Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Not me personally, but my daughter waitress-ed Mrs Beckham and two of her kids the other day, she's no fan, but her report was:
    "She's skinny, but no as much as expected"
    "She tipped her £20 and she only bought two drinks"
    "Her boys were both really cute and well behaved"

So a real world thumbs for VB!
  • Lola UKLola UK Posts: 3,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive met Ben Shepherd who was lovely and chatty (although a tad chubbier in real life than I expected- sorry ben) pretty sure he was a little tiddly though.

I also met Rhydian (from the x factor..) who reeked of desperation and wanted to be recognsed throughout the night. being stubbon, I pretended that I had absolutley no idea who he was much to his dissapointment.

Im not one of those people who collect autographs and such like
  • EpicEastendersEpicEastenders Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Saturdays were amazing! They are all so lovely & came over & spoke to my friend & I for about 10 minutes, took photo's aswell - just lovely girls, seriously, could not ask for nicer girls (:

Diana Vickers think she is something - nasty piece of work. Took a picture with 1 person & then said "Oh, really sorry got to go" in the most fake way, EVER.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    ajay1965 wrote: »
    Not me personally, but my daughter waitress-ed Mrs Beckham and two of her kids the other day, she's no fan, but her report was:

My sister and SiL have met the boys, Sister when they came into her shop with Posh's mum and bodyguard, SiL when they were in a book shop with Becks, both said how lovely, polite and well behaved all three boys were.
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dermot O' Leary, Simon Cowell and Louis Walsh are lovely.

Holly Willougby is a miserable, stuck up, rude cow.

June Brown is lovely.

Rowan Atkinson is a bastard (I still love him though).

Chris Eubank was awesome. He loved that I recognised him and he heard me say his name...and he approached me to take a picture. :p Max Clifford was there too and he was also very nice.

Graham Norton was adorable the first time I met him and very nice, but the second time he was quite rude but was in a rush...

Harry Connick Jnr was amazing. Chatting to him for ages...well to be honest, I didn't realise it was him until somebody else said so. I thought it was a man working on production.

Cameron MacIntosh and David Baddiel were quite nice, as was Mickey Graham from Boyzone.

Alan Rickman was quite nice when I bumped into him in Waterstones but got the feeling he was angry at being recognised.
  • wends1502wends1502 Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think its harsh to judge people off just one meeting, especially if they are in the public eye and you dont know them. Everyone has off days and doesnt always feel like posing for a camera when they are "off duty".
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wends1502 wrote: »
    I think its harsh to judge people off just one meeting, especially if they are in the public eye and you dont know them. Everyone has off days and doesnt always feel like posing for a camera when they are "off duty".
    Exactly. I don't take it to heart at all. I've met Rowan Atkinson twice and both times he was rude, BUT, I think he is absolutely hilarious and he is one of my all-time favourite actors and nothing will ever change that. He's bloody good at what he does.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only met 2 celebs - largely on account that I really wanted to meet them so made sure I was in the right place at the right time !
    Nowhere need the celeb stardon of those that have been mentioned but I love them anyway - it was Sam and Mark and they are just the nicest, friendliest guys on the planet !
    seriously could not have been nicer !!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 339
    Forum Member
    Jimmy Summerville a HORRIBLE object.

I spoke to Jimmy Somerville about 10 or so years ago, when I worked for a mobile phone network. He had lost his phone and he was at the airport waiting on a flight. He was charming, despite the situation and had a surprisingly deep voice.

Spoke to Davina McCall too - she was very nice.

John Leslie on the other hand.......:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ajay1965 wrote: »

I haven't seen anyone with a bad word to say for the Beckham kids. They sound really well brought up. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason Orange- an absolute delight. Very softly spoken and polite. Very talkative as well. Super nice guy.
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kyri wrote: »
    Exactly. I don't take it to heart at all. I've met Rowan Atkinson twice and both times he was rude, BUT, I think he is absolutely hilarious and he is one of my all-time favourite actors and nothing will ever change that. He's bloody good at what he does.

