Options

Aljaz's Choreography

edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
Forum Member
✭✭
I think that he is a very good choreographer especially in the ballroom. So far, I haven't been really too impressed in his choreography in Latin but he is a very good addition to the show imo. Plus he seems so lovely :)

Comments

• Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Completely agree. Love watching his choregraphy, he does seem lovely, hopefully he'll be back next year :)
  • Options
    SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love Aljaz.
  • Options
    mollsshewrotemollsshewrote Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    I Agree. Thus far his ballroom choreography has been fantastic. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    Completely agree. Love watching his choregraphy, he does seem lovely, hopefully he'll be back next year :)

Yes. Hopefully he'll be back next year :)
  • Options
    gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I have been impressed with his choreography, his dances have a lot of content and steps relevant to the dance they are doing, but are also fresh and exciting. Out of the new dancers both Aljaz and Anya have impressed me with their choreography. Aljaz especially in ballroom and Anya in Latin.
  • Options
    shakeyershammyshakeyershammy Posts: 18,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally agree, tonight's Tango was superb. Being easy on the eye certainly helps too!
  • Options
    ElanElan Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    His ballroom choreography has been wonderful. Fantastic addition. And gorgeous!
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elan wrote: »
    His ballroom choreography has been wonderful. Fantastic addition. And gorgeous!

Aljaz has been a fabulous addition to Strictly Come Dancing this year, I hope they keep him for next year too.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He seems lovely and so far, loving his work.:) Coming accross as dedicated without being dour and ott.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I concur :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought he was very creative in disguising the fact that he couldn't teach Abbey to Waltz properly and to Rumba properly.

But either he's a very bad teacher or Abbey's a very bad pupil. The gapping in their Blackpool Quickstep was inexcusable at this point in the competition.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He seems lovely and so far, loving his work.:) Coming accross as dedicated without being dour and ott.

Lovely words for Aljaz Scarlett.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    Lovely words for Aljaz Scarlett.

Terry,,,ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.:)
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alijaz' choreo is boring and sweet and without proper drama and direction. He is DULL.

It has taken me a while to realise this.

He seems a lovely person though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alijaz' choreo is boring and sweet and without proper drama and direction. He is DULL.

I could never describe Aljaz as dull or boring.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could never describe Aljaz as dull or boring.

Well, I am disappointed with him.

He hasn't FLAIR, Brendan, for all his many faults, has more flair in his arse, than Alijaz has.

It took a long time to reach the conclusion I have, but Abbey's dances are one note and boring.

And that's a lot up to him.

Alijaz doesn't UNDERSTAND drama.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He hasn't FLAIR, Brendan, for all his many faults, has more flair in his arse, than Alijaz has.

It took a long time to reach the conclusion I have, but Abbey's dances are one note and boring.

I agree that Aljaz has a way to go to get to Antons highs but he does have a lot of potential.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm not inclined to write him off until I've seen him partnered with another celeb. Clearly he's had an understanding with the judges from Week 1 that as long as he delivers pretty routines Abbey can handle, the judges are not going to deduct points for lack of substance.

Perhaps with a more talented celeb we'll see more from him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not inclined to write him off until I've seen him partnered with another celeb. Clearly he's had an understanding with the judges from Week 1 that as long as he delivers pretty routines Abbey can handle, the judges are not going to deduct points for lack of substance.

Perhaps with a more talented celeb we'll see more from him.

I HOPE so.

Because I like Alijaz.

But it took a while and a lot of watching to cop on, and I'm not sure it isn't him.

He needs to feel drama and focus in his routines - they don't move or climax, they don't hit the spot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I HOPE so.

Because I like Alijaz.

But it took a while and a lot of watching to cop on, and I'm not sure it isn't him.

He needs to feel drama and focus in his routines - they don't move or climax, they don't hit the spot.

I'm sure it will all come for Aljaz in time
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    I LOVED his Foxtrot choreography and to me that did have drama, his Quickstep, however, did disappoint me, it didn't build to anything and felt a bit lost on the bigger floor. I'm looking forward to what he does with the Viennese Waltz and American Smooth, as I think he's better suited to the more romantic dances.

His latin choreography has been forgettable though but I think that has a lot to with his partner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I LOVED his Foxtrot choreography and to me that did have drama, his Quickstep, however, did disappoint me, it didn't build to anything and felt a bit lost on the bigger floor. I'm looking forward to what he does with the Viennese Waltz and American Smooth, as I think he's better suited to the more romantic dances.

His latin choreography has been forgettable though but I think that has a lot to with his partner.

I'm sure Aljaz will be here to stay.
  • Options
    Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree with you, though I am not sure if it is him or if its because Abbey is very limited in ability....if its the latter then he is doing quite well to mask her lack of ability from the judges(though some of us here can spot it;))I came to this opinion after the Tango and Foxtrot...very safe and uninspiring, especially her Tango which had no drama or intensity.
    I guess we will have to wait and see what he can produce when he has a different celeb.:)
  • Options
    ellieb123ellieb123 Posts: 7,546
    Forum Member

Ooooohhhh- that's why Brendan sticks his arse out so much when he dances- he's storing all his flair there. Thanks for clearing that up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree that Aljaz has a way to go to get to Antons highs but he does have a lot of potential.

Terry you are hilarious :D:D:p