After tonight's episode, I'm guessing River Song is... (Spoiler tagged for safety)

13»

Comments

• PretinamaPretinama Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    Interesting that as none of these are actual spoilers that they're all in tags. Surely hypothesising doesn't need these tags (just more clicking ugh).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    I don't think Amy is preggers :)
    She knew she had to tell the Doctor something, she just doesn't remember what, she's having stomach pains, she feels ill, why wouldn't she think she's pregnant.
    River felt sick as well...maybe Amy is her daughter!
    And as this is my own idle speculation, I'm not using spoiler tags.
  • tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think so. I don't think that:
    The Doctor would recruit the child of a previous companion. It doesn't seem to be the way that he works.

Yeah but if something were to happen to amy and rory knowing him he would see the need to.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    I'm curious as to the use of spoiler tags in a thread of people who as clueless as each other as to how the story will play out. These are all guesses... not spoilers. Of course one could be right, but by its very definition of a GUESS... it is still *not* a spoiler. :/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    I was quite tired when I watched this episode the other night, question:
    Why does everyone think Amy is pregnant, did she say that?

Now for the theory, this isn't really a theory. However why does everyone seem to think the little girl in the spacesuit is
    Amy's daughter or River song or whatever

To me it seem quite obvious this is just the shapeshifter from the lodger who entices people in to the tardis. It's even the same voice!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    it seems staht some of these ideas are a bit too obvious and really not all that interesting in a storytelling way. Here is my idea. The person in the suit is a different version of the Doctor. Remember, we are searching for what caused the TARDIS to explode. My guess is that the Doctor caused a paradox and that caused the crack and the TARDIS to explode. To eliminate the paradox the doctor had to kill one version of himself to save the universe. I think it would be great if it ended up being David Tennant in the suit. After all, if I am correct, it was probably he that caused the paradox. I am still not sure about River, but I am pretty sure she is not his "wife". I think the Doctor is more of a Godfater to her in some way. Maybe she is Amy's daughter and something happens to Amy /Rory in the future and the Doctor takes on the responsibility of raising her child.
  • wolfukwolfuk Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    When River tried to shoot the astronaught in the lake nothing happend, she said - off course - so she must have an idea of who or what it is.

There would be the paradox if it was her younger self, the most is its amy daighter in furture.

It could be amy.

But then anythings possible
  • Salford_WhoSalford_Who Posts: 4,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cuttysark wrote: »
    But it could well be River, if you read the review here.

I states that.....
    River makes two spectacular entrances.
    which we haven't seen the latter of, or have we????

We've only seen 1 entrance, the other one will leave people's jaw dropping unless they've read the spoilers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    korbany wrote: »
    Just before the spaceman kills the Doctor, he lifts his visor up. If you pause the video at that point, you can see the lower part of his face. It is clearly an adult male face.
    Okay this is my theory.
    Amy told him what happened to future Doctor and the Doctor leaves them to look after the girl and goes and kills himself to preserve the timeline. Meanwhile the girl regenerates and turns out to be Jenny. The actress Sydney Wade got to press some buttons on the tardis though so I'm not sure. Just that strong jaw makes you think Matt doesnt it. Unless it's Nixon :P
    Please don't kill me...