114K they´ve beaten 1D!

Even Better! :D
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    I can't believe they beat a ONE DIRECTION CHARITY SINGLE. :eek:

And that's with little airplay. :eek:

What happend to the album where di that come?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to see the never ending articles about them, capital fm, radio 1 airplay and the reality tv show paid off then... it would've been embarrassing had they not got it:rolleyes:

Overexposed.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice to see the never ending articles about them, capital fm, radio 1 airplay and the reality tv show paid off then... it would've been embarrassing had they not got it:rolleyes:

Overexposed.

I totally disagree they are nowhere near the level of overexposure the likes of GA made us endure and yes it is good their hard work and dedication paid off they earned this #1 which is more than some bands.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    I totally disagree they are nowhere near the level of overexposure the likes of GA made us endure and yes it is good their hard work and dedication paid off they earned this #1 which is more than some bands.

TBF they are over exposed alot, that is not to take any thing away from this. But lets be honest you can't gop a day without seeing one of them in any paper shopping or whatever else.

Im sure GA were the same too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Overexposed.

They were actually only #23 on airplay when the song got released. '30 Days' peaked at #19 on airplay, 'My Heart Takes Over' wasn't even top 40 on airplay and 'All Fired Up' was #13 on airplay, so they haven't actually been properly backed by radio in years. Radio 1 playlist them but play them the bare minimum required, same with Capital FM.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well done to them :) I love the song.
  • matty_andersonmatty_anderson Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well deserved.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    So happy for them, let's hope this is the first of many.
  • MixstarMixstar Posts: 9,290
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »
    I'm sorry but the Sean Paul version is awful, he f*cking ruins the song!
    His rap parts are so unecessary.

THANK YOU. So sick of rent-a-rappers just ruining good songs. I refuse to listen to the version with him in it. I'm happy they're Number One, just a shame it had to be with the "assistance" of a rapper. :sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The best thing about it is they didn't have X-Factor, Simon Cowell, Britains Got Talent or the Voice behind them. Just hard work and consistantly good songs!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mixstar wrote: »
    THANK YOU. So sick of rent-a-rappers just ruining good songs. I refuse to listen to the version with him in it. I'm happy they're Number One, just a shame it had to be with the "assistance" of a rapper. :sleep:

Yes because all the other songs without rappers got to no 1. Sean paul was the best thing about that song.

End of the day i don't see the proble'm they have 2 versions. 1 with him and 1 with out.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So proud of them, I've been a huge fan since 2008, have followed their career very closely and have seen the amount of hard work they've put in, I'm so glad they have a number one, it's long overdue in my opinion, and 114k is very impressive when you consider how much their singles were selling last year, 30 Days charted ok but didn't sell amazingly, and this has amazing first week sales, even beating One Direction! How the heck did that happen?! I'm totally chuffed though, I hope they have many more hits.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    The best thing about it is they didn't have X-Factor, Simon Cowell, Britains Got Talent or the Voice behind them. Just hard work and consistantly good songs!

So your belittling cowell acts why, just cause they get an extra push? Not farl really.
  • Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG PRAISE THA LAWD!

FEEL SO HOT HOT GOT THAT FIRE!

Okay I'll stop now. :D This song is amaze.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So your belittling cowell acts why, just cause they get an extra push? Not farl really.

That's not what he was saying, looking at the charts these days it's easy to see that acts formed or pushed by Cowell do very well, they have a huge amount of exposure on x factor, idol etc, many months of being on the TV, then of course they get all the radio exposure and the TV slots, top notch producers and magazine articles, I'm not saying there is something wrong with that, but all he was saying was that it's impressive for The Saturdays who weren't launched from a show like that, who have little radio play compared to the likes of 1D and Little Mix etc and still manage to have bigger first week sales than them, 1D is the biggest pop group in the world and still didn't sell as much in one week with a single for charity!
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    They've done it! They're No 1! Yay :D "All fired up, I feel alive, all fired up, I feel alive..."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "All fired up, I feel alive, all fired up, I feel alive..."

And it took three hired songwriters to put that together...
  • Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BOY BEWARE.

Take a seat with your ego.
  • iamstrongiamstrong Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Doesn't change the fact that's it's a great song :D

http://24.media.tumblr.com/ab72691523f2f820e089d1754803c0b2/tumblr_mk60b27ygP1r3few6o6_250.gif
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The girls finding out that they're number one for anyone that missed it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJjY8UNorR4
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iamstrong wrote: »

I must of watched her twerk video 50 times last night!:D
  • DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love their previous stuff but this is so naff, how is it the best selling song of the year (then again it's better than 1D crap)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    I can't believe they did it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    I must of watched her twerk video 50 times last night!:D

Post the full vid please.