Options

How many calories have you consumed in 24 hours?

2»

Comments

• Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vicky. wrote: »
    Should up the ante to £100...5k is a hell of an incentive to keep on track :p

Saying that 2.5 isnt bad either

Edit. WOW at that thread, only a few posts in and its brutal already

The ante will actually be £100 - the odds proposed are fixed at 25/1 (although, for the record, I'm not currently 25 stone!)

It all came about after I came across this story about someone else doing the same bet but getting four times the odds I was offered. I wrote a rather miffed email to William Hill asking for an explantion and a few emails later, I was told that a second try would most likely be possible.

I've just re-read that thread again and it was indeed brutal :)
  • Options
    Jay BigzJay Bigz Posts: 5,338
    Forum Member
    Literally the old cliche of "ate less and moved more". I cut out all forms of junk i used to eat - chocolate, biscuits - stuff like that, and started walking.

I had to start slowly as i wasn't really physically able to walk very far due to the size I was but kept going and kept going a bit further each time and in the last few months of the bet I was averaging between 2-3 miles a day, most days.

Nice work, you must have really stuck to it to lose that much.

To get super shredded, like I'm going for, counting calories is pretty much a must and I find it incredibly easy to manage too - I pretty much eat the same selection of meals everyday, and know my calorie and fat/carb/protein stats on each meal. Sticking to a certain amount for me is effortless as you can mentally do the maths easily and I've been eating the same way for the last 15 months (cheat days included). Lost a solid 3.5 stone, and got my body fat percentage down to lower than 10%, and have slowly built some nice muscle at the same time.

Anyways, back on topic - where's all the greed lists?

Check out this guys cheat day -
    After my first bodybuilding show, I started eating and didn't stop till 2 days later. I consumed the following in no particular order:

-Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps (cheesecake factory)
    -Caramel Pecan Turtle Cheesecake slice (cheesecake factory)
    -Tiramisu Cheesecake slice (cheesecake factory)
    -Sicilian Arancini (Crispy Risotto Balls, Roasted Red Peppers and Tomato Sauce)
    -Huge panini (smoked turkey, cappy ham, cheddar cheese, jack cheese, roasted peppers, lettuce & honey chipotle dressing)
    -Chocolate Mousse Cake
    -Huge ice cream cone from Cold Stone with everything in it (i.e. peanut butter, fudge, reese's pieces, graham crackers, etc)
    -Milk & Dark Chocolate fondue with Bananas, Strawberries, Pineapple, Orange Wedges and Pound Cake
    -Cheese tortellini
    -Potato salad, chicken salad, bean salad, assorted fruit
    -Jar of peanut butter
    -2 jumbo canollis with chocolate morsels from bakery
    -Bread pudding with dark chocolate, white chocolate, bourbon-caramel sauce and whipped cream
    -Jar of almond butter
    -3 slices of pizza
    -Large slice of coffee crumb cake
    -40oz. (2.5lbs) NY strip steak (barbecued), bowl of hummus
    -Box of Oreos
    -Box of Sandies Pecan Shortbread cookies
    -15 toasted rice cakes with peanut butter & cinnamon
    -Several KitKat bars
    -2 rolls of sushi with Kani salad
    -Cinnamon raisin bagel
    -5-6 sweet potatoes
    -Several large bowls of oatmeal
    -Box of Pop Tarts
    -Cheeseburger & seasoned fries (Checker's)
    -Plain heated bagels with cream cheese & severla glasses of milk
    -Box of raisinettes
    -Odwalla banana nut bar
    -Fried plantains
    -2 packages Reese's peanut butter cups
    -6 fresh jumbo sprinkle sugar cookies from bakery
    -Bag of Snyder's peanut butter pretzel sandwiches
    -Baked macaroni n cheese
    -Two rice crispies treats

Gained something like 25 pounds, feet wouldn't fit into my sneakers, stomach was hurtin' so bad I needed painkillers to fall asleep.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144272461&page=2
  • Options
    DaisyBillDaisyBill Posts: 4,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't count calories, instead I just try and eat proper portion sizes and limit snacking.
    I definitely couldn't eat that amount in the op, I don't eat meat at all, and I don't like takeaways either. I do have weaknesses of course, I like savoury things like mini cheddars and I love home made cakes, but I don't have them very often.
    I'm sure the op knows what he is doing though. Different diets and eating patterns work for different people.
  • Options
    Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had an apple and a satsuma, two tomato ketchup sandwiches and 350ml protein shake.

