Jimmy, it was a pleasure!

2»

Comments

• Mr BlondeMr Blonde Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cute chick wrote:
    This is a thread for people to pay Jimmy respect. Just go away and stop stirring. :mad:
    Hes going home to his friends and family its not his funeral...we should celebrate the fact that he got to go home sooner rather than losing in the final like Sid and Carol...Jimmy was a nice bloke but being a nice bloke isnt enough on these shows...you have to be highly entertaining as well...
  • *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,151
    Forum Member
    Hard luck Jimmy, you had no chance of getting into the final three of the St Shermememe show. :(
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ProVista wrote:
    Do as Jimmy does. Smile nicely :) and politely walk away.

Point taken. I have chilled out now. :)
  • pseudonympseudonym Posts: 2,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't like Jimmy at first but he really grew on me and I agree that as time went on he came across as a nice gentle person with a lot of respect for others. Sorry to see him go and wish him all the best.
  • RandomRandom Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    A lovely guy. Thanks, lil buddy. I'm too young to remember the Osmonds but am going to buy myself one of his records now! :)
    Is it true there's going to be an Osmonds show (like a nice guy version of the Osbournes)? I think I read that somewhere.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jimmy deserved a place in the final. What a lovely guy...and a bit naughty with his bear! :);)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are touring next year. Think it's Jimmy, Merrill, Jay and Wayne.

I went to see Merrill last year it's just like you are part of the family.

If you can go I would say it's definately worth it. :)
  • squigglessquiggles Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    This sucks. :( Partly because it's a bit of a shock, I really thought he'd make the final over two of the last three. I don't know very much about the Osmonds either, but I absolutely agree that he's a lovely guy and has been fabulous to watch, when we've been allowed to, whether doing a trial or talking, or talking to his bear. I'm sure his family are extremely proud - and he's over the moon to be back with them (his wife, at least). I can't believe he's gone, quite surprised that Sid and Sheree are there longer, is it that a lot of soap fans are watching this show too? Or just the editing... I'm so disappointed, he deserved to be the winner. I'm not too bothered who wins now, I guess I'd pick Carol, wouldn't mind if it's Sid, hope it's not anyone else.

Anyway. Jimmy's gone. :cry: He's awwwesome! :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At first I thought he was a tad boring.

I really grew to like him over the 2 weeks though, he is such a genuienly nice guy. Never a bad word to say about anyone, he also had a cheeky sense of humour.

I really wanted it to be him that won, he would have made such a gracious winner and it would be good to show nice guys can win as well.

I wish him luck in what he does in the future, top bloke
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Blonde wrote:
    Jimmy was an average contestant and when average contestants join the show it leads a lot of people to think 'why didnt they choose Jade Goody?'...so for that reason alone he shouldnt have been there...ITV would be in tv heaven with Jade at the helm...

ha mr blonde still going on about jade :D.. I remember the back to reality and BB threads

I hope she pays you quite a bit as her PR man.

As for jimmy being an average contestant. I actually thought it was refershing to have someone like that doing well, a really nice guy but far from boring. I thought he was an excellent contestant.. you are of course entitlted to your opinion, see if you can do it without promoting jade next time...I had just about forgotten about her :D
  • sheila_psheila_p Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swankyjohn wrote:
    ha mr blonde still going on about jade :D.. I remember the back to reality and BB threads

I hope she pays you quite a bit as her PR man.

As for jimmy being an average contestant. I actually thought it was refershing to have someone like that doing well, a really nice guy but far from boring. I thought he was an excellent contestant.. you are of course entitlted to your opinion, see if you can do it without promoting jade next time...I had just about forgotten about her :D

I agree. It would be refreshing to keep this thread on topic :)
  • geniejeangeniejean Posts: 109,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I voted for Jimmy every night...shame he`s out, he`s such a nice guy, he even shook hands with the waiter when he picked up his champagne, and again on the way out, I don`t think anybody else has been so polite. I hope Carol wins now, her trials have been the best...I don`t think Sheree would have done Carol`s last trial, show has been good overall though maybe would have been better if the celebrities had not got on with each other....such as Jordan & Johnny Rotten
  • sheila_psheila_p Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Geniejean and welcome :)
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,698
    Forum Member
    Welcome back Mr Blonde :D
    You'd only disappoint if you ever started singing a different tune :D

Back on Topic

I don't expect Jimmy ever thought he'd win, particularly as he's not British and doesn't get that much coverage over here in his everyday career.
    He did well to come so far.

Along with most other people I found him to be a real joy, a lovely man, and not at all sickly nice, just very genuine. The kind of person I wish I knew.

I wish him all the very best in the future ...
    (not that I imagine he needs it, if he reaps what he sows than he's going to do just fine :) )
  • Dancing QueenDancing Queen Posts: 9,917
    Forum Member
  • SalbatesSalbates Posts: 2,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When i first saw Jimmy i thought he wsa slightly slimey and he unearved me a bit, i guess i am not used to people being THAT nice all the time, but as the show went on, he was that nice all the time and i accepted that he is a genuinely decent guy and i think he's fab :)

He's renewed my faith in human nature :)
  • JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Random wrote:
    A lovely guy. Thanks, lil buddy. I'm too young to remember the Osmonds but am going to buy myself one of his records now! :)
    I wouldn't go that far.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,646
    Forum Member
    A very nice man - kind, considerate, and thoughtful - and yet, for some reason, I couldn't quite take to him at first. I did warm to him in the end, though. I think the real turning point for me was when Kimberley was talking about leaving, and she was getting pressure from David to go and from Sheree to stay, and Jimmy said, 'We all need to back off and let Kimberley decide for herself what she wants to do.' I would have liked him to be in the final. :(
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sheila_p wrote:
    What a lovely, lovely man he is. He's made the last couple of weeks a pleasure.

Anyone agree?

Yeah. What I like about Jimmy is that he really tried in that lily pod trial. He didn't just treat the thing like one big joke..he actually really tried to make it to the next lily pad.

Some of these celebrities do things like this and don't even try half..but I really got a vibe from Jimmy that he was trying his best to do this task. He was standing there really trying to judge how far he needed to jump in order to make it to the next lily pad. Good on you Jimmy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Salbates wrote:
    When i first saw Jimmy i thought he wsa slightly slimey and he unearved me a bit, i guess i am not used to people being THAT nice all the time, but as the show went on, he was that nice all the time and i accepted that he is a genuinely decent guy and i think he's fab :)

Me too. I thought that smile would slip. But it never did because it was 100% genuine.

He is a genuine nice person. Not a pretend nice person but kind, thoughtful, sensitive and helpful through and through. He is an example to me.
  • JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A very nice bloke. Considerate, wise and unflappable.

Maybe there's something in this Mormon nonsense.
  • darlingdarling Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    I loved Jimmy from episode 1 and happily voted for him throughout. I'm really sorry he's gone. :(

Think I'll switch to voting for Carol and Sid tonight in an effort to get rid of the ghastly Sheree. :mad:
  • Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    Such a nice guy will really miss him and he should have been in Sheree's place.
  • genieinabottlegenieinabottle Posts: 1,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was gutted Jimmy didnt make the final. ITV clearly didnt want a Yank in there at the end. He's a lovely guy and it highlighted how few really nice people we see on our TV screens.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,901
    Forum Member
    Salbates wrote:

Me too! It's not pleasant to think you've become so cynical that when someone is just so 'nice' that you look for the ulterior motive, but that was how I initially felt about Jimmy.

I changed my mind about him when Jenny was about to burst into tears if anyone was kind to her. He tried to comfort her, but realised she needed to be left alone, and instead let her know he was there if she needed a friend.