There's a lyric in the Spitting Image parody "I've never met a nice South Africian" where amongst all of the improbable and impossible things that the narrator has seen, heard and witnessed - 'flying pigs in convincing wigs' 'a decent song by Wings' 'a guy who got a job straight after leaving school' etc. he claims to have had lunch with Rowan Atkinson when he paid and wasn't late - so I think that someone involved with Spitting Image probably John Lloyd had a lot of bad experiences with Rowan in that regard. Sometimes there's a lot to be said for 'trust the art not the artist' and I should know my favourite artist removed his own head with a shotgun.
  • Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You know it's funny but I heard that aswell that Rowan Atkinson isn't that friendly and nice to get along with.

he doesn't respond to fanmail either, when you write to his agent, they just send you a pre-printed Mr.Bean photo, nothing from him personally.

I've heard that too, Rowans not that nice.
  • pmw_hewittpmw_hewitt Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    katmobile wrote: »
    There's a lyric in the Spitting Image parody "I've never met a nice South Africian" where amongst all of the improbable and impossible things that the narrator has seen, heard and witnessed - 'flying pigs in convincing wigs' 'a decent song by Wings' 'a guy who got a job straight after leaving school' etc. he claims to have had lunch with Rowan Atkinson when he paid and wasn't late - so I think that someone involved with Spitting Image probably John Lloyd had a lot of bad experiences with Rowan in that regard. Sometimes there's a lot to be said for 'trust the art not the artist' and I should know my favourite artist removed his own head with a shotgun.

My dad and stepmum met Rowan Atkinson, and said he came across as painfully shy, but was pleasant enough and posed for a picture with my stepmum.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't read all the way through the thread so sorry if I repeat anything anybody else said.

The vilest, most rude celeb I ever met was Marcus Hannehman (sp?) - the Wolves goalie. He moaned about absolutely everything. Roy Keane was really surly too - he refused to sign for his room service meal and I had to inform him that if he wouldn't sign I'd end up having to pay for it.

Arsene Wenger, Thierry Henry, Patrick Viera, Pascal Cygan and Robert Pires were all really polite and friendly.

Wet Wet Wet were rude, Take That were immensely friendly. Lulu only eats soup made with mineral water! I took a barrel-load of booze up to Michael Barrymore's suite when he fell off the wagon just before the announcement that he was gay. Ice T and Bobby Davro were in the hotel at the same time as him so we were inundated with celebs!

Ben Elton was a star and asked for 2 Yorkie puds with his roast pork dinner.

Jamie Harper (footballer) was delightful, as was Alan Pardew. Darren 'Big Dave' Moore is a fantastic guy - really chatty and funny. John Salako ate his body weight in ice cream, John O'Shea naughtily had a chicken pesto sandwich from room service against the physio's orders.

Richard Wilson had me in stitches, Michael Elphick stood chatting to me for ages as I was at the opposite end of the room to the bar and he didn't want to be tempted!

Lenny Henry and Dawn French were an odd couple to meet together - the height difference was immense!

I dropped new potatoes into Cathy Staff (Nora Batty's) lap the first night I ever worked in a silver service restaurant.:o

The most amazing person I ever met was Princess Diana. She was stunning.
  • Nick_DKNick_DK Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holly Willougby is a miserable, stuck up, rude cow.

What happened there I met her few months ago were really nice.

I met Matthew Lewis plays Neville in the Harry Potter films in Leeds last year nice guy.
  • PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    Lady Gaga is very nice, met her once before the MB and she's very polite & sweet.

Alesha Dixon is nice too, a little hard to understand (at times) but she's really funny and her laugh is amazing.
  • Debb1eDebb1e Posts: 451
    Forum Member
    Martin Clunes - I've met him twice. Once in Cornwall when they were filming "Doc Martin" and once in the airport in Dubai when he was there to film that documentary about horses.