I've been on a 14 mile bike ride too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've had an apple and a satsuma, two tomato ketchup sandwiches and 350ml protein shake.

I've been on a 14 mile bike ride too.

Sounds like a carb binge right there - good job you rode it off....
  • Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My average is about 1,300 - 1,500. On a bad day, it goes up to about 2,000.

Yet I'm not losing weight! Maybe because I don't do anything too energetic apart from walking about 3 miles a day.
  • Options
    dragonzorddragonzord Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jay Bigz wrote: »
    Many of us have been beaten by junk food - what's the most amount of calories you've consumed in a day?

If you're not a calorie counter, what's the largest amount of treats you've packed away?

I generally eat around 1,800 cals a day, and work out 5 times a week, along with a bit of cardio and kick boxing. Being in a calorie deficit for extended periods of time, with moderately low carbs, and working the body hard, sometimes hunger builds to extreme levels and it's time to indulge in a 'cheat day'...

After 12 days of regimented clean eating, and lots of gains in the gym, tonight it's time for my bi-weekly cheat...

What's on the menu?

Bacon & egg sandwich - 500 cals
    Chicken and pasta salad - 250 cals
    125g of giant milkybar buttons - 600 cals
    100g smarties chocolate block bar - 600 cals
    1 x maple slice - 300 cals
    1 x box of Mr Kiplings bakewell slices - 900 cals
    1 x litre of chocolate milk - 700 cals

I also have a dominoes order coming at 10.30 with the following -

1 x large stuffed crust pizza (half/half - pepperoni passion and hot & spicy) - 3000 cals
    1 x box of chicken strippers - 400 cals
    1 x box of chicken kickers - 400 cals
    1 x box of potato wedges - 400 cals
    1 x box of dominoes cookies - 350 cals
    1 x box of dominoes brownies - 400 cals
    1.5 litres of diet coke - zero

This clocks in at 8,800 cals - I've done more than this in the past...

Tonight will set me back a good few days, as I'll probably look bloated and crappy until around Wednesday, after the water weight drops and I'm fully back in a steady healthy eating regime and hitting some hard weight training. Then I'll be back in progress.

Everytime I feel I've over done it, I'll watch this guy packing away 16,000 cals in under an hour and feel like my effort was poor - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WmQzSs34DE

(This thread is a bit of fun by the way and apologies if this offends anyone with a legitimate eating disorder.)

Don't know don't care,
  • Options
    Jasper92Jasper92 Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting, I have never needed to diet, since I'm moderately active most days, so I shouldn't really need to calorie count. I am a hypochondriac though, so I always do make a rough mental calculation of how much I consume each day. I get by on between 2500-3000 calories typically. BMI under 22, so I guess it must be down to most of the calories coming in the form of fruit, veg, nuts and animal protein.

I "binge eat" about every 3 weeks or so, but the most I can ever recall eating in one day in recent times must be about 5500 kcal. Like the OP I feel awful mentally in the days after, so I sometimes go on a downward spiral where I'm depressed and continue to overindulge until I finally bring myself to cut out of it and go run off some of the excess calories.
  • Options
    Stormwave UKStormwave UK Posts: 5,088
    Forum Member
    I just finished a 0 a day calorie diet, for 5 days, with 200 calories a day for 4 days preceding it, and 400 calories a day for 7 days after it.

I would say probably the most I've eaten is about 4k calories in a day.
  • Options
    Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    I just finished a 0 a day calorie diet, for 5 days, with 200 calories a day for 4 days preceding it, and 400 calories a day for 7 days after it.

and how do you feel after this? :o
  • Options
    JumbobonesJumbobones Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I ate about 4900 at new year and was up puking in the night :-(

About 1300 in the last 24 hours. PIG
  • Options
    edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably quite a lot. From this time yesterday I've consumed....

