Fox news is FUNNY!

patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/entertainment/celebrities_gossip/Watch-Mike-Jerrick-and-.html

OK. Normally I consider it to be a home for the bewildered. Only on weeks like this week do I even venture onto Fox - because their coverage of major events makes you :eek::o:eek::o:cry: exactly in that order.

However, someone linked this on Facebook - and I was crying with laughter. It's some kind of morning show where an Olympic swimmer is interviewed about his new 'E' reality TV show and manages to make the Kardashians look like the Borgias.

The really funny part, though, is the reaction of the interviewers after they bid this fine specimen adieu. Classic stuff. :D

I'm gobsmacked to say I've a new respect for Fox. :eek:

Comments

• PlatinumStevePlatinumSteve Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's not Fox News, that's the Fox affiliate for Philadelphia. It's sort of like how your ITV was with different regions having different channels, here each city has it's own set of network affiliates that are individual to the city.

ETA: but it was very funny, the way he slipped in water sports there and Lochte being the oaf he is was just like ok, and smiles.
  • Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    british news presenters are just so dry and like robots you wouldnt get stuff like this happening here. i like how on their news whether its fox or nbc they give out their hilarious opinions and biases. makes for good tv like above :D
  • tellywatcher73tellywatcher73 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was pretty funny at the end :D
  • patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's not Fox News, that's the Fox affiliate for Philadelphia. It's sort of like how your ITV was with different regions having different channels, here each city has it's own set of network affiliates that are individual to the city.

ETA: but it was very funny, the way he slipped in water sports there and Lochte being the oaf he is was just like ok, and smiles.

:o Oops, sorry! Didn't realise as I just lifted the link from Facebook. I love seeing real belly laughs on TV. :)
  • PlatinumStevePlatinumSteve Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :o Oops, sorry! Didn't realise as I just lifted the link from Facebook. I love seeing real belly laughs on TV. :)

No biggie :-) I love me so Lochte, but ohh man he's dumb as a brick.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    Kiwi we presenters are really sarcastic, I remember one doing an interview with Craig David in the year when he always talked about himself in third person, and they spent the rest of the show asking the absolute piss, referring to themselves the same way, in that sappy conceted voice of his!
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Oh lord, Ryan Lochte reclining on his back in his trunks with his hands behind his head. Be still my shorts.

(He seemed as thick as a brick in the interview though)
  • BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Fox News is a comedy station.

The Bill o'Really show and the classic Glen Beck 'Happy on meds show'

Best female anchor is the weekend one, Gretchen the weekday one is thick.
  • akhenatenakhenaten Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it funny how all the women presenters on fox news look like models, also they have a show called "fox and friends" where they always have a woman sitting between to men showing lots of leg.
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're as mad as a right wing box of frogs are Fox News, but when you want breaking news direct from America, it's much better to watch than say Sky and the BBC.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that was hilarious, not, seriously OP what was so funny about that?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Oh dear. I see their point. How on Earth are they going to fill 13 episodes worth of material out of that dumbo? He can barely string a coherent sentence together in the space of a few minutes.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,948
    Forum Member
    f_196 wrote: »
    They're as mad as a right wing box of frogs are Fox News, but when you want breaking news direct from America, it's much better to watch than say Sky and the BBC.
    They do have some proper news presenters like Shepard Smith who reports the news rather than rant against the world. That's why they pay him $10m. Leave the silly stuff to O'Reilly and Hannity and Geraldo.
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    Mandark wrote: »
    They do have some proper news presenters like Shepard Smith who reports the news rather than rant against the world. That's why they pay him $10m. Leave the silly stuff to O'Reilly and Hannity and Geraldo.

Is Geraldo the one who looks like Ned Flanders?
  • OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only Fox news I want to read about is that our left back being sold...
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member

I thought it was quite refreshing that the two hosts mocked Lochte for coming across as a dimwit (which he did) instead of lickspittling the way celebs usually do with each other.
    Forum Member
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    Is Geraldo the one who looks like Ned Flanders?
    Curly hair, moustache and glasses. Had his own Jerry Springer like chat show some years back on one of the main channels.
  • ba_baracusba_baracus Posts: 3,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to Fox News, Zooey Deshcanel was a suspect for the Boston marathon bombing.

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/04/the-fox-news-closed-captioning-person-just-won-the-boston-bomber-standoff-coverage/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 480
    Forum Member
    News presenters in the States are a different breed to us Brits, most of the women look like models, glammed up to the nines, and the men look like they are wheeled in from some hermetically sealed unit every morning.

I like it though :o I enjoy seeing purty people on my tv :D
  • patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If I have to tell you what was funny about it, it's obvious you aren't going to find it funny.
    Elle Fyar wrote: »
    News presenters in the States are a different breed to us Brits, most of the women look like models, glammed up to the nines, and the men look like they are wheeled in from some hermetically sealed unit every morning.

Me too. :D Their skin is so flawless :(
    Forum Member
    Many of the US female presenters aren't necessarily that pretty but they all make the best of themselves. Trim bodies, lots of toned leg on show, Hollywood hair etc... Only serious political reporters like Candy Crowley on CNN who gets to host presidential debates can get away with looking like a more typical middle aged woman.
  • n1guyn1guy Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elle Fyar wrote: »

I agree, its the only reason I watch Fox News, Megyn Kelly does it for me ;) Infact I wouldn't throw any of them out of bed for farting, well maybe Gretchen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 480
    Forum Member
    Me too. :D Their skin is so flawless :([/QUOTE]

I know :(

Most of them aren't bimbos either, a lot have the qualifications to back it up. Megan Kelly is one of my favourite presenters, you can tell she has a law degree when she's involved in studio debates.
  • n1guyn1guy Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know :(

Most of them aren't bimbos either, a lot have the qualifications to back it up. Megan Kelly is one of my favourite presenters, you can tell she has a law degree when she's involved in studio debates.

Oh yes they all seem well educated which makes them even more attractive :D There used to be 1 blonde bimbo on there Courtney Frie who seemed a bit thick, Not sure if she's still on or not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    FOX News: fair, balanced and impartial news reporting...as long as you subscribe to their way of thinking. At least they got rid of Glenn Beck (who makes Alex Jones look sane), which isn't all that bad. Hopefully they'll get rid of O'Reilly next. That said, it would still be a crappy channel to watch.