Options

Music keeps stopping (ipad)

David (2)David (2) Posts: 20,632
Forum Member
✭✭✭
No ideas what's happening, but it now seems I am able to playback music on the iPad while using safari, but the problem is playback keeps stopping.
What's going on?

Ios 8.0.2

Comments

• Options
    victorslotvictorslot Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As far as I'm aware playing music has always been possible in the background whilst doing other things. Are you playing the music that is stored on your iPad or are you streaming it? If streaming from another location then it's probably down to your wifi not being able to provide enough bandwidth for the two operations at the same time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the same even on music inside the ipad, I turned genius off as well.

Thing, is under iOS 7.x it never multitasked music playback, even when stored inside the iPad. Under 8 it seems like it is trying to work but not successfully.
  • Options
    alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Memory maybe full. Can you clear some to allow more RAM.
    If you do not get the solution, Opera Mini whilst playing might well be your best bet.

In browsers, when available I tend to set defaults to 'low resolution images' to cover speed and bottlenecks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Memory is only about half full.
  • Options
    victorslotvictorslot Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have just tested this on iPad Air with 8.1 and yes it stops playing after a few seconds when using Safari. Using other Apps seem OK though obviously not tested that many. Will check else where for a solution, if anyone finds one please report back.

Edit: have tested now on several web sites and it is only on this one that the problem exists so it seems it is a DS fault. If you stay on the same page it's ok but change to another and it fades out.
  • Options
    zapodzapod Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iPad 4 with iOS 8.1. Playing Soundcloud in Safari, switching to Twitter, Facebook, photos apps and the music keeps going for the whole track... Music library stuff always multitasks. YouTube vids in a safari tab stop when switching away from the app or switching tabs so clearly there is a limit depending on how the 'stream' is defined.

Try connecting to iTunes, backing up, then do a restore from the backup. This can also free up some storage on the device.
  • Options
    alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If web site sounds interfere, set them to off ?

I assume it hard to know when RAM memory is full, unlike storage memory so just maybe ads take RAM.
  • Options
    iGeek2014iGeek2014 Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've managed to replicate the problem on an iPad rMini using iOS 8.1 using Safari.

I was streaming via Spotify and whenever I browsed the Digital Spy website it paused the music.