EastEnders | Monday 6th October 2014 | Linda's Tragic Ordeal

Comments

• duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found it deeply upsetting . Just seeing Linda lieing there was truly awful
  • NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EESuperFan wrote: »
    Kellie was great tonight.

She really was. Her shocked look and laboured breathing was just, I don't know, I was shocked, sad and heartbroken for her all in the same breath.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sw2963 wrote: »
    Agreed and love your name
    You make it sound like this is the first soap to do a rape storyline
    No I don't, I'm just glad they've written a storyline that raises awareness of rape. It's great that the other soaps do it too.
    Does it need awareness? Surely every watching viewer knows what rape is.
    It's not about that though is it? Look at how Linda was acting. She was acting how a rape victim could react after the ordeal.

Jesus, not very deep are you?
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After watching that episode its made me uncomfortable poor Linda. And Dean wont be going to trial from what DTC has said in an interview no justice for Linda is so wrong
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Moody Blue wrote: »
    Isn't Dean her nephew?
    Brother in law apparently
    CherryRose wrote: »
    Not really a writing team does.
    That clears that up then :)
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,216
    Forum Member
    Wow, that episode was so good, poor Linda :( Kellie is brilliant already and the storyline has just started!

EE is so good right now, roll on tomorrow's episode. :D
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does Dean actually know he raped her?
    I mean, obviously, it's rape, she said no...
    But Dean doesn't actually seem to think she meant it. And no, of course I don't think that excuses it, but that actually goes some way in to how TPTB are trying to keep Dean a redeemable character...

Nope. In interviews the actor said when Dean sees her again he acts as though they had a one night stand and promises he won't tell Mick.
  • PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    surely that rarely happens though.

Much more often than you think.
  • LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    women getting pregnant by anal... seems like a pretty rare thing.
    that isn't what I meant, I meant you can have sex like that with it going in the vagina and not up the bum, anyway I don't want to talk about it. I've said quite enough. :blush:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02836nz autumn trailer!
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God that was a tough watch. Linda has really grown on me. I don't think we need to have everything spelled out for us. They've shown enough.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the support guys. It's an awful thing to happen, it destroys you as a person inside because you keep wondering what if for the rest of your life. I'm past that point in my life now. I feel like a different person.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know how long roughly it is before she tells Mick?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Messed up or not, no means no.

:confused: Where did I say that wasn't the case?
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the support guys. It's an awful thing to happen, it destroys you as a person inside because you keep wondering what if for the rest of your life. I'm past that point in my life now. I feel like a different person.

So sorry this happened to you, glad that you feel better.
  • Valene1Valene1 Posts: 1,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LHolmes wrote: »
    Mick is Shirley's son but neither he or Dean know this.
    John Dough wrote: »
    Shirley is the mother of both of them,but THEY don't know that.

Shirley's the mother of Mick and Dean! I really must read catch up in TV mags if I miss any episodes as this just passed me by.
    it's very easy to ask these questions when it's not happened to you but i will tell you it's shock that you feel like you can't scream even thought you want too, it's shock.

It's true every case is different.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    They showed a lot more than I anticipated - there will be complaints. Poor Linda.

That was such a good episode though - despite being Carter orientated did anyone else feel that was like EastEnders about 15 years ago - gritty drama.

Well done Ms McKlee a great script.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Keefjaxon. Rising awareness is exactly what the storyline should be doing. The fact that people are discussing how a rape victim would/could react is somethingthat needs addressing

Also the fact is that a rapist is not necessarily a stranger down a dark alley but can be anyone

I thought it was portrayed well. It wasn't the slightest bit sensationalist IMO
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never said you did, my point was whether it explains whether his head is messed up, don't make it ok.

That's fairly obvious. Strange response to what was in my post as I never suggested it made it ok.
  • Songbird90Songbird90 Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know how long roughly it is before she tells Mick?

I read that it goes on till Xmas and Mick isnt the first to find out but i really hope it doesn't get dragged out that long.
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Harrowing and emotionally stunning.
  • Seymour ButtsSeymour Butts Posts: 3,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    women getting pregnant by anal... seems like a pretty rare thing.

I think you need the birds and the bees talk
  • 16caerhos16caerhos Posts: 2,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hate to be crude, but you can penetrate the vagina from behind. He didn't rape her anally.

Can we end this discussion now and focus on what's actually important in this episode?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was good that Phil/Sharon were not in the episode so it not only meant no distractions from the Carter's but also we get left waiting to find out more about Phil. That was a good move
  • doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Aunt Babe seems very clingy with her. She's going to go psycho.

I'm calling it now. The fact that Sylvie passed Mick off as her own son instead of
    Shirley's baby is Carter family history repeating itself.
    Babe is Shirley's real mum .....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    16caerhos wrote: »
    Hate to be crude, but you can penetrate the vagina from behind. He didn't rape her anally.

Can we end this discussion now and focus on what's actually important in this episode?

Well i'm ready to move on from it now