up the ante to £100...5k is a hell of an incentive to keep on track :p

Saying that 2.5 isnt bad either

Edit. WOW at that thread, only a few posts in and its brutal already
  • Options
    sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure, but I reckon it would be approaching, if not over 10,000. Like JasonWatkins I've also been up at around 24 st, and I think I was having 4-5k regularly as a matter of routine. On certain days I'd eat more than others so I'm sure the number must be pretty high.
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Even though I'm currently on a weight loss program I don't actually count calories....but I would estimate it's less than 1500.