Both times he was really lovely and down to earth. :-)
  • Debb1eDebb1e Posts: 451
    Forum Member
    Michael Buerk was lovely too. He was posing for photos and signing autographs and ignoring his production team, who were telling him to move along. :D

Yes, I met Michael Buerk back in 2002 on the Cunard ship Caronia. He was really nice and posed for a photo with me:

http://www.ocean-waves.net/debbie_mb.htm
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    MCRicken wrote: »
    Lorraine Keane, presenter that used to be on Tv3 was an absolute stuck up bitch. If I hadn't been working I would have told her so too :mad:

I worked at an event with Lorraine Keane and found her a bit cold, I figured she was just focused on what she was doing but because she was around us so much it would have been nice if she said "Hi" back.

The rest of these are mostly Irish:

Richard Harris: Lovely bloke - met him at a rugby match, was only 9 when I met him and this was pre-Harry Potter and I'd yet to see The Field. I still remember it well though, we talked about the rugby match and he complimented my brother's performance (he was playing that game), even though he supported the other team.

Peter O'Toole: Met him with Dickie, didn't really talk to me but seemed pleasant.

Dara O'Briain: Really really nice guy, took the time to pose for a photograph with me even though he had been pestered by others all night for pictures.

Tommy Tiernan: Got a pic, an autograph and a kiss, he came across really nice. Not such a big fan of his anymore but I enjoyed that moment.

Liam O'Brien (Ethan Blake, the other priest in Emmerdale): Nice guy, very funny when tipsy. I met him in a local night club while we were queuing for drinks, turned out he knew my dad and asked after him.

Dane Bowers: Really really sound, although I made a bit of an arse of myself telling him how much of a fan I was (I'd indulged in a few scoops at the time).

Cloris Leachman (Phyllis in the Mary Tyler Moore Show and also in The Last Picture Show): Went to an evening with her in New York, she was very funny on stage but a little bit grumpy later on when she saw all the books she had to sign for the crowd, but was still polite.
  • PADDY75PADDY75 Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    frenchie21 wrote: »
    I met Dannii Minogue a few weeks back. She is so very lovely & chats to you like she has known you for ages (Like laughing & joking with you) I was so pleased to meet her!

I've also heard flattering things about Dannii. Friend of mine met her also at an event last month. She was super sweet and attentive. Glad you had a nice experience with her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zoe Wanamaker- Ok...but does have a superior attitude and is quite commanding. Maybe it's just my perception of her. Was polite enough, but definetly wanted some special treatment.

Susan George- Very pleasant, sweet lady. Very polite.

Emilia Fox- Very nice and down to earth. Lovely.
  • MsBehaviourMsBehaviour Posts: 5,532
    Forum Member
    I contributed earlier in the thread, but completely forgot someone who is not only a nice celebrity, but also one of the nicest human beings around...

I met blues legend B.B. King in 1970 and he was utterly lovely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    Vanessa Feltz was a real old boot. She talked at this 'single women' shindig and was quite amusing. I went over to tell her how much I'd enjoyed it and she basically 'hmphed' and turned her back on me.

Also, Dennis Waterman when I was a kid. Then again, I had accidentally interrupted his filming of 'Minder' :o.

And heard Lulu is the absolute worse person - never gives autographs and basically tells anyone who approaches her to 'f*ck off'.
  • JokerPokerJokerPoker Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Won a competition with 4 other guys to hang out with the chelsea team before and after the FA cup Final in 2007(and got to sit in the directors box!) Chatted to Frank Lampard,Joe Cole and Ashley Cole for a while and they all came across pretty well, especially Lampard who seemed like a lovely guy! Met John Terry as well but he made a bad impression, seemed a bit snipy.

Got quite the shock when I saw Lampard totally naked after the game :eek: