Google chrome for android missing history button

JethroUKJethroUK Posts: 6,107
Forum Member
Just got a new tablet and using Google chrome for android when i noticed they have forgotten to add "history" button to it

After a little bit of googling about this I found someone posted a great solution

Just type:

chrome://history

in the bar

then save this as a favorite

works a treat - and because GC is in sync with all my other computers, "History" has appeared on my links bar on those too which is great

Comments

• lovedoctor1978lovedoctor1978 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im more pissed off that after I upgraded my mobile to 3.1 I now have the stock browser and chrome. Neither of which I can uninstall. The stock browser is fine for me. I will never use chrome so why cant I get rid?????
  • JethroUKJethroUK Posts: 6,107
    Forum Member
    Im more pissed off that after I upgraded my mobile to 3.1 I now have the stock browser and chrome. Neither of which I can uninstall. The stock browser is fine for me. I will never use chrome so why cant I get rid?????

Prolly coz android is Googles own operating system and they insist on their browser being represented on it - same way you cant even operate an android device without having a google email account and logging into it

Of course you dont have to use it - in fact I dont like it on my mobile phone (prefer Opera Mobile) so I just deleted GC from my desktop so its not even visible and wouldn't know it even existed
  • SebastianJackSebastianJack Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    JethroUK wrote: »
    Just got a new tablet and using Google chrome for android when i noticed they have forgotten to add "history" button to it

After a little bit of googling about this I found someone posted a great solution

Just type:

chrome://history

in the bar

then save this as a favorite

works a treat - and because GC is in sync with all my other computers, "History" has appeared on my links bar on those too which is great

Nice!!!

Very Nice Find indeed! - works great on my Nexus 7.

Rgrds,
    SebJ.
  • SebastianJackSebastianJack Posts: 58
    Forum Member

Probably because it's been 'pushed' to the /system/app folder as part of an official update. Without ROOT level permissions, you're stuck with it I'm afraid.

But as JethroUK suggests, there are many other great browsers available... Opera Mobile being one of them.

Rgrds,
    SebJ.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    At least on android you can choose your default apps such as browser.