Options

Skin Products

CriticFanCriticFan Posts: 1,016
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hello all,

First time I've posted in this section of the forum so please be nice :)

Someone I know happens to be a model, he has flawless skin and it is always luminous. I always thought it couldn't have been natural so I asked him what he used.

'I am beautiful oil' was one of them. (cringey name I know) Apparently it protects the skin and helps regenerate it causing the luminous effect.

Another product he uses is bionova. Anyone ever heard of them?

All these products are pretty pricey. I think as they are made in US.

Does anyone know a cheaper alternative but still of the same quality?
Or if these products are legit?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would help if someone replied....
  • Options
    tigerowltigerowl Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never heard of either of them but you can find the oil on Google if you want to find out more.

I genuinely do believe skincare works, so definitely have a go. There are millions of products at all kinds of budgets you can choose from.

If you want to find out a bit more about what might be good for you, try reading some blogs. Caroline Hirons and Ruth Crilly are both great source, in my opinion.
  • Options
    5hane5hane Posts: 2,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CriticFan wrote: »
    Hello all,

First time I've posted in this section of the forum so please be nice :)

Someone I know happens to be a model, he has flawless skin and it is always luminous. I always thought it couldn't have been natural so I asked him what he used.

'I am beautiful oil' was one of them. (cringey name I know) Apparently it protects the skin and helps regenerate it causing the luminous effect.

Another product he uses is bionova. Anyone ever heard of them?

All these products are pretty pricey. I think as they are made in US.

Thanks

Neals Yard Remedies is particularly good. My gf uses: http://www.nealsyardremedies.com/skincare/shop-by-skin-type/signs-of-ageing/0564.html#start=3 and I pinch a little of it sometimes :)
  • Options
    Lin4237Lin4237 Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    It would help if someone replied....

When I research a particular product I tend to list all the ingredients on a spreadsheet and then look up what each ingredient is. It is tedious but a necessity. I used http://www.paulaschoice.com/cosmetic-ingredient-dictionary/ and if I was still uncertain about a particular ingredient I just googled it and followed the trail from there - you learn a lot along the way.
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,170
    Forum Member
    OP your oil doesn't seem to be readily available here, that would put me off instantly. When I buy something I like to know that I can get it relatively quickly.

There are plenty of good oils available here, have a look on Caroline Hirons site, plenty of options there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lushness wrote: »
    OP your oil doesn't seem to be readily available here, that would put me off instantly. When I buy something I like to know that I can get it relatively quickly.

There are plenty of good oils available here, have a look on Caroline Hirons site, plenty of options there.

Since I made this thread I have since bought two new oils. And yeah the products I listed are all made in US. Which is why I made the thread asking for help. And US products are a lot stronger than UK products which is why you won't find them over here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member

Thanks
    I guess, your dermatologist would know best. But if I may, my regimen include the following: Academie,Clinique and Guerlain facial products.
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,170
    Forum Member
    Since I made this thread I have since bought two new oils. And yeah the products I listed are all made in US. Which is why I made the thread asking for help. And US products are a lot stronger than UK products which is why you won't find them over here.

Stronger in what way? Because you can find plenty of "strong" products here too.