Two poached eggs on a slice of wholemeal toast
    One pint cider
    A Quorn fake-meat slice thing with green veg and some potato wedges
    A bowl of muesli
    A large bowl of salad
    One pear, kiwi and celery freshly squeezed juice
    A Yorkie bar :blush:

interspersed with a few cups of tea here and there. Not sure what that lot adds up to.
  • Options
    frisky pythonfrisky python Posts: 9,737
    Forum Member
    Having had gallstones removed and seen what unhealthy eating and fat can do to me from that I try and eat for health. All that stuff OP you listed would make me worry about my health inside if I ate it so I wouldn't enjoy eating like that at all. Losing my sister to bowel cancer nearly 3years ago now makes me even more aware of how what we eat can affect our health. :(
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1090 today so far. My total will be around 1450. At 1450 I lose around 1lb a week and managed to lose a stone at the beginning of the year this way.

I am only just back on the healthy myfitnesspal wagon today though as the last few weeks of deadlines and exams have distracted me somewhat. I dread to think what some of my days last week were!
  • Options
    Forum Member

A starvation diet...how did you manage to get through the days with such little energy? How much did you lose?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    edEx wrote: »
    Probably quite a lot. From this time yesterday I've consumed....

Two poached eggs on a slice of wholemeal toast
    One pint cider
    A Quorn fake-meat slice thing with green veg and some potato wedges
    A bowl of muesli
    A large bowl of salad
    One pear, kiwi and celery freshly squeezed juice
    A Yorkie bar :blush:

interspersed with a few cups of tea here and there. Not sure what that lot adds up to.

Not that much - about 2000 cals, or maybe less...
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having gone through anorexia, bulimia and later exercise addiction a couple of decades ago, it (calorie intake) has swung very widely. I'm only 4ft 7-8 inches tall and when I was going through the exercise addiction stage, I could eat 3000+ a day most days without gaining weight! Now I'm much older and have mobility issues, there's no way I'd get away with that. Weight seems stable at about 1500-1600 a day (estimate). If I have more and don't exercise weight will creep up. I don't have an eating disorder nowadays and don't really 'count'- just keep an eye on what's going in. Love veggies and healthy stuff but do have a bit of a sweet tooth. Don't drink alcohol or sugary drinks which probably helps a bit. I'd like to be half a stone slimmer but am not really overweight....just got to keep an eye out for middle-age spread!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow I wish I could eat as much - as a short girl my allowance is 1800 a day rather than 2000 :( At the moment I'm trying not to go over 1200, as I want to lose half a stone so I'll be at my ideal weight. Wish I could eat more but exercise isn't an option at the moment, I hurt my leg after a fall during running - if only I was taller, I could eat a chocolate bar a day! Trying to stick to lots of fruit and vegetables and avoiding sugar to stop my tummy bloating so much.. but I gave in to my sweet tooth today and have a big cookie and jam doughnut, so I'm gonna have to skip dinner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hannahjay wrote: »
    Wow I wish I could eat as much - as a short girl my allowance is 1800 a day rather than 2000 :( At the moment I'm trying not to go over 1200, as I want to lose half a stone so I'll be at my ideal weight. Wish I could eat more but exercise isn't an option at the moment, I hurt my leg after a fall during running - if only I was taller, I could eat a chocolate bar a day! Trying to stick to lots of fruit and vegetables and avoiding sugar to stop my tummy bloating so much.. but I gave in to my sweet tooth today and have a big cookie and jam doughnut, so I'm gonna have to skip dinner.

Don't skip dinner - just eat some pure protein like chicken breast, with some salad or veg. Tomorrows a new day. Think about your deficit over the week, rather than just the day. You're still going to lose weight over the week if you eat at maintenance level a couple of times.
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know, and neither do I care. In the last 24 hours I've eaten :-

Breakfast: 4-egg omelette
    2nd Breakfast: Sausage & Tomato butties (toasted)
    Dinner; Club Sandwich and a pint of fresh orange.
    Tea: Bowl of Texan chilli with two pieces of cornbread.
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I usually average around 1500 calories a day. I don't count calories on the days I've stuffed my face!
  • Options
    Stormwave UKStormwave UK Posts: 5,088
    Forum Member
    Jay Bigz wrote: »
    A starvation diet...how did you manage to get through the days with such little energy? How much did you lose?

Felt great, and full of energy. Lost 20lbs